Character names, personalities etc !

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Character names, personalities etc !

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3205

@whalekeeper

Of course!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 692

OK. Here are mine (y’all have probably heard about these MC’s a lot but you don’t necessarily know their personalities):

Alec: 

Meaning: It’s actually a form of Alexander so it means Powerful or King/leader

Age: 17 (it was 15 but I’m making him older so things make a lot more sense)

His personality: His name actually shows his personality well (I did that on purpose). He takes initiative and leads a group of rebels. His parents got divorced so he’s got a lot of baggage. His dad’s a spy for the FBI and his mom doesn’t really care about him so his dad was his role model. His dad and Kyle’s met while in prison and became best friends. Kyle didn’t know this but Alec did (he just didn’t know that it was Kyle’s dad). Alec is very extroverted but he does enjoy time by himself too. He grew up as an only child so he got lots of attention from his parents (which wasn’t great when it came to his mom). He never really quarreled with anyone even though he doesn’t have siblings. He’s pretty laid-back and agreeable. He’s pretty adventurous but is also pretty sensible.

1 word description: Either sarcastic or people-pleaser

Kyle: 

Meaning: narrow or straight (this actually works really well with his personality because he’s usually a good kid)

Personality: like I said, he tries to do the right thing and is a pretty good kid. He’s very introverted and tends to keep to himself. However, this makes him pretty lonely. He grew up in a close family except for his dad, who ran off when Kyle was a toddler. He has autism and with it, he has an amazing memory. Every little thing that ever happened to him he remembers which makes him a target for the villain in the story. He’s also always up for an adventure which made him impossible at home.

1 word description: Hmmmm, probably, kind

Jessica:

Meaning: wealthy (it has nothing to do with her character so just ignore that 🤭 [I really liked the name and never looked it up lol])

Personality: Lonely, her family situation is rough and she’s never been a popular girl in fact it’s very much the opposite. Her mom basically hates her along with 7 out of 9 of her siblings. Her oldest brother and sister have always been there for her while her twin brother and younger siblings constantly pick a fight with her. Her parents tend to side with her younger siblings rather than her and even though her dad isn’t mean, he’s kind of a weak person and doesn’t fight back against his wife so Jessica’s life is pretty miserable at home. She’s an ambivert but most of the time she’s introverted. She’s very adventurous and her dad works with the FBI too so she got recruited by him to help them out with a lot of their cases.

1 word description: This one is hard but I’ll say quiet.

Allison
        @acancello
          • Total Posts: 838

@sarafini

Those are great characters! I love the story each one has and I like how you find the meaning for there names, I should see what some of mine mean… 🙂

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 692

@acancello

Aw, thanks! I wasn’t sure if I had too many dysfunctional families. I haven’t personally experienced this stuff but I used to try to imagine being in myself in these situations when I was little. 😉🙃

Felicity
            @felicity
              • Total Posts: 811

@acancello Great topic.

Some of my favorite character names are:

Autumn Rose: age 23 (deceased)

Meaning: Fragrant flower of the woods.

Autumn was a victim of the plague, (insert technical name for an incurable disease), and died a week after the main character’s Uncle asked for her hand in marriage. Autumn wrote him a letter before she died which he keeps in his pocket all the time. She is the reason why the MC’s uncle is always so grave and sad.

Faustina Goldsmith: age 19

Meaning: fortunate fashioner of gold

Faustina is known in the Drachensted household for her wit and humor. She is a hired maid; she helps with the children, in the kitchen and gardens, and especially enjoys answering the door. Throughout the story she falls in love with Lukas, a squire, and they eventually get married and live together on a farm nearby.

Lanceford Jonathan Rennesvaire: age 15-21 (throughout the story)

Meaning: Gift of a lance

He goes by Jonathan normally, and although he is the son of a prince he never exalts his position above others. He is the main character’s friend and goes with her and her brother on many adventures during the book. Jonathan is a loyal, thoughtful friend who enjoys traveling, drawing maps, making jokes and doing anything daring.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 8156

@acancello. AMAZING topic!!! First off, I luckily haven’t had too much struggle with finding names. I often either look up meanings or look up names from Countries.

(But I’m a Historical-Fiction author, so…y’know, that may only apply to people like me who write books set in the real world. 😅😂)

Sooo…I do  may have wayyyy too many characters to talk about, but I’ll do my fav for now! 😉😁💜

Sooooo…we have:

Riker, AKA “Ma Baby”!!! 😂 28 years old, with dark brown wavy hair, dark blue eyes, and lightly tanned skin, Riker is a quiet man, but loving towards his wife and children and has a natural protectiveness over the people he loves. However, he struggles with guilt, low self-esteem and has a hard time looking in the mirror and seeing something other than a mistake, due to his own misbeliefs about himself and the results of living in an abusive home with a father that verbally, mentally, emotionally, and physically abused him.

Allison
                @acancello
                  • Total Posts: 838

Good morning/afternoon everyone! I just looked up Shauna and Jeans names and found out they both mean the same thing, “God is gracious”! I didn’t even know that 😀  Also I just read everyone’s newer posts on there characters and I love them! They are really life like and you can just picture them in your head!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                >