Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Viewing 15 posts - 6,046 through 6,060 (of 6,302 total)
  • Author
    Koshka
    @koshka
      • Total Posts: 1558

@whalekeeper

I appreciate your years of KP prowess, and I hope you will grace us with your KaPeefer knowledge 😁

*curtsey*

I hope I can be of some assistance.

Full disclosure though, I have only been an actual member for…3 years? But I was acquainted with the kingdom since some time before that.

*waves hand vaguely since I can’t remember*

(Also, I assumed Marcel’s paper thing was some magical type of origami?)

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 3144

@loopylin

sorry, I’m still confused. 😖 My brain struggles with abstract stuff.

You’re fine, I’m not good at communicating right now either 😅

So it’s a geometric kinda branching design that is slightly magical, so it looks different for each person?

[ @koshka ] (Also, I assumed Marcel’s paper thing was some magical type of origami?)

That’ll do as an explanation in a pinch XD

@koshka

*waves hand vaguely since I can’t remember*

Relatable. I think it’s been 2 years for me. It’s difficult to remember, and checking takes some time.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by whaley.

“Everything is a mountain”

Koshka
        @koshka

@anyonewhothismighthaveconfused

A note: Leo is not inside the elevator. It opened and closed behind him.

Loopy
          @loopylin
            • Total Posts: 2334

At some point, I want to combine everything people add to the newspaper somehow and write a couple short articles in my character’s voices. Maybe even draw in some photographs? idk

@whalekeeper

This guy is very natural with patterns because of his multi-wing thing, so he’s liable to keep adding branching patterns like a snowflake until he runs out of paper. That’s how his mind works.

he just needs an outlet for patterns

I love this. I sometimes do a similar sort of thing with my art. It’s more like a form of stimming for me.

Also, I somehow completely skipped the origami part on the first read lol. I can picture it now.

@koshka
            @keilah-h @ellette-giselle

Ellie 

“Thanks.” Ellie gently took the paper and turned it in her hands, staring with wide eyes.

“Can I try?” Eddie snatched it from her sister without waiting for an answer and began unfolding.

“Careful!” Ellie watched anxiously as Ed undid Marcel’s creation. Her hands worked quickly, refolding it into something taller and thinner. She held up the final result with a grin.

“What is it?”

“A hero! See her sword?”

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Ellette Giselle
            @ellette-giselle
              • Total Posts: 1093

@whalekeeper @loopylin @koshka @keilah-h

Rory

One of the twins nudged him. “Y0u’re staring,” she said. “Like, a lot.”

Rory opened his mouth, but before he could reply he felt something. Ducking and throwing his arms over his head, Rory looked up as something swooped over his head. Leo lurched into the wall next to them, his own eyes turned upward.

Air-raid! screamed a voice from Rory’s mind. We’re under attack! Go! Go! Go! Then the voice over the intercom. All military personnel, man your battle stations. Repeat. All military personnel, man your battle stations. This is not a drill.

Rory pressed his hands against his head, trying to drive out the sounds of gunfire, the yelling, the shriek of bombs, the sound of the ack-ack guns…. In his mind’s eye he saw Chris race past him toward one of the unmanned guns. No don’t do that! You know what will happen to you! Rory knew what would come next. He couldn’t watch again. He wanted to run forward and drag his friend back. To stop it from happening. But he couldn’t move. A bright flash, someone screamed, soldiers slammed into the ground. Rory felt the concussive wave. He staggered against the wall and squeezed his eyes shut. Chris! No!

It had happened. All over again. And there was nothing he could do.

Rory drew in a shuddering breath. I have to get control of myself. Please, please, please don’t do anything stupid. don’t let anyone know!

Rory slowly looked up, his breath still a little uneven. It seemed everyone had moved forward a little and was focused on something. Rory spotted the newcomer. A boy with wings. It’s not an air-raid. Everything is going to be fine.

Wings.

Rory started. He stared at the newcomer, ready for trouble.

This fellow seemed friendly enough. He was holding something out to one of the twins. Now the other girl, Eddie, he was pretty sure, snatched it from her sister. she began folding whatever it was to make a shape. Rory shook his head to clear it and took in another breath. Clean air. No reek of fire, no smell of blood. Clean. Everything is going to be okay. You aren’t there anymore.

He glanced over at Leo, but the young man seemed to be watching the twins. The elevator doors were open, but they closed when Rory glanced at them. Did someone leave? Rory looked around, but nothing had changed.

He let out another breath and slowly shook his head. When will I ever shake free of the nightmares?

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Koshka
              @koshka

@loopylin @keilah-h @ellette-giselle @whalekeeper

Leo

“See her sword?”

Leo smiled. It did have a pointy blade thing. In fact, the crisply folded paper was looked remarkably like the strange metal figures he’s seen around the city. Statues of heros from many worlds, or so he’d been told.

The paper was obviously not some type of ink lot test. Cool relief slid into his smile. Instead…His fingers twitched. It was some type of 3-d model making. Like blueprints made alive.

Right wing curved back. Left wing. Cockpit, smooth dome. Tiny pleats forming the wind flaps…

He blinked. The lights were dim. A steady drip came from somewhere nearby along with the whirr of some big machine. Eddie was doing something to her figurine’s sword, her sister still wearing an anxious half-smile. Feather Boy was beaming. Leo looked away from those wings.

He really needed to be changing that lightbulb out soon, not to mention Silvia’s “incident”.

Leo turned to punch the elevator button when he noticed Rory. A few beads of sweat glistened on the boy’s forehead. His eyes were wide and staring around as if he’d just woken up. His face slowly went blank.

Leo’s eyebrows twitched. Drew together. He mashed the elevator button and swiveled back around with a smile. “Anyone want the fast way up? Or at least, fast for those who don’t have wings.”

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Koshka. Reason: Ato-correct needs to be pummeled
                • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Koshka. Reason: Seriously?!

Ellette Giselle
                @ellette-giselle
                  • Total Posts: 1093

@whalekeeper

Looks like your wing boy threw two characters into flashback. Maybe you should tell him to use his legs. Haha! XD

@loopylin
                  @koshka @keilah-h

Rory

Leo turned and Rory blinked. Carefully he shifted his expression to a blank one. He thought he could see something lingering on Leo’s face, but it disappeared. His eyebrows twitched and drew together. He jammed a finger into the elevator button and turned around again. Whatever feelings or memories had shown through were gone, and his face displayed a cheerful smile. Rory couldn’t help but recognize the mask. Perhaps it was because he himself normally wore a mask of his own.

That was the only reason he had stayed alive.

“Anyone want the fast way up?” asked Leo. “Or at least, fast for those who don’t have wings,” he added.

Rory nodded. He forced himself to open his dry mouth. “Yeah, I’ll come up.”

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 4732

@whalekeeper so Marcel likes making, like, origami fractals??

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@whalekeeper @loopylin @koshka @ellette-giselle

Hunter

“Anyone want the fast way up?” the older boy–Leo–asked. “Or at least, fast for those who don’t have wings.”

“That’s ok. I’ll just fly.” Hunter told them.

Rory tensed at the sight of the new kid, the feathery-winged boy. Hmm….this one didn’t look like the bullies at all, but Hunter could see that Rory didn’t know that.

He barely knew this kid, but he didn’t seem like a threat.

Feathery Wings held out a paper with scribbles on it. Hunter took a close look at it as one of the tailed girls unfolded it and folded it back into some kind of shape.

The shape looked like Snake’s statue!

Or at least, it would if it weren’t missing its tail.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

whaley
                      @whalekeeper

@keilah-h

so Marcel likes making, like, origami fractals??

That’s the word I was looking for, a fractal!

Eddie and Ellie are the origami gurus in the echool (they make a ton of stuff I think), Marcel just does it for the symmetry.

whaley
                        @whalekeeper

@loopylin

At some point, I want to combine everything people add to the newspaper somehow and write a couple short articles in my character’s voices. Maybe even draw in some photographs? idk

Yeah, cute stuff like that :]

I love this. I sometimes do a similar sort of thing with my art. It’s more like a form of stimming for me.

Exactly. And it’s natural for him to stim like that because of his nature.

@ellette-giselle

Looks like your wing boy threw two characters into flashback. Maybe you should tell him to use his legs. Haha! XD

You have no idea how many times Marcel has accidently triggered flashbacks in people. It’s a little strange, ngl.

@koshka
                          @keilah-h

Marcel

Marcel squinted at the panicked student.

People seemed to have panic attacks whenever he showed up. Or maybe that happened everywhere, and he didn’t go out enough. Either way, he had accepted this attraction a long time ago.

“Mm…” Marcel pulled his sweater sleeves over his wrists, which periodically blossomed with rose-shaped down. He turned on his heel. “Later, people.”

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@whalekeeper coooool

I love fractals. They’re awesome.

Koshka
                            @koshka

@Anyone who cares XD

I would like to note that Leo’s response was not a panic attack, and was not due to Marcel. He’s a uh… engineer of sorts. He’s just weird.

I actually do something similar except with imaginary sewing patterns and fabric.

He doesn’t have traumatic stress, just a lot of people who want him dead. =D

whaley
                              @whalekeeper

@koshka 👍

Loopy
                                @loopylin
                                  • Total Posts: 2334

@whalekeeper

Eddie and Ellie are the origami gurus in the echool (they make a ton of stuff I think)

it’s mostly Ellie who’s obsessed. Ed kinda enjoys it, but doesn’t have the patience for the more complicated stuff usually. And she often rips the paper.

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Viewing 15 posts - 6,046 through 6,060 (of 6,302 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >