Character Chat!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Character Chat!

Viewing 13 posts - 136 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 3875

@daisy-torres Yes, it’s modern-day/futuristic. Believe it or not, the first few dinosaur characters came about as the result of a Marvel fanfiction, where each superhero or villain had a dinosaur sidekick (kind of like a spirit animal of sorts). Later, these dino characters became an original story in their own right, forming a team called the Dino Guard to protect the human-dinosaur harmony on a far-away planet!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h

@scripter-of-kingdoms He looks cool! Is that character a he? I draw my characters all the time…..

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Kads
        @scripter-of-kingdoms
          • Total Posts: 765

@keilah-h Aye, thanks! Yep, this is Seo-jun Yeong, a Korean dude who’s an arrogant jerk, yeehaw. XD I also love to draw my charries allll the time!!

staring at the fields
          if nothing's really real
          i'll make the winter now my home

Elizabeth
          @lewilliams
            • Total Posts: 252

@scripter-of-kingdoms Whoa, your drawing of Seo-jun looks incredible!!! How long did it take you to draw him?

Also, I was just reading your description of him, and now I have to know–why does he dislike bagels?? (Both him and Kadotake sound like amazing characters, btw) 😀

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Kads
            @scripter-of-kingdoms

@lewilliams Thanks! It took… maybe 3 or so hours? XD I kept thinking he wasn’t looking Korean enough lol.

LOL! I don’t like bagels (they’re stodgy and weird, but maybe that’s cuz all the gluten free ones I have to eat are like that), and so I passed that on to him. 😜 (Eyy, thanks! I’m planning to write the novel they’re in in July for Camp NaNoWriMo!) 😀

staring at the fields
              if nothing's really real

Daisy Torres
              @daisy-torres
                • Total Posts: 691

@keilah-h Ohh, that sounds cool!! How far along are you with it?

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Tabitha Cassandra
                @tabitha-cassandra
                  • Total Posts: 10

This is an amazing idea!!! I’m excited for this one!!!

I have a question for all of you!! Who, in all your writings, have you enjoyed writing about the most? In other words, which character’s dialogue and actions was the funnest to write? Tell me all about them!!! It can even be a sad character, or a serious character, or funny, sweet, sassy, angry…etc

Kads
                  @scripter-of-kingdoms

@tabitha-cassandra I love, love, LOVE writing sassy, sarcastic characters. (Also, those cute shy boys with internal conflict. XD) Ughhhh i love sarcastic charries too too much.

Now, I haven’t actually *started* this novel yet per se, as in writing it yet, but I’ve been mentally outlining and drafting random scenes in my head. (I’m saving it till Camp NaNoWriMo in July to write.) But I am really loving the character of Yeong-kun! He’s a Korean dude in said novel about dystopian crime in Japan. (Also, in jp they use suffixes to refer to each other with respect, e.g. Yeong-kun or Yeong-san, and they call each other by their last name most of the time because surnames come first name-wise in e. asian countries. Yeah sorry for the essay. XD)

ANYWAYS. Onto the actual character. Seo-jun Yeong is an extroverted arrogant jerk in the mafia. He pretends that he’s the best, gets all the girls, etc. when in reality he totally doesn’t. He is popular tho (among his mafia friend people community). XD He makes fun of his friends and is a total sarcastic dude. I posted a characterization of him in this exact chat a little while ago… I think it’s one page back. Anyways, he’s a fave of mine ’cause he’s a total jerk. LOL!

staring at the fields
                    if nothing's really real

Tabitha Cassandra
                    @tabitha-cassandra
                      • Total Posts: 10

@scripter-of-kingdoms That sounds like an amazing deep character! Someone that I would like. I tend to like those kind of characters even though they might be considered the bad guy. If their character is deep and appealing, then I will definitely like him, whether he is a jerk or not. XD

Elizabeth
                      @lewilliams
                        • Total Posts: 252

@scripter-of-kingdoms Ahhh, I see I see. I’ve yet to eat a gluten free bagel, though I know what you’re talking about there. (Gluten free hamburger buns are just…strange, for example.) Even regular bagels are kinda weird though, now that I’m thinking about it…

That’s so cool!! Best of luck with the July NaNo!!! I’m hoping to join in on the fun, but we’ll see what happens there. 😛 Have you ever done NaNo before?

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Kads
                        @scripter-of-kingdoms

@tabitha-cassandra Thanks! XD Yeah, I also LOVE criminal characters (hence why one of my novels will be about a fictional mafia in Japan). UGHHH I love crime too much XD Yepp, I love developing characters and he’s definitely got more beneath the surface too. 😉

@lewilliams
                          Gluten free bagels are disgusting :,) (AND I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN WITH THE BURGER BUN THING) Lol!

Thanks! It’d be cool if we did NaNo together 😉 I’ve never done NaNo before so am really excited!! 😀 What’s it like? Stressful? LOL!

staring at the fields
                          if nothing's really real

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@daisy-torres Not far. I have bits and pieces together, but not much. I have a storyline and characters but no actual story yet. I’m planning to make it a graphic novel; I worked on the character outlines with my dad.

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

Actually, scatch that. I’m at the editing process.

Viewing 13 posts - 136 through 148 (of 148 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >