Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Viewing 15 posts - 6,061 through 6,075 (of 6,300 total)
  • Author
    Ellette Giselle
    @ellette-giselle
      • Total Posts: 1093

@whalekeeper

@loopylin
      @koshka @keilah-h

This is kinda depressingly dead. We had a good flow going!

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Koshka
      @koshka
        • Total Posts: 1556

@loopylin @keilah-h @ellette-giselle

Are the twins coming?

Leo

“Later, people.” Feather boy twirled away in a swirl of rose and gold.

How did someone say goodbye here again? Leo smiled and raised his hand in a halfhearted wave.

Nobody looked horrified, so at least he didn’t do something wrong. On second thought, each of these kids looked like they belonged to different worlds, not to mention cultures. How… He stepped into the elevator.

Rory followed behind with a quick glance the abnormally large elevator. Leo nodded, fingers hovering over the Vooom button. He gripped the support rail.

“You’ll want to hold on. Now, last call for passengers.”

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Loopy
        @loopylin
          • Total Posts: 2334

@ellette-giselle @koshka @keilah-h

sorry, I forgot about this

The twins

Ellie hesitated, watching Marcel leave, but soon she scurried after her sister into the elevator.

The doors shut, and the four passengers stood in silence. The elevator rattled and lifted.

“So…” Eddie couldn’t stand silence for very long. “Either of you boys got dates for the dance yet?”

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Ellette Giselle
          @ellette-giselle

@loopylin @keilah-h @koshka

Rory

The elevator lifted with a jerk and Rory grabbed one of the bars, a wave of dizziness passing over him. Prepare for takeoff, came a voice in his mind. Strap helmet, position guns… Rory shook his head.

“So…” began one of the twins, “Either of you boys got dates for the dance yet?”

Rory blinked at her. Dance? Oh yes, that dance. Oh man. chose a date? How do I decided what a good day would be? “I didn’t know we had to chose the date. I thought the school decided what day it was going to be held,” he replied slowly.

Loopy
            @loopylin

@ellette-giselle @koshka @keilah-h

The twins 

Eddie burst into a fit of giggles. Ellie rolled her eyes.

“No, a date. Have you asked a girl out yet?”

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

whaley
              @whalekeeper
                • Total Posts: 3144

This is amusing XD

“Everything is a mountain”

Ellette Giselle
                @ellette-giselle

@koshka @keilah-h @loopylin

Rory

Rory flushed and looked from one girl to the other. “I… um… no. I’ve never done that before. Where I come from things are pretty strict. We don’t dance, and we certainly don’t… what do you call it? Date.” He shrugged. “So, yeah.” Rory looked at the floor and drew circles with the toe of his shoe.

whaley
                  @whalekeeper
                    • Total Posts: 3144

@rae @calyhuge

Hugo

“Oh, hey Nar!” Hugo pushed back his satchel and gave her a reassuring side hug. She didn’t need to know about the magnificent bruises, there was no point in wedging worry between them. “I’m good, I only bit my tongue a few times. Heh, heh.”

Nar wrinkled her nose. “That sounds horrible, for you specifically.”

He chuckled, bending over in amusement. “I’m fine, really. I’ve got thick skin. Nar, this is Brian and Kate, they’re also from foreign exchange.”

Brian and Kate nodded in greeting.

“Everything is a mountain”

Koshka
                    @koshka

Poor Rory. XD

Leo

The poor kid’s face turned red as he dragged the toe of his shoe around and around. Eddie seemed to be trying to smother more laughter.

But there was something more than just embarrassment in Rory’s eyes. Leo decided to intervene. “If I had a bonny, I would not be taking her to see the school plumbing system, which is where I be if somebody tries to flush their homework again. Besides, I don’t think the maintenance team is invited.” Even if they are hardly older than 23.52% of the students present. He shrugged, gripping the rail as the elevator slowed down.

“So then, have you been asked to go yet?” Leo smiled at the twins. “And should I be worried or relieved that no one’s asked my sister?”

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Koshka. Reason: Character must stay in Character

Ellette Giselle
                      @ellette-giselle

@koshka

I know. XD

@loopylin
                        @keilah-h @ellette-giselle

Rory

Before Rory could think of something to say that might help him out of the mess, Leo broke in.

“If I had a bonny, I would not be taking her to see the school plumbing system, which is where I be if somebody tries to flush their homework again. Besides, I don’t think the maintenance team is invited.”

That might be an option. Rory looked up hopefully. Maybe I can stick with Leo and we can avoid this whole party all together.

He opened his mouth to ask Leo if he could stick with him, but then snapped it shut. He was not about to do that in front of the twins. He didn’t want to accidentally put Leo in a tight spot.

“So then, have you been asked to go yet?” Leo smiled at the twins. “And should I be worried or relieved that no one’s asked my sister?”

Leo has a sister? That was news to Rory. I wonder if she’s like him? He seems to have his head on straight.

The more Rory thought about it, the more he hoped he could escape the party and stay with Leo. Despite his fears, he liked this young man and wanted to trust him.

Rory slowly shook his head. He didn’t trust easily, and he hoped that he wasn’t about to make a terrible mistake.

Loopy
                        @loopylin

@keilah-h is Hunter waiting for them at the top?

@koshka
                          @ellette-giselle

The twins

I haven’t been asked yet, but I’m not worried. I’ll find someone. Ellie, however, well, you just met Marcel,” Eddie grinned at her sister.

Ellie ignored her. Instead she looked up at Rory. “You don’t have to come tomorrow,” she said softly. “But if you do, you know you won’t be the only quiet person there. And there will always be people willing to teach you how to dance.”

The elevator stopped and the doors cranked open.

Ellette Giselle
                          @ellette-giselle

@koshka

@loopylin
                            @keilah-h

Rory

“You don’t have to come tomorrow,” Ellie said softly.

Rory hesitated, looking down at her.

Ellie continued. “But if you do, you know you won’t be the only quiet person there. And there will always be people willing to teach you how to dance.”

Of the twins, Rory decided right there that he liked her the best. She seemed to be able to sense his unease, and, unlike most people he knew, she didn’t rub salt into his open wounds.
                            Rory actually gave her a genuine smile. “Thanks, I’ll think about it.”

Teach me to dance? Rory nearly laughed. Then, a painful thought stabbed into him. What does a person like me need to learn about dancing? I’m just a tool, trained to fight for whatever my commanders tell me to. A tool to use until I malfunction, and then I’ll be gotten rid of.

The elevator stopped and the doors cranked open.

Rory looked up, and the smile was gone. A lingering pain shown just below the surface of his eyes, and he turned away. The few moments of joy were gone. Everything was dark once more.

Koshka
                            @koshka

Wait tool? *Immediately starts thinking Fork! Factory!*

Leo

The elevator doors slid open to reveal the upstairs hallway. A long line of red and blue doors stood before them. Leo turned left towards room 204 and its dead lightbulb.

“I need to go take care-”

“Lelo!” A high pitched wail sounded behind him. He spun around in time to see a blond head before it barreled into his legs.

“Lelo! I lost myself.”

Quincy. Leo untangled the sobbing five year old and lifted him to his shoulder. The child buried his face in his shirt to continue his lament.

“I couldn’t find the bathroom.”

Leo stiffened.

“I almost didn’t make it.”

“But you did find it?”

“Yeah.” Sniff. “But I lost the way back. Now I’m gonna miss snack, and Mrs Charlie had cookies.”

This last line came out in a desperate sob. Leo relaxed and began rubbing circles on the little back.

“I’ll get you back in time for cookies.”

Slowly, Quincy’s tears stopped. He relaxed, shifted, and relaxed again with his head tucked into Leo’s shoulder. In another moment, he gave into his emotional exhaustion and gained ten pounds.

“Well, looks like kiddo missed nap too.” Leo turned back to the others. “This is, well, my little brother. Quincy’s the name. I need to take him back to his kindergarten class. It’s just up the hall.”

Looked like Mission Lightbulb would have to wait a little longer.

(You’re welcome to come along. I’m just playing with this character and wanted to throw him in for a scene.)

Loopy
                              @loopylin

@whalekeeper don’t Seb and my characters have detention or something? Should we do that soon?

calyhuge
                                @calyhuge
                                  • Total Posts: 71

@whalekeeper @rae

Katonia

“Greetings,” we said to the newcomer.

Brian smiled wanly when Hugo hugged his friend. “I have to admire your skill, Hugo. You’ve gotten farther in one day than I have in six months.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Nothing,” Brian said with a shrug. He sniffed the air. “Say, do any of you smell that?”

I sniffed, and then wished I hadn’t. “I do all right. You guys smell that? It smells like something foul is burning.”

I ❤️ Debating Theology
                                  I ❤️ Family Heritage
                                  I ❤️ Medievals

Viewing 15 posts - 6,061 through 6,075 (of 6,300 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >