Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Viewing 15 posts - 5,926 through 5,940 (of 6,302 total)
  • Author
    Loopy
    @loopylin
      • Total Posts: 2334

@anyone

My twins have nothing to do for a bit until they have to go to detention for the evening. Anyone wanna interact with them?

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Ellette Giselle
      @ellette-giselle
        • Total Posts: 1093

@keilah-h

Did I do it right, or did I not introduce him the way I was supposed to?

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 4732

@ellette-giselle that was perfect!!

Hunter

An older human boy. A little timid of the claws.

“Sorry.” Hunter brought his hand down, sensing the other boy’s apprehension. “I promise I’m not out to hurt you. What’s your name? I’m Hunter.”

He kept his wings folded and his claws at his sides, so as to look as unthreatening as he could.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Ellette Giselle
          @ellette-giselle

@keilah-h

Rory

The winged boy had lowered his hand. He had given a name. Hunter. Rory forced himself not to flinch at every movement Hunter made. He’s not an enemy. He’s not going to try and kill you. Still keeping an eye on the claws, Rory took a step forward. “No worries, I just have never seen a guy with wings or… or claws…” he trailed off, hoping he hadn’t offended Hunter. Pull it together. Quit being so exposed. You know how to handle situations like this!

Rory jerked himself into a stiff posture and snapped his heels together. “I’m Rory Alans. It’s nice to meet you, Hunter.” He glanced to right and left and then took another step forward, lowering his voice. “I… I’m not from around here…” He stopped short. Don’t do that, it’ll give him an upper hand.

Rory started out on a different tack. “Where do you come from, and how did you end up here?” And to follow up the questions, Rory pulled himself together and offered his hand for Hunter to shake.

Ellette Giselle
            @ellette-giselle

@keilah-h

Btw, I haven’t had so much fun in a LONG time! 😀

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@ellette-giselle that’s great! Glad you’re having fun!

Hunter

“No worries, I just have never seen a guy with wings or… or claws…” The boy looked embarrassed. “I’m Rory Alans. It’s nice to meet you, Hunter. I… I’m not from around here…” He stopped and considered his next words carefully. “Where do you come from, and how did you end up here?” He then held his hand out to shake.

Hunter chuckled as he took the handshake. “I’d be more surprised if you had met someone like me. I’ve never seen another dragon here besides my sister and brothers.”

He thought about the next part of the question, his tail lashing thoughtfully. “I, uh…We were enrolled in this school at our old guardian’s request. She was nice…at least, until the time she tried to give my sister away…..We’re in the care of my older brother now, but he’s in the military, and he let us stay here. We came from a country a long way away from here, but I don’t remember it.”

(considering this is an alternate universe to the characters’ original stories, you can have any backstory you want that makes sense to this story, even if it doesn’t to the one your character came from. According to others’ previous roleplays, they’re all in some country which appears to be at least as technologically advanced as the US. They have an active conflict going, i don’t know about a full out war or anything but the military of this nation is definitely doing something.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Ellette Giselle
                @ellette-giselle

@keilah-h

Rory

Hunter was friendly, even if he was part dragon. He also seemed just a little bit shy. Rory didn’t mind the feel of the claw against his hand so much.

Hunter was thinking about the next part of the question, his tail lashing thoughtfully. “I, uh…We were enrolled in this school at our old guardian’s request. She was nice…at least, until the time she tried to give my sister away…..We’re in the care of my older brother now, but he’s in the military, and he let us stay here. We came from a country a long way away from here, but I don’t remember it.”

The fact that Hunter’s sister had almost been given away didn’t really effect Rory. He’d grown up with that all his life. In fact, he had been given away too. “I’m from a military Base to the West,” he told Hunter. “I grew up in Academy and I hold rank where I come from. I’m a Lieutenant. I was transferred here for some extra schooling. Maybe they thought I showed promise.” He shrugged. “Anyhow, here I am.”

Rory glanced up and down the hall again, and then motioned to an empty chair beside Hunter. The dragon boy nodded, and Rory sat down. He lowered his voice. “From all the schools I’ve ever come from there’s always been a hierarchy among the students. There seem to be the privileged fellows who get away with anything, the targets, the guys just trying to study, and the rebels. I’ve seen a few vigilantly students as well. You know, the ones who protect the little guys out of school rules.” Rory looked Hunter over again. “Can you tell me who’s who? Who should I watch out for? Who do I need to stay away from? Who’ll be allies, who’ll get me in trouble. That sort of thing.”

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h

@ellette-giselle

Hunter

So Rory had military training! Interesting. Maybe Hunter could introduce him to Echo or Rex.

“From all the schools I’ve ever come from there’s always been a hierarchy among the students. There seem to be the privileged fellows who get away with anything, the targets, the guys just trying to study, and the rebels. I’ve seen a few vigilante students as well. You know, the ones who protect the little guys out of school rules.” Rory looked him over. “Can you tell me who’s who? Who should I watch out for? Who do I need to stay away from? Who’ll be allies, who’ll get me in trouble. That sort of thing.”

Hunter thought for a minute. “There is an active gang of bullies, but I don’t know most of them. The two I do know, I haven’t seen around in a few days, but you’ll know ’em instantly. They’ve got wings like me, but no tails, and their wings have feathers. They’re always after this little kid who has feathers like them but no wings, and a few other young students.”  [ @godlyfantasy12 ‘s characters, she’s not active right now] He thought about the other people he’d met. “There are two older boys who were mean to me and my sister, but they’re a lot nicer now. I remember their younger brother’s an artist. He’s nice. [ @freed_and_redeemed ‘s charries]. And of course, if you come across any other dragons, those are my siblings. You can just tell them you know me. Wrecker and Omega are nice. Tech and Crosshair are a little more reserved, but they’ll warm up to you.”

Koshka
                    @koshka
                      • Total Posts: 1558

Not sure what’s going on around here, since I last ventured through these halls. I’ll get around to reading through this some day. That said…

@loopylin
                      Don’t feel any pressure to respond. I just sort of remembered I had these guys in here.

Leo

Long streaks of rust ran down the concrete walls, a reminder that nobody came down here until it was absolutely necessary. And when the pipelines had to be checked, the newest lacky of course was the one sent.

Leo set the can of sealant down, flipped the borrowed welding mask in place, and switched on his blowtorch. Sure, a ceramic compound probably wasn’t the usual way to address a leaky copper pipe, but he’d learned that nearly anything could be fixed when treated like a downed airship.

That should do. He turned off the torch and stepped back to escape the cloud of fumes. The last of some twenty-thee pipes had been patched, and the burned off residue of Silvia’s latest concoction left the room in an eery fog.

Leo coughed into his sleeve. Too bad his suit was back at the ship. He picked up his tools and headed for the basement door.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Ellette Giselle
                      @ellette-giselle

@keilah-h

Rory

Hmm, this could be interesting. 

Rory looked over at Hunter. “So, the winged kids are nice… except then some of them are really mean. That isn’t confusing. Not only do you tell me I need to keep an eye out for winged students, but I have to be able to tell them apart?” He chuckled. “This place s certainly out of my league. So, who are these fellas with the artist brother? And also, not like I don’t like you, but would there be a way to meet any more of the students here? And what would you call yourself? I can see you aren’t with the bullies, but who are you with?”

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

@ellette-giselle

Hunter

“So, the winged kids are nice… except then some of them are really mean. That totally isn’t confusing. Not only do you tell me I need to keep an eye out for winged students, but I have to be able to tell them apart?” Rory asked. “This place is certainly out of my league. So, who are these fellas with the artist brother? And also, not like I don’t like you, but would there be a way to meet any more of the students here? And what would you call yourself? I can see you aren’t with the bullies, but who are you with?”

“Well, hopefully it’ll be fairly easy. The ones with feathery wings like birds are the mean ones, and the ones with scaly wings are my family and are friendly. Kinda opposite to what I’ve found humans usually think, I know.” Hunter explained. “I haven’t seen those brothers around much, but then again I’ve mostly been trying to keep up with my studies. I try my best to defend people if I see them getting bullied, but I’d rather not start fights myself.”

He looked around, trying to see who else was out for Rory to talk to. The room he was in was on the second floor and had a window to the first, so he could see the myriad of creatures–mostly humans, although there were a few others in the mix–getting things ready for the dance coming up.

Snake’s teeth! He’d forgotten about the dance. Although he was only twelve, and romantic relationships and dates and all that were the very last thing on his mind. He didn’t really mind going there to socialize and have fun, however, so maybe he’d just show up alone or something.

Either way, he needed to get back to the subject at hand. “It’s kinda easy to make friends here. Other than the few bullies, who mostly keep to themselves, if you go up to someone and try to talk to them, they’ll typically be nice.”

He hopped off his seat and stood up. “I can show you around if you want. Maybe you’ll meet some other people while we’re at it.”

Ellette Giselle
                          @ellette-giselle

@keilah-h

Rory

Rory tucked away the info about the winged kids for later. He glanced at Hunter. The kid was young, but Rory guessed he could become an ally if a fight broke out. Rory shook his head. Thee I go again! Will I ever be able to view the world through the eyes of a teen instead of a soldier in a war zone?

Hunter offered to show him around, so Rory jumped up. “Sure, let’s go.”

As the two started to walk, Rory pitched another question. “So I keep hearing about this huge dance? What’s going on with all that?”

(from here I have no idea how to meet people. I know there’s someone with twins headed to detention and there’s also a kid in the basement. Other than that, idk who is active on here and how to get involved with new characters. lol.😂 )

whaley
                            @whalekeeper
                              • Total Posts: 3144

@calyhuge

Hugo

The dorm door burst open as a boy barreled in. Behind him, girl bearing a shield surveyed the area.

Hugo quickly shoved the puppy into his sock drawer. He stood up and gave a sheepish grin. “Good, uh… afternoon! It’s getting late already, isn’t it?”

“This is Seb’s room, correct?” the girl asked.

“He’s not here.”

She jerked her head back towards the hall. The snoring Toon lay squished against the wall.

“Oh.” The older boy nodded in thanks, edging around the shattered door. “I would ask you why you didn’t knock, but honestly I’m not surprised anymore. Brian, right? And Katonia?”

Brian nodded, slinging the shield over his shoulder. “Your friend was a great help. We escaped a dangerous fight, you see. I’m not sure what he did, but it worked.”

Hugo likewise slung Seb over his shoulder and carried him to a bed. He hung the top hat on a stand, pulled the dresser drawer open, and headed back out the door with the two kids. “Don’t worry about him. He’s been dropped on his head before, and… well, I s’pose that caused a few things. Anyway, how has your semester been so far?”

@rae

Violet

Violet entered the study hall, past the library and into the computer room.

Large white box computers and clacking keys sat on either side of the open row. Although this technology was extremely outdated, Violet grinned sadly as she pulled up a seat. Her grand-uncle had taught her to type on one of these things.

After a half hour of study, Violet found herself staring over at the other students. Particularly the social ones.

The dance is… tomorrow. More chaos to avoid during study hours. Or she could just take a break, and go herself.

She pressed her pencil too hard in her notebook, cracking the tip.

Gage swiveled his head back and forth. “Speak – w-with – others.”

“I have a ton of work to do, and I don’t go to parties. That would be irresponsible of me.”

“V-Vi is an adolescent Homo sapiens, characterized b-by ir-responsibility and -”

“I hear you,” Violet sighed. “You’re right.”

She stood up and craned her neck, finding her target before rushing back through the hall. She pulled back the hair in her face before looking up at Alpha. “Alpha. You… you owe me. Will you go to the dance with me?”

At the look on his face, she added a postscript. “I realize men are supposed to ask women, but this is all a little time-sensitive.”

“Everything is a mountain”

whaley
                              @whalekeeper

@freed_and_redeemed

Yes, that’s so true. I go through phases of writing improvement, and this roleplay helped so much it’s crazy. I can say the same for many projects, but this one is so consistent and easy to return to. I love it because I and my sister traditionally read updates before bed. Thx for creating it ;]

whaley
                                @whalekeeper

@keilah-h @ellette-giselle

The ones with feathery wings like birds are the mean ones, and the ones with scaly wings are my family and are friendly. Kinda opposite to what I’ve found humans usually think, I know.

lol there’s only one good feather-winged kid, which means we need one bad scaly-winged kid.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,926 through 5,940 (of 6,302 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >