Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW)

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Total Posts: 3147

@keilah-h

Oh that’s so fun! Thanks for sharing😍😂 Yes, you can share music!! And the quote is all yours XD

“Everything is a mountain”

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 4743

@whalekeeper thanks! Got some questions on the story for you coming up next lol

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h

some story questions for ya:

Were the people back in their worlds notified about the selection? Like, taking my charrie as an example, will Crosshair’s peers (the Empire, the Bad Batch, whoever he’s working with right now) be like “hey, what happened to him? He should be here by now” or did someone come to them and say “Your friend has been selected for a game of survival. If he lives, we will return him to you.”

When (not if) he dies, will he just kinda disappear from this variation of his world forever? Will he wake up back in his world like “huh? What the heck just happened?” Do they take the beaten ones off the battlefield and, like, do something to them?

Why are they fighting? Is it just for fun (y’know, like for the entertainment of this weird organization)? Is it like the actual Hunger Games where the world that wins will get some kind of benefit? Will this organization try to take over/destroy all the other worlds that lose? (In that case, I’d love to see a part of the story where a couple of the characters like fake their deaths and try to take down the thing from the inside or escape home or something. You could make the more absurd deaths–the ones where it’s not likely that character would die to that–be faked or something, so the characters that live are still randomized. I know that’s really not what you were going for, but it would still be fun to read)

I mean, I’ve never read the original book series so I know nothing besides the fact that in the books, the country is in a state of disarray and each district sends their tributes to fight over resources such as food, and the main character somehow escapes the games with a couple others and joins like a rebellion or something.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

freedom
          @freed_and_redeemed
            • Total Posts: 658

@whalekeeper AHHHHH I LOVE IT SO MUCHHHHHHH

and they were both on pointđŸ€ŒđŸ» especially Fin😂 he was undeniably in character

It’s also funny bc I was going to log on and ask if you were still working on this yesterday but decided against it XXXXD

What is strength?
            Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

@freed_and_redeemed same lol

@whalekeeper
              speaking of which, when do you think you’ll have the next part done?

and who’s gonna draw first blood haha

Loopy
              @loopylin
                • Total Posts: 2334

@whalekeeper Sometimes I feel like you write my characters better than I do XD I love it. I honestly forgot that Joe gets really uncomfortable in his human form until now.

I am a little worried I took some of the POVs too far in my imagination, and if I did, I’m sorry. Some of them I interpreted humorously without thinking much about their actual story 😅

Dude don’t apologize. It’s really awesome that you’re writing this in the first place. It’s supposed to be fun, not perfect.

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Loopy
                @loopylin
                  • Total Posts: 2334

Joe hesitated a long while. But just as the light began to shrink, he shook his head in begrudging surrender. “Kids.”

this is just the most in-character thing

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings
                    • Total Posts: 2974

@whalekeeper

I’m super late to the party here…

Any way I can still participate lol? Or are you guys like already set and started?

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

MineralizedWritings
                    @mineralizedwritings
                      • Total Posts: 2974

No pressure, You’re already being super nice for doing something this cool for the community

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Esther
                      @esther-c
                        • Total Posts: 3431

Almost completely forgot about this, lol.

Kinda makes me want to try something like this

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

@whalekeeper

I am a little worried I took some of the POVs too far in my imagination, and if I did, I’m sorry. Some of them I interpreted humorously without thinking much about their actual story 😅

that’s actually fine with me. I trust you with Crosshair, and Mundy’s homeworld is notorious for its completely wacky lore so I honestly think you could do anything with him, as long as you have a basic grasp of his personality (judging from what I’ve seen, you do, so…..).

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

oh and here’s all my tracks! just copy them into your browser and delete the space or something because KP really hates too many proper links.

Battle tracks:

h ttps://youtu.be/OD2PAOCdJ08?si=1I5ojZmqEmffKK8M –Atomic Express

h ttps://youtu.be/wVkNurOWJUQ?si=OxgqmLT695AzcRqV –Theme of Solid Snake

h ttps://youtu.be/hOXrgDDLpYw?si=l111tUIZ68xf8xhM –The Part Where He Kills You

h ttps://youtu.be/WAeiqxNH3W0?si=DW4oC78XxO_TnE9m –Reconstructing More Science

Symbolism tracks (those that I heard and were like oh, this could have a story part to it):

h ttps://youtu.be/nrnmgMdvI6U?si=yGCcMfbzHmh1gyad –Machiavellian Bach (This one, I feel, is the deadly efficiency and sterility of this mysterious organization that’s making them fight)

h ttps://youtu.be/k83FNpMWIfU?si=VBBM2fxq_JqzkHu6 –A Distant Signal (This one symbolizes the unfamiliarity of the fight and the President’s games in the characters’ eyes)

h ttps://youtu.be/HWWdqDaONVo?si=Y7A4JaO9RsjnSXco –Screamer, version 2 (The realization that one, and  only one, can get out of this alive)

h ttps://youtu.be/PKy_vndz3CQ?si=mF0eIZYR-N20ZfDj –Old Reckonator (From the characters’ view, those who run the games are impossible to go against and are like an imposing, unbreakable wall. Those like Crosshair or Alpha, who no doubt will at least try to resist, might come to this view the hard way.)

h ttps://youtu.be/BIgjXU7AtGI?si=4UoW64qqDHpIJ6y1 –Nullxiety Acceptance (The theme of the single winner, a probably hollow victory considering what they’re gonna have to do to get there)

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

Y’all are allowed to add tracks of your own! I’ll give them a listen. They can be battle tracks (fast-paced songs that don’t need explaining and are equivalent to background music like in video games) or symbolism tracks (a song that reminds you of a specific idea or scene, write after the song what made you think of it)

also I’m aware they’re all video game songs, that was the playlist I was listening to when I came up with the idea so….. You can have movie songs, classical songs, whatever.

whaley
                              @whalekeeper

@keilah-h

Were the people back in their worlds notified about the selection? Like, taking my charrie as an example, will Crosshair’s peers (the Empire, the Bad Batch, whoever he’s working with right now) be like “hey, what happened to him? He should be here by now” or did someone come to them and say “Your friend has been selected for a game of survival. If he lives, we will return him to you.”

Their worlds have been paused :] These tributes are like, in a time pocket

When (not if) he dies, will he just kinda disappear from this variation of his world forever? Will he wake up back in his world like “huh? What the heck just happened?” Do they take the beaten ones off the battlefield and, like, do something to them?

This gets kind of covered in the next section, but they do evaporate from existence, including in their world. No dead bodies. However, they can be brought back if, say, a friend won the Game and asked to resurrect them.

Why are they fighting? Is it just for fun (y’know, like for the entertainment of this weird organization)? Is it like the actual Hunger Games where the world that wins will get some kind of benefit? Will this organization try to take over/destroy all the other worlds that lose?

Also covered in the next section.

(In that case, I’d love to see a part of the story where a couple of the characters like fake their deaths and try to take down the thing from the inside or escape home or something. You could make the more absurd deaths–the ones where it’s not likely that character would die to that–be faked or something, so the characters that live are still randomized. I know that’s really not what you were going for, but it would still be fun to read)

I like that idea… hmmmm but it would be rather impossible because of something else established in the next section XD Can you tell I’ve written the next section already? There is however a sense of “we could just coexist and not attack each other” and a lot of the characters follow that… for a while.

*Contemplates spoilers*

Okay, there is one character who kind of does that? In a sense? But they actually died.

That probably makes sense to no one but myself XD

I mean, I’ve never read the original book series so I know nothing besides the fact that in the books, the country is in a state of disarray and each district sends their tributes to fight over resources such as food, and the main character somehow escapes the games with a couple others and joins like a rebellion or something.

I’ve only watched the movies. This is loosely based on Hunger Games, but it’s my own version of the battle royale trope. It isn’t supposed to take place in the Hunger Games universe or anything.

speaking of which, when do you think you’ll have the next part done?

I want to get a couple more sections done, but I’ve got one already, so yeah. Soon. 😛

and who’s gonna draw first blood haha

😀

Thanks for the music ideas by the way, I would never have thought to do that! You’re a great music/lore collector, lol.

whaley
                                @whalekeeper

@freed_and_redeemed

Yaayyyy I’m glad I got them right!!

It’s also funny bc I was going to log on and ask if you were still working on this yesterday but decided against it XXXXD

Mood tho :’) I have the plot allll laid out, it’s just a matter of writing it in between senior projects and my creative stuff.

@loopylin

Dude don’t apologize. It’s really awesome that you’re writing this in the first place. It’s supposed to be fun, not perfect.

You always know what to say, lol. Also, you write perfectly well for your characters. Your style is so chill; it reminds me of the Hilda show, or a lot of the books I read when I was younger.

this is just the most in-character thing

Awesome sauce. The randomizer is on my side, then. Hehe.

@mineralizedwritings

I’m super late to the party here
 Any way I can still participate lol? Or are you guys like already set and started?

Hm… oh, you have a mailman character, right? I’m sorry I can’t add any more tributes, but the tributes actually get mail/deliveries throughout the game. I was just going to deliver the stuff by drone, but if I just plopped your guy in the middle of the fight, that would be pretty funny. I promise I won’t hurt him ;]

@esther-c

Almost completely forgot about this, lol. 
Kinda makes me want to try something like this

If you feel ready for it… heh, heh. *Frantically goes back to writing* It’s fun and I enjoy it, but only try it if you have enough time. XD

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by whaley.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 264 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >