Does anyone else like to write song spoofs?

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Music Does anyone else like to write song spoofs?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Artsy Dragon
    @artsy-dragon
      • Total Posts: 100

There is a lot of music out there that sounds awesome but has trashy lyrics.  I like to take songs that already exist and write my own lyrics for them.  It’s a fun challenge to make an oldies rock & roll song into a worship song, or a country song into a silly but relatable song about house cleaning.  I am not copywriting or claiming others works as my own, I am just giving secular or weird songs better lyrics so that we can appreciate the music without being bothered by ungodly words.  Am I the only one here who does that?

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟
      Philippians 4:8-9

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2013

@artsy-dragon

Oh! That’s a great idea! I’ve always kinda wanted to do that but never really got around to it. Do you have any lyrics you’d want to share on here?

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

@artsy-dragon I do not do this, HOWEVER!! I do have songs in character and book playlists that to some would seem weird but they fit because I’ve mentally “Changed” some of the lyrics to fit more with the story/characters!!

For instance We Don’t Talk About Bruno and How Bad Can I Be (the cover version by Annapantsu)

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

Folith-Feolin
          @folith-feolin
            • Total Posts: 310

@artsy-dragon

making song parodies is fun!

I’m currently working on parodying either Do You Want to Build a Snowman (from Frozen) or A Little Priest (from Sweeny Todd (I love that musical btw)) to work for a project on Dante’s Inferno.

on a side note, you might be interested in checking out some of the stuff from Wierd Al Yankovic he basically parodies a bunch of random songs and it’s usually pretty funny (the parodies are not Christian but as far as I know they are clean)

Artsy Dragon
            @artsy-dragon

I do have some lyrics I would like to post here but I haven’t figured out if I can share the document or if I have to copy paste it.

@folith-feolin
              Thanks for the suggestion.  Tim Hawkins is a hilarious christian comedian who writes a lot of song parodies.  You should check him out too.

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Artsy Dragon
              @artsy-dragon

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Song by Meeghan (Sung to the tune of Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie)

It was a wibbly wobbly, timey wimey, Timelord in the Tardis, Blimey! Can’t believe all that I’ve seen today!

Weeping angels get me while I’m sleeping, Daleks are exterminating, Cybermen have made me lose my head.  But then the Doctor came and saved us, before the world came to an end!

2 3 4 5 How many times does Rory die?  5 6 7 8 How ‘bout we regenerate.

It was a wibbly wobbly, timey wimey, Timelord in the Tardis, Blimey! You won’t believe all that I saw today!

The whole universe ended twice, was nearly killed by robot mice, my sonic screwdriver blew some stuff up.  But everything turned out alright, though I couldn’t sleep last night.

2 3 4 5 How many times does Rory die? 5 6 7 8 How ‘bout we regenerate.

Like Amy Pond the girl who waited I am sure that you are waiting for this silly song to just come to an end.  So for you I will be Silence, and let the space-time fabric bend!

This is my Doctor Who song parody

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12
                  • Total Posts: 6645

I guess I do do song parodies to an extent but I don’t write them down, they’re just in my mind for my characters for songs that fit them but only if certain lyrics are changed and such. Or if it was maybe a male singer instead of a female singer or something (like I wanna make animatics if my drawing skills were better 😂) things like that.

I have wanted to share them before but was like “Yeaaa idk if anyone would be interested in that and it would probably just be plain weird….”

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

LoopyLin
                  @loopylin
                    • Total Posts: 2013

@artsy-dragon

Haha, that’s awesome! I love it so much, especially the “how many times did Rory die?”  I think I can probably guess which is your favorite Doctor is now. XD

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Artsy Dragon
                    @artsy-dragon

Ya, I totally get it.  Most of my song spoofs are in my head or I just make them up on the spot for fun, this is the only one I’ve actually written down.  They are really fun though.  I made a spoof of For the First Time in Forever about technical difficulties XD

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Artsy Dragon
                      @artsy-dragon

Thank you! That’s my favorite part too lol.  Seriously, my sister and I counted and Rory dies more than 7 times.  Its really funny how Rory actually has a track record of refusing to stay dead, and all the Doctor Who villians have heard about it.   I like Matt Smith and David Tennant but I’ve seen more of the Matt Smith Doctor so I remember his seasons better.

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Ava Blue
                        @ava-blue
                          • Total Posts: 215

YESSS I’ve been writing song parodies for years XD I typically just make them off the top of my head so I sadly don’t have any written down, but I also make my own funny/weird songs, many of which Loopylin has had the misfortune to witness my brothers and I perform. I could share some here if you ever wanna read the lyrics loll

that a northern wind
                          would cool my skin
                          and fill my lungs again

Ava Blue
                          @ava-blue
                            • Total Posts: 215

Also @artsy-dragon I don’t watch Doctor Who but your song cracked me up, I love the line about Rory HAHA

that a northern wind
                            would cool my skin
                            and fill my lungs again

Artsy Dragon
                            @artsy-dragon

I would love to see some of your silly songs! Laughter is essential to life.  The fun thing about song parodies is that most of the time they are funny and relatable.

Everyone loves the bit about Rory XD

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                              @kyronthearcanin
                                • Total Posts: 697

@artsy-dragon

Oh gosh I randomly rewrite songs all the time lol. I rewrote 7 Years, if anyone knows that song, and made it just about stories haha. Mainly I just write songs to go in my books. My character Sorren kind of surprises everyone with an awesome singing voice they never knew about, so… I wrote a song for him to sing, and now I want to make a song about him… Cuz why not lol? I would write something for one of my favorite characters, Dune, but he sounds like a dying cat when he sings. (It would be funny if you knew who he was. I’ll just let you wonder mwahaha)

Anyway, your song was hilarious and I loved it! I’ve never seen Doctor Who, but my best friend likes to rant about it, so I get the gist.

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Folith-Feolin
                                @folith-feolin
                                  • Total Posts: 310

@kyronthearcanin
                                  Hey I also write songs for my charries too!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >