Character Castle!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 6,792 total)
  • Author
    Elishavet Elroi
    @elishavet-pidyon
      • Total Posts: 1058

@freedomwriter76

So… I’m working on the important ages in Eirtan. This is a mix between medieval and ancient societies, so it gets interesting.

For boys:

14 is of course, the age of accountability/adulthood. (Like a Bar Mitzvah, only different) 21 is the age when one is considered grown up – a man. (It’s also kinda traditional age to get married. Not that anything is forced, but it’s just that approaching that age they are taught to be thinking about the future etc. etc. So, it’s not exactly a coincidence.) Then thirty is considered the age of ..  something. Wisdom? The word escapes me at the moment. Anyway, that’s when they’re considered like really grown up and of respect. Considering that Viktor is the only (living) son of his father, if by thirty he isn’t married he’ll have some people rather irritated at him. XD Poor fellow.

So like, at 14 your voice counts, at 21 people listen to you, and at 30 they take your advice.

For girls it’s basically the same, except I’m even less certain on how their side works. I’m still figuring it all out.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@elishavet-pidyon. Okay, cool! 😀 That’s really Epic! 😉

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

@elishavet-pidyon @koshka @keilah-h @freedomwriter76

November 

Viktor had practically launched Alyona up to Riker. That left only six of the group left to climb into the tower. November’s palms began to sweat.

”Ara, November,” The boy jerked at the sound of his name, “Your turn?”

It was Mikkel, his smile sweet, but that did nothing to quell the onslaught of nerves in November’s stomach.

Fiddlesticks….

Now what was he going to do?

Say no? How was that going to look?

He felt his legs lock in place and his face flushed considerably.

What was wrong with him?

It wasn’t even that high up! And he was used to heights. Or he should’ve been, considering Ara’s castle home had been situated in the side of a mountain, and they’d had to climb an endless amount of stairs to reach it since he was a child.

Still…something was making him queasy.

Maybe it was being surrounded by all these new people. Someone else to disappoint….

He swallowed, unsure of what to say. Thankfully, Ara responded for him.

“Ah…” She glanced around at the group, who was waiting with expectant eyes at their response. She looked to November and offered a small, reassuring smile.

To anyone else, it wouldn’t have been anything more then that, but to him it quieted his nerves, at least for a moment.

”A-Alright.” She whispered, giving November’s hand a quick squeeze.

November bit his bottom lip as she took a step, her hand still holding his. She looked back, her brown eyes sparkling with warmth and she smiled.

“You and me. Together.” She whispered.

November swallowed, looking from the tower and back to her. He sucked in a breath and nodded.

Arabella

It…it couldn’t be that hard, could it?

Everyone else had done it with such…ease.

And besides, Crosshair had left behind a rope to aid them. She was grateful for that.

Still, she knew November was nervous.

Even more so then she.

And if she had to be brave for him, then she would be.

She wouldn’t leave him. She’d figure this out.

Somehow…

Staring at the rope, and the wall of the tower, she sucked in a breath.

“I..I think our best bet is doing it like Crosshair did. What do you think?” She looked at her friend. He just shrugged, the only color on his face was a small blush appearing on his cheeks.

”I-I don’t know if I can….” He admitted.

Ara’s brows furrowed, “Of course you can.  I know you can.”

November’s face seemed to brighten at that and he even smiled a bit.

“I’ll go first, and you can watch me. Alright?”

November sucked in a breath and then nodded.

With that, Ara straightened herself, preparing for what she was about to do. She gripped the rope in her hands and, using as much of her upper weight as she could, hoisted herself up until she could find a hold in the wall with her feet.

She climbed like this until she reached the window, in which Riker quickly, and gently helped her inside.

“YOU MADE IT!” Lyn greeted her with a smile.

Ara returned it, but then furrowed her brows at the odd sight before her.

Nyx was currently in a strangle hold, being squeezed by Naja. He was struggling furiously, though making sure not to hurt the little girl. He was, however, loudly protesting, to all who would hear his extremely loud squeaks (srsly y’all should go listen to the noises fennecs make lol)

“LYN IF THIS LITTLE GIRL DOES NOT LET ME GO-“

Lyn was smiling, her brows raised in a conspiratorial way. She shrugged. Ara laughed, before her eyes shot up and she remembered.

November!

She rushed back to Riker, leaning over the windowsill, to find November had yet to follow her.

“November, you can do it. I know you can!”

BACK TO NOVEMBER XD (I know it’s long forgive Meh Lol)

November stared up at Ara, her head sticking out the window. Her words filled him with the last bit of encouragement he needed and he sighed.

Okay, he could do this.

He could do this.

And so….he did.

He did it exactly as Ara had, pulling himself up the rope and placing his feet against the wall, though his breath was pretty shallow throughout the entire process, and he kept having to repeat Ara’s words to himself.

He could do this…

He could do this.

He could do this.

Hey…he could actually do this.

Huh.

He’d very nearly reached the windowsill, when…of course…the inevitable had happened.

His foot slipped.

Now this would’ve been fine.

Had November’s brain not decided to freak out and cause him to loosen his grip on the grappling hook.

“November!” Ara cried. Before anyone else could react her hands wrapped around his wrist.

“November!” Riker quickly follower, pulling the boy in, where he quickly collapsed, breathing quickly.

“November, are you alright?” Ara knelt next to him, and Jocelyn also rushed to his side.

“Man! That was some stunt!” Lyn’s lips were pulled taut.

“Y-Yea, I’m good..I think…” November rubbed his head, feeling a bit shaken.

Poor November. He always gets the short end of the stick.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12. Oh, that was great. XD Nyx…XD

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

Also, my brain kept thinking 9 ft wasn’t that tall, and in a way it’s not…but I looked it up and y’all…

U can fracture your spine from falling 3 meters (9-10 ft)😳 SO IF MY BABY WOULD HAVE FALLEN….

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Koshka
              @koshka
                • Total Posts: 1560

*gasp*

AAGHHH!!!

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Koshka
                @koshka

And um… who’s going next?

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12

@koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @freedomwriter76

Welp not me so I guess whoever else wants to lol

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                    @godlyfantasy12

Oh also @keilah-h u still want us to find ur new character here in the sleeping quarters? Or no since u can’t RP much? (The little boy I mean)

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                      #ProtectMarcel
                      #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12. *gasp* NOOOO!!! IF THAT HAPPENED, I WOULD HAVE CRIED FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!! 😭😭😭😭

Koshka
                        @koshka

@freedomwriter76 @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h @godlyfantasy12

Zlatan

Novembré nearly fell, but was snatched through the window instead.

Thank the Maker.

Zlatan glanced around the group. Vulk was bouncing on the balls of his feet.

He sighed. “Go on.”

Vulkasin flashed up and in, ignoring the rope. Which was probably a good thing…

“Now, who’s next?”

Mikkel

No one moved. Again. Fiddles.

“How about we go by age? I’m eighteen.”

“Thirteen.” Victor glanced back up at the window.

“Really lad? I would have placed you at least a year older, but…” He tugged on his helmet, hoping it covered his greying hair. “Who am I to say.”

“Semnadtsat’ or, ah, seventeen.” Zlatan shrugged, his face as blank as ever.

And he looked it, even if he didn’t at all.

“Well then chaps, youngest to oldest. Victor.” He bowed to the lad.

GodlyFantasy12
                          @godlyfantasy12

@elishavet-pidyon u wanna go next????

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                            #ProtectMarcel
                            #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                            @godlyfantasy12

Anyone on? @elishavet-pidyon @freedomwriter76 @koshka @keilah-h

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                              #ProtectMarcel
                              #ProtectSeb

Koshka
                              @koshka

@godlyfantasy12

I’m on. =)

GodlyFantasy12
                                @godlyfantasy12

Idk if anyone else is );

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                  #ProtectMarcel
                                  #ProtectSeb

Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 6,792 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >