Fanart (or, as my phone tried to correct it to, “Canary”)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Fanart (or, as my phone tried to correct it to, “Canary”)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 3875

And here’s a Tron Crosshair. He has two discs like Rinzler, but my picture doesn’t extend to the hand holding the other one…. I’m not that great at drawing disc war poses, so the end result is that he sort of looks like he’s about to disc himself in the face! (He actually isn’t.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@keilah-h Oo I like these! You’ve got good proportions!

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h

@devastate-lasting Thanks! I thought you might like them. Tron Legacy is definitely one of my favorite movies, if not THE number one favorite……

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting

@keilah-h Same here, same here. I’ve rewatched it the most, too.

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

@devastate-lasting I’ve watched it three or four times. The last time I watched it, I remember saying, “Ohh, I so want to trade places with Sam Flynn right now……” I actually have multiple Tron fanfics, and I have a program character who’s supposed to be me in them.

Linyang Zhang
              @devastate-lasting

@keilah-h Oo, nice! Ah, I think one reason I like it so much is because of all the emotions that each character brings me, from Sam and his dad to Rinzler and Clu… It makes me want to cry, especially the ending part.

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h

@devastate-lasting I know, right? The producers have GOT to make another one!

….I have CRAZY fanfics on the series. I’m the person who writes the tales of Tron’s family life (by the way, he names his his oldest son Rinzler). I’m also the person who writes Clu a redemption arc, albeit a rather badly done one. And while we’re on the subject, I most recently started combining Tron with Star Wars–how in Flynn’s name did a program fall in love with a clone trooper?

Oh yeah, my character’s name is Jaye (don’t ask how I got the name). She’s an ISO with blue and white lights, and she has a brother named Argent, who likes wearing orange lights even though he hates Clu. (I actually do have a Tron-obsessed brother.) According to the story, we survived the war and the following purge and are currently helping some standard programs defend their city from evil.

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting

@keilah-h I know there’s actually a prequel called Tron from a long time ago… Not sure if you watched it? It’s been a long time, but I know that I prefer Tron: Legacy.

Yooo those fanfics sound epic! I would love to hear more!

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@devastate-lasting I saw the original Tron, and although I liked it I thought Tron Legacy was better too. (My mom was born in the same year the first Tron movie was made, can you believe that?) And okay, that sounds cool that you want to hear about them! I might go into detail on some of those stories if I can actually figure out their plots and stuff….

Linyang Zhang
                      @devastate-lasting

@keilah-h Nice, nice. Do you post your fanfictions anywhere?

Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin
                        @not-so-secret-secret-assassin
                          • Total Posts: 133

@keilah-h

This is a great drawing. I love how it’s a social commentary on the state of current society. People nowadays wear a flashy, flamboyant demeanor (which you depicted as the colorful clothing), but deep down inside, everyone is just dull and empty on the inside (and you used the gray face to represent that).

I spent a few hours pondering the meaning of the orange eyebrows, and then an epiphany hit me. It represents how we the society nowadays so harshly judges each other by raising their eyebrows at one another. Overall, I love the color symbolism. What is shown to society is colored, but what we hide from society is colored in gray (our faces aka our true selves).

The metaphors are impeccable.

Flawless and handsome (as ruled by my grandmother.)

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin That’s interesting that you thought of that. (His eyebrows are brown, not orange, by the way.) Honestly, that drawing (at least the one I think you’re referring to) is simply a combination of two antagonists from a movie and a show who were similar to each other. I decided to stick one’s head on the other’s body, so to speak, and came up with the drawing. He wasn’t meant for symbolism, but I can see what you mean. I’m glad something I created made you stop and think though. I find it interesting when that happens.

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

Oh yeah, and the reason his hair is gray but his eyebrows are brown is because of genetic mutations. (I did not make this up. He was an existing character.)

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h

Although he does look like he’s raising his eyebrow at you. That was not on purpose, but it fit with his personality so I kept it.

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

@devastate-lasting I don’t, sadly, I keep them on Microsoft Word or in my numerous notebooks. If there were a fanfiction forum on here I might!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 141 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >