Cover Design!!! šŸ“ššŸ‘©šŸ»ā€šŸŽØ

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Other Art Forms ā€ŗ Art ā€ŗ Cover Design!!! šŸ“ššŸ‘©šŸ»ā€šŸŽØ

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3205

@theducktator

Ok, awesome!

Umā€¦ Iā€™m not sure how to explain an aesthetic, lol. I guess itā€™s just the vibe your story gives off or even colors. I know Iā€™ve made moodboards or aesthetics for my characters, which I fill with quotes and pictures that represent them. If you look up a certain color aesthetic (ex. pink aesthetic) you might get what I mean. Idk, I donā€™t think that made any sense. XD I wish I could explain it better. Maybe if you look at the othersā€™ responses to that part it might make more sense.

@grcr

Ok! Donā€™t worry about the blurb being anything fancy. If itā€™s just a summary, then thatā€™ll be fine too. (:

Write what should not be forgotten. ā€” Isabel Allende

freedom
      @freed_and_redeemed
        • Total Posts: 333

@esther-c I would love it (if youā€™re willing!) if you could make another mock-up for me!!

You are soooo good at thisšŸ„°

Title:Ā Broken Shackles

Author:Ā Freedom

Blurb:Ā I donā€™t have an official oneā€¦šŸ˜­

ok, okā€¦lemme type up a small thing real quick XD

1945. The second World War has ended, and two men are dealing with the aftermath.

Leon Wagner, a Jewish man and father and a survivor of the Holocaust, is trying to get back to a sort of normalcy. Greiving the loss of his beloved wife and furious at the God he feels left him, heā€™s drowningā€¦and alcohol and hatred threaten to consume his heart.

Riker Schind, a former SS Lieutenant, is in hiding, attempting to stay alive and healthy for his wife and kids miles away in the US. He can barely live with himself, and the shame and guilt he bears are too much for one man to carry alone.

Theme:Ā Forgiveness and Redemption

Setting:Ā Post-WW2 Germany

Aesthetic:Ā Alcohol, chains, surrender, crying/tears, fists/fighting??

Colors:Ā Tan, gray, maybeĀ a bit of yellow/orange??, white, brown, maybe green

Important objects in story:Ā mmm idk. I canā€™t think of anything other than the things I put in ā€œaestheticā€ XD

Other:Ā Nothing else!!

Ā 

Tysm for doing this, Esther!! šŸ’•šŸ’•

'Thought I'd wait'
        'For what?'
        'For the right partner'

Trailblazer
        @trailblazer
          • Total Posts: 595

@esther-c

Ahh youā€™re making me want to go experiment with making book covers! XD

The problem for me is that I donā€™t usually title any of my stories unless theyā€™re done (which is rare) but give me some time to create a title for one my WIPā€™s and I might send the details your way for a mock cover!

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Trailblazer
          @trailblazer
            • Total Posts: 595

Ok, Iā€™m gonna try this!

Title: As Iron Sharpens Iron (Iā€™m not satisfied with the title but thatā€™s the best I can come up with right now)

Author: JanessaĀ 

Blurb:Ā 

Itā€™s 1883, and Libbie Hopkins and her family are leaving the home sheā€™s always known for the lesser-settled region of the Midwest. Libbie is excited for the adventure, but life on the prairie of Nebraska proves challenging. While facing the difficulties of frontier life, Libbie finds solace in her friends and neighbors, Albert and Etta Culliver. She doesnā€™t realize just how valuable those friendships are until conflict tears them apart. Will Libbie learn to move past her wounds and restore the deep friendships she once had?

Theme: Friendship/forgiveness

Setting: 1800s Nebraska

Aesthetic: Friendship, prairie grassā€¦ honestly probably anything related to Laura Ingalls Wilder XD

Colors: Tan/brown/dusty green/maybe lavender?

Important objects in story: Hmmā€¦ thereā€™s not really any significant objects that I can think of.Ā 

Other: I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything else.Ā 

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

-GRCR-
            @grcr
              • Total Posts: 947

Well it deleted my messageā€¦ UGH. šŸ˜“šŸ˜‘ Iā€™ll retype it later.

ā€œWhat be a cretin?ā€
              ā€œOf course you wouldnā€™t know. Itā€™s aā€¦ bread you put in salad.ā€

-GRCR-
              @grcr
                • Total Posts: 947

Ā 

Alas! Here it is again. Not the exact message (cuz I forgot to copy it before I edited it and then forgot everything), but something similarā€¦ šŸ˜’

______

Title: The Purple Eyed

Author: Gia Cedar (my pen-name, btw)

Blurb:Ā 

Warriors are born in unexpected and ordinary places. They come to know what it is that they believe, and they live boldly for it, seeking to improve the lives of mankind while defending their country. The desire to be a warrior burns in the hearts of twelve youthful individuals in the region of Burneā€”children with different pasts, different social classes, but the same motivation. They form a bond that only lifeā€™s struggles and victory over them can bring.

The Purple Eyed is the story of Burneā€™s most beloved warrior team.

Theme: Overcoming struggles/problems

Setting: around 2016. located in the three neighborhoods of a large, modern city

Aesthetic: Sadness, friendship, warriors/swords/military, truths and secrets, books and poetryā€¦

Colors: Black, purple, nearly any shade of gray, and whiteā€¦

Important objects in story: Money, shattered glass, alcohol bottles, weapons (mainly swords)ā€¦

Other:Ā I donā€™t really have anything else to say, but Iā€™ll be glad to add anything if needed!

ā€œWhat be a cretin?ā€
                ā€œOf course you wouldnā€™t know. Itā€™s aā€¦ bread you put in salad.ā€

Esther
                @esther-c

@freed_and_redeemed @trailblazer @grcr

Yay!! Iā€™m so excited to get started on these!! Iā€™ll have them all done sometime this weekend or on Monday.

The Ducktator
                  @theducktator
                    • Total Posts: 213

@esther-c

Ok. I think I understand what it is now.

Coconuts are mammals because they have fur and produce milk.

Esther
                    @esther-c

@theducktator

Ok, awesome. :))

Esther
                      @esther-c

@freed_and_redeemed

Alright! I have two for yours, because I couldnā€™t pick which design was my favorite. šŸ˜› If thereā€™s something you want me to change, just let me know!

https://www.canva.com/design/DAF_hKwtl8E/Ccj-aOdVi4ytAW8c2vrvRw/edit?utm_content=DAF_hKwtl8E&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          freedom
                          @freed_and_redeemed
                            • Total Posts: 333

@esther-c Ahhh, tysm for doing these!!! I really like the first onešŸ„°

'Thought I'd wait'
                            'For what?'
                            'For the right partner'

Esther
                            @esther-c

@freed_and_redeemed

Of course!! Glad you like them! <33

Esther
                              @esther-c

@trailblazer

Ok! I only have one for yours, but if thereā€™s something you donā€™t like about it or want me to change, just let me know and Iā€™ll be on it. (:

https://www.canva.com/design/DAF_myNneCI/n6G5owoVningeAQPBi7lpA/edit?utm_content=DAF_myNneCI&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton

Esther
                                @esther-c

@grcr

I really like how yours turned out. XD But if you want it to look different, just lemme know!

https://www.canva.com/design/DAF_yRQKFYQ/QIbMdp2R3acywjdHMqSjrg/edit?utm_content=DAF_yRQKFYQ&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >