Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Viewing 15 posts - 6,031 through 6,045 (of 6,302 total)
  • Author
    Koshka
    @koshka
      • Total Posts: 1558

@loopylin @keilah-h @ellette-giselle

Leo

“Any of you guys got any cool stories for us?”

Stories. So many stories. The principal’s gummy worm addiction. The Calculus instructor’s secret pet cobra. Silvia’s lab incident…his eyebrows pinched together.sure there were stories. There was also a job to try and not get fired from. Leo closed the break room door.

Their footsteps echoed down concrete walls. The whirr of a massive machine lurked somewhere close by. He blinked. Glanced back at the boys.

And nearly tripped.

The young man following Rory had wings. Leo’s eyes swiveled back to the hallway, staring blankly at the service elevator as his brain sputtered.

I’ll never get used to this place.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Koshka.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Koshka
      @koshka

@keilah-h

Leo is between 19-21, so young man. (He’s from a sci-fi WIP/different world where the year is slightly longer).

Ellette Giselle
        @ellette-giselle
          • Total Posts: 1093

@koshka @keilah-h @loopylin

Rory

Newspaper. If Leo hadn’t been so intriguing, and if Rory hadn’t been lost, he would’ve backtracked and cleared out as fast as he could. Newspapers were dangerous. All the newspapers were controlled by the government, and everyone knew that. The newspapers carried government propaganda, but no one could do anything about it. If someone from the newspaper company wanted to hear some thing you had to say, there were problems. Anything that he said would be twisted if he didn’t meet the agenda, and he would probably end up dead. Things are different here, he told himself this is the school. No one is going to kill me. I am not a soldier here. There is no war here. I’m safe. No I’m not. I’ll never be safe. No matter what anyone says or does, I’ll always be a soldier. Nothing can change that. My world will always be at war. Nothing will ever make that go away. Not after what they did to me. Things will never go back to being the same. Normal. Safe. At peace.

He glanced over at Leo. For some reason the young man had a sort of smirk on his face as if he found some thing ironic or bitterly funny. Rory raised an eyebrow. What he wouldn’t give…..

Hunter was talking, but Rory missed what he said. Leo looked back, and almost did a double-take. Rory felt himself tense, and he glanced the way Leo had. Nothing but Hunter. Slowly, a realization slid into place. Leo is it from here. This place is it normal for him. I think we’re more alike than I would like to admit. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. It all depended on what Leo believed was right and what he believed was wrong. Who’s side was he on?

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Koshka
          @koshka

@ellette-giselle

Who’s side was he on?

Leo: “The good side?”

…5 minutes later…

“Not the bad side?”

Ellette Giselle
            @ellette-giselle
              • Total Posts: 1093

@koshka

what? 😂

that doesn’t even make sense!! 😝

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Koshka
              @koshka

@ellette-giselle

It doesn’t? Hmm.

On second thought, no it really doesn’t. XD

But it does fit Leo in a kinda weird way.

Loopy
                @loopylin
                  • Total Posts: 2334

@koshka @keilah-h @ellette-giselle

Ed and Ells

“It’s the last class of the day. We have lots of openings, so we’d love to have your sister there,” Eddie responded.

(this rp has no set schedule so that might change just so you know)

Ellie looked at Rory as they walked. Soon she nudged him as stealthily as she could and whispered, “You’re staring. Like, a lot.”

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Loopy. Reason: Mixed up the characters :/

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

whaley
                  @whalekeeper
                    • Total Posts: 3144

@koshka @ellette-giselle @loopylin

Coming at ya

Marcel

“Hey.” Marcel swooped over the twins’ heads, landing toes pointed on the corner of a nearby table. He almost lost control of his own weight, and cartwheeled his arms, finally settling into a comfortable crouch. He grinned at Ellie. “I have newspaper material.”

Next to the twins, two young men goggled. Marcel cocked his head at them, amused, and fluttered his feathers. “My professor asked me to make art for you. I played around for a while and came up with this.”

He held up a piece of paper, about the size and composition of a newspaper. The margins – and several key sections in the middle – were covered in swift pen markings.

“So…” the Baztian boy began to flutter his fingers, making corner after corner. A shape began to emerge, and he held it up to the light. “I don’t know what it is. But my gut says… If the makers are perceptive enough, it will come out differently for each person. Something to do with the heart. Yeah.”

“Everything is a mountain”

Loopy
                    @loopylin

@whalekeeper

Is it a comic strip or just one picture?

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

whaley
                      @whalekeeper

@loopylin

I should think this through a little. There’s probably one picture with visual instructions, but it involves the entire newspaper, with marks on the edges of the actual paper as a guide.

whaley
                        @whalekeeper

And Marcel isn’t expecting people to make something so geometrical, if that’s the term I’m looking for? Other people can make simplistic flowers. This guy is very natural with patterns because of his multi-wing thing, so he’s liable to keep adding branching patterns like a snowflake until he runs out of paper. That’s how his mind works.

whaley
                          @whalekeeper

I think your twins, Loops, are more likely to make fun unique animals, and for my guy he just needs an outlet for patterns. 😛 Ack now I’m talking too much

whaley
                            @whalekeeper

@koshka I appreciate your years of KP prowess, and I hope you will grace us with your KaPeefer knowledge 😁

Loopy
                              @loopylin

@whalekeeper

sorry, I’m still confused. 😖 My brain struggles with abstract stuff. So it’s a geometric kinda branching design that is slightly magical, so it looks different for each person?

Koshka
                                @koshka

@ellette-giselle @loopylin @whalekeeper @keilah-h

XD

Leo

He felt his shoulder collide with the elevator door as he jerked backwards, away from the flying whatever it was.

He blinked.

It was a boy. With feathers. And pink hair. He stood on a table waving some sheet of paper like a forlorn banner. He began folding it with precise carelessness and beaming a star-bright smile.

Leo sucked in a breath and vaguely smiled back. The elevator bell rang as the door swept open behind him.

With a triumphant flourish, Feather Boy held up the intricately folded paper. “I don’t know what it is. But my gut says… If the makers are perceptive enough, it will come out differently for each person. Something to do with the heart. Yeah.”

Some sort of Origami inkblot test? Leo’s eyebrows twitched. He’s never liked psychologists. The elevator chimed shut behind him.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,031 through 6,045 (of 6,302 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >