Character Chat!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Character Chat!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1379

@writerlexi1216 @gracie-j @abigail-m

Thank you guys! I’m really trying to work on the character development. And yeah, it’s interesting ’cause the Bible tells us practically nothing about Paul’s family.

Abigail.M.
      @abigail-m
        • Total Posts: 1242

@writerlexi1216

No problem at all, I’m going to re-post some about my characters too:) (Honestly, I probably will re-read it though XD )

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

OOOOH YAYAYAY!!

@gracie-j
          I AM SO GLAD YOU ASKED THIS QUESTION!!

While all of my Charries are, as of the first books, younger then I, the youngest is Paxton who is 12-13

UGH MY SWEET PAXTON!

He isn’t introduced until book 3. You see, Pax is a Fairy. (The groups are split into Fairy, Pixie and Mer).

As a baby, his mother was a wicked one and the clan was enticed by the Destroyer to let him change the child so that a prophecy of his own making could be fulfilled. This prophecy involved th fairies finally winning over both the Pixies and the Mer in a Great War. So, they agree, and his mother gives him up for a while.

The Destroyer horribly deforms his wings, making them burned into his back and then returns the babe. It is then spoken that Paxton will be a sacrifice in years to come, and no one cares (bruh….)

They lie to him by saying he was born with the deformity and so they call him a Flit, which is what they call misfits.

Paxton is horribly mentally and verbally abused by everyone, including his mother and siblings, and has been raised as nothing more then a sacrificial lamb to be slaughtered one day. They don’t allow him any way out nor let him look for answers.

This has made the poor child insanely fearful, shy, insecure, and overall a mess. He hardly talks except to his family, and when he does they treat him horribly (I have an idea for one scene where he asks if there’s another way for him not to be sacrifices, and his siblings laugh at him and his mother pretty much says “No, it’s the only thing you can accomplish in life.”) Yikes.

(also his sacrifice isn’t where they kill him cuz I’m like “eh let’s not go there” it’s more if he either has to go to these monsters and offer himself up or something.)

So Pax is very susceptible to Corvina (who is the antagonist, but she feels deeply connected to this child due to having a similar life situation, and so doesn’t want him to die. So she made a deal with the Destroyer that, if Paxton joins them, he’ll be spared) obviously neither solution is a good one.

But he is blessed when Arabella and her friends save him. Whew.

Overall, Pax is so so sweet. He’s been through so much and while he isn’t technically sheltered, he still has that innocent part of him that appeals to Corvina and Ara and her group. He’s an adorable thing, but is just unloved, and honestly, NONE of those fairies deserve him. He is way too good for them.

After his rescue, he begins to start the healing process and becoming for confident, and finally able to live life like a child/teenager which was something he couldn’t do before. And he actually helps Grimm realize that there is hope for those with rough pasts

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@writerlexi1216

Your post didn’t go through but I got it in my email. Caira and Deek sound like such a unique pair of twins! It must be so interesting to write about siblings who are so different – especially since they’re twins. I feel like too many stories have the stereotypical twins who are so much alike and finish each other’s sentences or whatever 😂 I love the dynamic between your twins!

Alexa Autorski
            @writerlexi1216
              • Total Posts: 1011

Sorry to anyone who’s gotten this post duplicated… but I wanted to introduce y’all to my beloved charrie trio: Caira, Deek, and Newton, whom most of you have no doubt heard me mention a time or two XD I will talk about my other charries later, but for now, I want to talk about my favorites:

Caira is my heroine. She’s a calm, well-mannered fifteen year old girl who is mostly quiet and timid (though, she can be brave when she needs to be). She wants nothing more than to remember who she once was, and to remember her old family after she lost her memories. Caira likes studying history, writing poetry, riding horses (after Newton teaches her how), and she’s the brains of the group (though she can be quite bossy at times). She’s very intellectual, often mumbling things about ‘facts’ and ‘logic’, and is very fond of books. However, Caira has many downfalls: she has to cope with the loss of her family, and because of her trauma, she often suffers nightmares and anxiety, which sparks feelings of loneliness inside her. Because of her grief, she has a tendency to push people away, fearful of losing more loved ones, and she also suffers social anxiety. Caira shares a deep, emotional bond with her twin brother, Deek, whom she depends upon for support and opens up to, though she’s immensely protective of him because he’s the only family she has left. Another one of Caira’s flaws is hiding her true self and instead being who the world tells her she’s meant to be—she puts her whole identity into being the Prodigy (her title) that she’s blind to seeing who she truly is on the inside. However, even though she has many fears, Caira is more brave than she thinks, and is mentally the strongest character I’ve ever written.

Deek is her twin brother, who is very much unlike Caira in many ways. Deek is very bold, a little brash, and enjoys taking pride in himself. And, being the troublemaker he is, he has a habit of stirring up trouble. He’s independent, a realist, and because of his fiery temperament, he has fire powers. He can be hasty to make decisions, and he wields a sword (which he stole) that he keeps with him at all times. Deek does, however, have his downfalls, with his arrogance being one of them. However, while he may seem overly confident, he only uses his narcissism and sarcasm to suffocate his true feelings and hide the fact that he’s afraid of the unknown, and that he doesn’t feel strong at all. He pushes himself to stay brave for Caira, feeling the need to protect her constantly, and therefore never lets himself show ‘weaknesses’. Over time, Deek only becomes more conflicted with himself, and he buries all those feelings of being ‘weak’ so that he can be brave for his sister, keeping her safe while he’s at war with himself on the inside. Later, when Caira is captured by the villain, Deek is informed that Caira is dead (a lie, of course), and all those suffocated feelings eventually come out in a very destructive way. Deek can be stubborn, but no matter what, he never gives up. Over the course of the books, Deek’s lessons are learning how to not hide his feelings, open up his heart, and trust others.

Newton is the third main character, as well as Caira’s love interest/my absolute favorite character I’ve ever made. For all his life, Newton has felt like a disappointment to both himself and his family. Mostly, his low self-esteem is due to the fact he was born with a severe speech defect (his stutter), and felt like his parents were ashamed of him. He was often mocked for his stuttering, which only stirred up more resentment and embarrassment in him. When he was 8 years old, he ran away from home, ashamed and wanting to feel like he belonged somewhere in life. After he was taken into the military as a child soldier, he still continued to try to ‘prove himself’, pushing himself to become the greatest sword fighter he could, but to no avail, and he was still left feeling empty. After seven years of trauma as a soldier, Newton narrowly escaped the military to start his life over again, and with nothing to his name, he became a scavenger and thief, hiding from the military. He was full of unforgiveness and wanting revenge, thinking that will bring him contentment. He still sought to prove he wasn’t a failure, even though he was homeless and took to thieving. Learning forgiveness and self-worth are two of Newton’s biggest lessons, and he has the most drastic character/redemption arc in the story.

Sorry for that looooong post, but this is what I meant when I said ‘feel free to have long posts’ 🙂 Feel free to ask any questions, if you’d like! All are welcome. ( @gracie-j , thank you for giving me permission to gush about my characters XD)

Linyang Zhang
              @devastate-lasting
                • Total Posts: 1700

@joy-caroline Wow, that’s a lot! That’s really well developed!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                Would you mind letting me know
                If hours don't turn into days

Alexa Autorski
                @writerlexi1216

@joy-caroline

Oh, thank you, Joy!!! I agree–that’s why I especially adore Caira and Deek’s relationship, because they’re so different (which often causes conflict), though they’re forced to depend on one another because they’re the only family the other one has. Yes, I know! I purposefully didn’t go with the stereotype and decided to make it different. I really appreciate it!! 🙂

Anonymous

@devastate-lasting

Thanks, Lin! 😀

@godlyfantasy12

I love Paxton already and feel so sorry for him! 😭 He seems like such a sweet character. What an evil family! *raging* Please protect him for me!!!

Anonymous

@writerlexi1216

Totally! I love the conflict that kind of relationship creates.

Linyang Zhang
                      @devastate-lasting

@joy-caroline Of course! You go, girl!

@writerlexi1216
                        Wow, everything sounds awesome! What do your characters look like?

(Also now tempted to gush about mine)

Abigail.M.
                        @abigail-m

@godlyfantasy12

Exactly what Joy said! Paxton sounds so sweet, and I feel so terrible for him. I was like *whew!* when I read that he could escape such a terrible prophecy with Ara and her band. *Double whew!* He sounds like a great character:)

Abigail.M.
                          @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

Annnd yep, I re-read your post XD. I mean seriously, is it possible to get enough of your trio? I just sympathized and fangirled about them all over again, (not that I was finished fangirling from before or anything).

Alexa Autorski
                            @writerlexi1216

@devastate-lasting

Thanks, Linyang! 🙂 Well, they’re all around 15 years old, though after all the trauma they’ve been through, they’re much more mature (and look older). Caira has brownish-blond hair and grey eyes, as well as a tattoo on her right hand; Deek has dark brown hair and grey eyes, and eventually gets a gruesome scar over his right eye (possibly blinding him in that eye); and Newton has blond hair and blue eyes, but has a rough appearance due to the fact that he’s homeless.

Alexa Autorski
                              @writerlexi1216

@abigail-m

Aw, thanks, Abigail!!! It honestly means so much to me!!! I know I say that a lot, but it seriously makes me grin this wide to know that you’re a fan of my characters. Haha, I fangirl over everybody all the time… *sigh* And I haven’t stopped fangirling about your characters, either. I want to know everything about them! 😀

Linyang Zhang
                                @devastate-lasting

@godlyfantasy12 Whoa, interesting! Poor thing…

@writerlexi1216
                                  Ah, that’s so cool! I like them already!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 148 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >