Character Castle!

Viewing 15 posts - 3,316 through 3,330 (of 6,792 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2972

@loopylin

Thank you!! <3

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 4721

@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @koshka Whew! I’m back! I was on a trip to my grandparents’ place for Thanksgiving, and didn’t have internet while traveling, which was the only open time I had for writing.

Feather

Nyx had woken up, apparently helped by a medicine Zlatan and Vulkasin had on them. Thankfully Hitchens’ whip strike hadn’t killed him.

Feather wouldn’t mind finding her fist in the man’s face if she ever saw him again, and judging from the way Crosshair’s hand was always close to one of his weapons whenever he heard a noise in the shadows, he had the same sentiment.

She noticed Julius sneaking away, although she didn’t try to call him back. If he wanted to be alone, she wouldn’t try to stop him.

Although it was practically guaranteed he’d get into some sort of trouble…..

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 4721

@freedomwriter76 @loopylin

Kad

“Does anyone here have medical experience?” asked Reuben, the human boy who’d helped the twins.

Kad stared at his talons for a second.

He did, a little bit…..Bardan [his uncle and teacher] had taught him some skills…..

But would dragon medicine work on other species? Especially if he didn’t have anything to work with?

“I do…” he said, quieter than he would’ve liked. He sounded like a dragonet. “But I’m not sure if it’d work on her.”

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

TheLoonyOne
          @theloonyone
            • Total Posts: 446

@mineralizedwritings

Ooh, I love your drawing! They drew them really well, and how did you get the color to look so good!?

(One of the autocorrect suggestions for Fairchild is Brainchild –umm what??)

Well, yeah, they’re your brainchildren. It sounds weird, but it’s true.

@loopylin
            @lightoverdarkness6

Do any of you know where the gang of brothers and Milo and Cammie are? Cause I left for too long and now I don’t know what is happening. 🤣 I know they got inside and saw the sisters. Before they fell into a trap door thing.

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156

@mineralizedwritings. I love them!!! You’re art is always sooo good!!! <333 And question, how old is Kaine exactly? Bc I don’t know if I saw where you introduced him…xD @lightoverdarkness6. @theloonyone. @loopylin.

Julius 

Dietrich and Adolphus rushed off.

Julius’ breath heaved.

The torches on the wall continued to blaze.

His breath didn’t steady, though, and his heartbeat only increased.

(since I’m not sure if any of y’all are sensitive, for our RP’s, I’m gonna put a ~*~ when Julius is going to have a flashback and I’ll put another at the end, bc he has a lot of trauma/abuse that he has flashbacks to. So, just for safety and everyone’s well-being, I’m gonna let y’all know when that’s coming in my RP’s with him! <3) 

~*~

He hit the floor with a thud, as the fires lapped around him.

But they weren’t even there. (Yes, he’s having a flashback inside of a flashback…*sobs*)

His father’s slap came, hard, harsh, and without warning. “Shut it already. Do you think you’ll ever escape from me, boy!? Think. Again.” 

Julius sobbed and tried to get away, but his father gripped his collar and pulled him back. Alcohol hit Julius in the face, and he tried to pull away again. “AH! Dad, let me go!”

His father kicked him and threw him to the floor, making Julius sob again. “You want me to let you go!? I’m never letting you go, boy, you’re stuck here for the rest of your life, you stupid cripple!”

~*~

“My name’s Kaine, I’m looking for my sister, want to join me?”

Julius’ flashback left, and he turned to see a boy bending down to be at his eye-level.

Julius’ heartbeat and breathing finally steadied, and he slowly, shakily, nodded. “Y-yeah…I-I probably shouldn’t be alone. M-my name i-is J-Julius.”

@godlyfantasy12
              . @elishavet-pidyon. @koshka. @keilah-h.

Dietrich

Adolphus wiped away at the blood on Dietrich’s shoulder.

It had only skimmed him, thankfully, but still made it bleed.

Himmler stood aside, watching.

“Stupid, insolent people…always getting in our way…” Adolphus muttered.

Dietrich offered his brother a smile. “Have no fear, Adolphus, for we will have our revenge soon enough…on all of them.”

“…Dietrich…what are you plotting…?” Himmler asked, eyebrow raised.

Dietrich offered his Uncle a smirk, as Adolphus continued to wipe away the blood.

Oh…he had something planned alright.

Something wonderful…where they could have their vengeance…except they needed Mutti first.

“You’ll see soon enough, my dear Uncle…soon enough indeed…”

Loopy
              @loopylin
                • Total Posts: 2334

@theloonyone

the boys and Cammie are still in the room with the trap door, but Kaine ran off. The girls were dropped into a dark room with a tunnel leading off somewhere.

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone

Ooh, I love your drawing! They drew them really well, and how did you get the color to look so good!?

Thanks! I use a ohuhu 48 set of alcohol brush markers and a warm grey artist loft for shading. The ohuhu skin tones are too dark, so I have a couple random ones from micheals I use for that and then use the ohuhu for shading. I don’t like telling people to get higher quality art supplies (idk what your working with) but it’s pretty hard to get colors like that without alcohol brushmarkers. Or you can use pencils and blend with a alcohol blending marker. It still takes awhile to get the hang of it and I usually swatch colors on top of eachother to find a good shading color for the color I’m using first. Ohuhu markers arent the greatest quality but I think they are fine for a budget option.

Well, yeah, they’re your brainchildren. It sounds weird, but it’s true.

XD Lol that does sound weird!

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

He’s 15! And thanks! <3

I can’t tell you how much I appreciate you warning me 😁 I was concerned about joining the castle because well… it is…

rather violent?

XD

I know somebody from story embers, where the character castle idea originated and it’s mostly humorous (ok there was a poor traumatized boi just like any rp) but villains didn’t actually harm people that much. 🤣

@loopylin
                    @theloonyone @lightoverdarkness6 @anyone

I see revenge is being plotted… please do not question it if Everly’s arm heals and she goes super hero mode, (anything to protect her little brother, right? 😂) She’s really good with a bow.

Kaine

“Y-yeah…I-I probably shouldn’t be alone. M-my name i-is J-Julius.” The boy stutters, looking up at Kaine.

“I’m Kaine.” Kaine says with a smile.

The two of them walk along the hall, Kaine still scanning the halls for anyone else who might want trouble.

I wonder why that happened… does he know them?

“Weird castle this is, I’ll tell you what.” Kaine says, shaking his head.

Kaine walks towards a small passage, listening as a couple voices come up from it.

“I think were going down here.” He says, motioning for Julius to follow.

Loopy
                    @loopylin
                      • Total Posts: 2334

@freedomwriter76 @keilah-h

Eddie 

Voices drifted around Eddie as she slowly regained consciousness.

“Does anyone here have medical experience?” One voice said.

“I do…” A quiet second voice. “But I’m not sure if it’d work on her.”

…Kad?

Wait. Medical experience? Was someone hurt?

The memory came back to her in a flash. She’d been shot.

Dante. That stupid pyro. He better not have hurt Ellie.

She groaned, partly from anger and partly from the pain that she had begun to notice in her chest just below her collarbone.

“Ed? You awake?” Eddie opened her eyes slightly to see her sister’s earnest green eyes looking back. She closed her eyes again but slowly sat up.

“I’m gonna kill him.” She muttered.

“Erm, well, about that…” Ellie trailed off. Eddie looked up to see eight (I think?) different faces looking at her. She stared at one in particular. Dante stood in the corner of the room near the door. He held her eyes, but looked tense, like he was expecting her to attack. She was actually tempted to, but… she just felt so… tired.

“We’re not fighting anymore, Eddie. He won’t take the ship.” Ellie said gently. “Can you stand?”

She nodded drowsily in response and tried standing. The first couple times she stumbled, but with her sister’s help she was able to get on her feet.

(Ed’s gonna be drowsy and sore for a little bit, but then she’ll be fine.)

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

TheLoonyOne
                      @theloonyone

@loopylin

ok, thanks!

TheLoonyOne
                        @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings

I use a ohuhu 48 set of alcohol brush markers and a warm grey artist loft for shading. The ohuhu skin tones are too dark, so I have a couple random ones from micheals I use for that and then use the ohuhu for shading.

Ooh, I’ll have to add those to my Christmas list! Or I suppose I could just buy them myself, but…

(idk what your working with)

I mostly just color with colored pencils. I don’t really color things that often, though, cause they usually don’t end up looking very good. Because I don’t have enough practice. And I don’t want to ruin what I draw (this is why I usually just call it done with pencil and not trace it with pen). So I think I’ll just practice coloring on my art that I already don’t like. 😁😂

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone

I’d love to hear what you think of them if you get them! I like them alot, but they are very inky, so beware of the bleeding XD

You might already know this but they smell really strong. Like open a window they are pretty bad 😂 I have to stop sometimes if I feel like I’m getting a headache, I used to have a chemical sensitivity and it comes back a bit every now and then.

The blending marker I’ve used is a prismacolor marker, and although it doesn’t have the same effect as a blending marker, it really helps. I think I can do like three layers of colored pencils if I use it in between. It’s basically solvent in a marker. Yeah practicing on drawings you don’t like is a good idea 🤣

TheLoonyOne
                            @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings @freedomwriter76

Hey, could I meet up with Kaine and Julius? Elissa is just wandering the halls right now.

She has Eastern-Asian features and is most definitely an extrovert. She’s also from the same WIP as Milo and Cammie.

TheLoonyOne
                              @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings

Yeah practicing on drawings you don’t like is a good idea 🤣

Lol, yeah 😁😏😏

Like open a window they are pretty bad 😂

Ohho, this is not the time of year for that 🤣😂 I’ll just put on a sweater and let my family suffer

The blending marker I’ve used is a prismacolor marker, and although it doesn’t have the same effect as a blending marker, it really helps. I think I can do like three layers of colored pencils if I use it in between. It’s basically solvent in a marker.

Cool! I’ll have to try that!

(I like that we’re doing all this art talk on character castle 😂🤣)

MineralizedWritings
                                @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone

Lol if either of us have something to add to the art talk we can just tag each other in the art sharing forum 😂 I’m sure we are getting on somebody nerves here 🤣

Yeah better to be cold then breathing in the fumes XD it’s not as bad as a sharpie but it builds up in the air as you work on a piece, you start to feel like you’re in a little cloud.

Sure! OOH Your adding Elissa! I remember her from your wip! Yay! How old is she again?

I kinda wanna add Layson and Maylee now… I see how this castle got so big 🤣 It’s happening to me too now! I’ll hold off for a bit so this doesn’t get too complicated.

(You see I am italicizing my emojis now?) 😊

Viewing 15 posts - 3,316 through 3,330 (of 6,792 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >