Character Castle!

• This topic has 6,797 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Esther.
Viewing 15 posts - 2,746 through 2,760 (of 6,792 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

@freedomwriter76 @koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon

Paxton

“It’s going to be okay, Paxton…I promise.”

Paxton looked up at Wolfgang, and then at Reuben. He made his way to each brother, Jakob, Joshua, Leo….

He frowned.

“Y-Your m-mother….” Paxton whispered, “She…she’s not n-n-nice either…”

The boys turned to look at him. “Are…are all m-m-mothers like that?” Paxton looked up. “Ara s-says they…they…aren’t….and…and you are…n-n-ice br-brothers…”

And his friends…they were nice….

But…was everyone else that way? Really? Like Ara said?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Loopy
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2334

@keilah-h @freedomwriter76

Ellie

Ellie’s eyes widened and she poked Eddie in the side.

“Ow. What?” Eddie said, releasing her from her hug.

“We forgot about Dante.”

“Oh it’s fine. We don’t need the bounty money that bad.”

“Yeah, but would if he finds the ship? Before we do?”

Now Eddie’s eyes widened as well. She looked up at the others.

“Ok, change of plan. Would you guys want to help us find our ship?”

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Elishavet Elroi
        @elishavet-pidyon
          • Total Posts: 1057

@godlyfantasy12 yes, Viktor does have fire trauma, even though he’s gotten used to it because it’s a necesary part of their life. He just… Doesn’t like to handle it, or have it get more than a cooking fire. It makes him jittery and anxious, which for him means he’s more prone to exclamations and studied silence.

@freedomwriter76 @koshka

Also, I think I’ve pinned down a time in the book for them right now…

Viktor

Everyone was laughing at November. What for, Viktor couldn’t quite tell, but it seemed like something he ought to understand. November hadn’t really done anything, except get lost in thought and Viktor did that all the time. What made a boy blush like that?

Reúven had that funny look in his eye, the one that thought six years ahead.  (To when he’s 21 😉 ) The one that made him look both older and younger.

Ah…. THAT.

Viktor covered his somewhat belated laughter. Oh, it was good to laugh.

Even if it earned you glares from friends, but then, he didn’t think November really meant it.

“What have you been up to since we last saw you? And you as well Viktor? What have you been up to?”

‘What have I…” He felt a stone settle in his stomach as the shadows around them grew suddenly darker, full of lurking shapes. He shuddered, wrapping his hand around the knob on his shepherd’s rod.

His father’s rod.

The scarred wood warmed under his hand, as if remembering the days when another dark headed lad carved it from a branch of elmern.

The rod was his now. The rod, the eagle, the name.

‘No wonder I always loved it.’

A sudden whiff of something made Viktor’s head snap up. Not smoke… But still something…

Or nothing; It had gone.

He turned as November began to speak slowly, collecting his thoughts.

“Ah…y-you know….We’ve been traveling still…Adventuring…”

Sounded familiar. Viktor’s feet ached in sympathy.

“O-Oh! We met some new friends. Grimm, Paxton, Luna.”

“You…you’ll really like Paxton….” November turned to Viktor. “What about you?”

“Ah…” He took a breath. Glanced at Reúven. “We’ve done much the same. We live in the mountains now, with my uncle. Reúven and I are … herds.”

Better to not use the title.

“We watch my uncle’s sheep.”

“And his.” Reúven said with a smile. “Viktor’s father gave him his own flock.”

Viktor swallowed. “No, he gave it to Uncle Micha.”

“No. It’s yours.” Reúven’s lips twitched with hidden passion. “Remember?”

“Yes.” Viktor inhaled. “You’re right.” He traced the pattern at his neckline. “I forget.”

What had happened lately? His world had falled to pieces; each piece clicking into place.

He caught another whiff of smoke, probably from some torch somewhere up the passage, and tucked his hand under his mantle.

His disfigured hands. Fire had taken so much, but it left scars, and scars tell stories.

He should have known.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Elishavet Elroi.
          • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Elishavet Elroi. Reason: FORMATTING

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12

@elishavet-pidyon aww poor Viktor!! This is gonna be interesting!! @koshka @keilah-h @freedomwriter76

November

“You’re…shepherds then?” Viktor’s eyes seemed to widen slightly at the term. “We had a few in A’Grend, but…honestly not many….Most were crop farmers…Some kept animals.” November rubbed his arm.

“Ah…do you have any K’Vews?”

Everyone stated at him like he’d lost his mind. He flushed. “I’m….guessing you don’t…have…K’Vews in your world….”

They chuckled, shaking their heads.

“Heh. Yea. Right. Well!” November shoved his hands in his pockets, “You said your father gave it to you? The-the herd I mean…th-that’s nice…”

Novenber swallowed. He was so bad at small talk….

He did good when it came to his friends…

Though…recently, he’d struggled to even have a normal conversation with them…

Especially Ara….

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156

@godlyfantasy12. Poor Paxton! *sobs* @keilah-h. @elishavet-pidyon. @koshka.

Leo

“Ara s-says they…they…aren’t….and…and you are…n-n-ice br-brothers…”

His body shook. “No…all mothers are. Not. Like. That. Frida is horrible, your mother is horrible, but not all mothers are like that.”

“How do you know…?” Wolfgang asked, curiosity furrowing his brows.

Wolfgang didn’t remember their mother at all and Reuben didn’t remember her much at all.

“I do.” Leo replied.

She had been forced to leave.

Leo had wanted to go with her, but she wasn’t allowed to take him. He’d never understood why. Their father had never loved them in the first place.

Adinah smiled and brushed a strand of his hair out of his eyes. “Leo…my sweet baby…you can’t come with me…I’m sorry.”

“But I want to go with you!”

She put a finger to her lips, urging him to be quiet. “Darling…follow me.” 

He did so, following her to the baby crib, where his newborn baby brother, Wolfgang, and his two-year-old brother, Reuben, were sleeping. “Do you see them, Leo? And Joshua and Jakob?” She asked, motioning to where his other brothers were taking a nap. 

He slowly nodded. “Yeah…so?”

Adinah smiled and sat down in the old rocking chair. Motioned for Leo to come sit in her lap, something he hadn’t done in much time. After all, he was ten years old.

He sat down, and Adinah held him close. “I’m not allowed to take all of you, darling…maybe not any of you. And if I took you…what about your brothers?”

“They…they’d be fine. Father would take care of them…wouldn’t he?”

Adinah smiled faintly and held him closer. “I’m sure, darling, but I don’t think he’ll let me take any of you. I’m sorry…but you have to stay here.”

Leo sniffed and laid his head against his mother’s chest. “But Mama…I want you…”

“I know, darling, I know…” Adinah kissed his forehead. “But your brothers…they need you. I wish all of you could come with me…but I don’t think anyone will let me take any of you. I’m sorry, my darling, but you have to stay. And…your brothers…they need you, don’t you think?”

Slowly, Leo nodded. “I…I guess so Mama…” 

Adinah nodded and smiled. “Take care of them until I come back, my darling. And remember, Yehovah is with you wherever you go.”

Leo nodded and yawned.

Adinah began to sing one of his favorite songs, in Hebrew, and before long, Leo was fast asleep in his mother’s arms.

If only she knew how much he had failed them.

Tears began to course down Leo’s cheeks, and he angrily swiped them away before quickening his stride. “Come on. Let’s go.”

Anonymous

@loopylin. @keilah-h. @godlyfantasy12. @koshka. @elishavet-pidyon.

Steve

“How exactly did you two get out of here the first time around?”

Steve faced Dante. Bit his lip. “Actually…I’m not entirely…sure…”

He glanced back at Bucky, who was stumbling. Barely even walking. Steve’s grip on his friend tightened, only so Bucky wouldn’t fall.

“We met a lot of different people last time. Some…odd old man helped us stop our enemies that were following us, and we helped a man and his daughter. But…we just went to sleep…and woke up back home. I’m…not really…sure what happened.” Steve whispered, remembering all the people they’d met.

It had…certainly been a lot.

“But…yeah…not really sure…”

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12. @elishavet-pidyon. Oh Viktor…November…*sobs* @koshka. @keilah-h.

Riker

Riker bit his lip.

Something was wrong with November…but he obviously wasn’t going to be very…open about it. Viktor seemed a little…off too.

What had happened in the past few years?

“W-what about both of you? What…what have you been…up to?” November asked, turning to face them again. His hands were deep in his pockets.

“God, help me reach him.” Riker silently prayed, closing his eyes before he reopened them.

He gave November a playful smile. “Oh…just the normal…prison.”

Leon shoved him aside. Riker laughed and straightened himself before he fell over. (y’all have no idea how happy it makes me to write them like this. xD) 

“Don’t listen to him. That’s not the only thing he’s been doing.”

“Just about.”

Leon elbowed him in the ribs. “We moved away from Germany and moved to America, where, you know, Ezra was from. We’re living there now. Growing up.”

“Getting old.” Riker said with a wink.

“Daddy, you not old!” Lily cried.

Riker laughed and lifted her into his arms. “You don’t even know how old I am, do you?”

Lily paused, before shaking her head with a giggle. “Nope!”

Riker laughed. “Then how do you know that I’m not old? I am old.”

“Oh please. You’re only 35.” Leon replied with a roll of his eyes. “And I’m the one with graying hair, not you.”

Riker laughed.

Okay, so that was true. But still.

Riker turned back to November, Viktor, and Reúven. “Anyways…now that that’s over, are all of you looking for someone, or multiple someone’s?”

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 4732

@koshka @elishavet-pidyon @freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12

Feather

“Are you all right? she asked the newcomer, the one who’d come with the accented man who’d helped them. He almost jumped, startled.

“Yeah….I’m fine.” he said, but something told her he wasn’t fine.

There was a traumatized look in his eyes….a look she’d seen once on Crosshair before, and several times on his brother, Hunter (who wasn’t a villain at all, by the way, but he has quite a bit of guilt over a decision he made that ended up starting a war).

She looked around. Paxton was busy asking the other boys whether all mothers were cruel….

One of the women they’d met had to have been his mother.

Everyone here had so much hidden pain. She was especially worried about Paxton; he was so young.

Was it possible to adopt someone across universes? Would that create problems?

She supposed he had friends somewhere, separated from him, the way she and Rinzler had been separated from Crosshair and Jareth the last time. Maybe if they found them, he’d be happier.

“Crosshair.” Feather called. Her husband slowed his stride so that he was next to her. “Ask Paxton if he has any friends….We should go find them. I’d do it, but….I think this one here needs me just as much.” She nodded at the character she’d just been talking to.

As Crosshair turned his attention to Paxton, Feather looked back at the other man. “What’s your name?” she asked.

“Julius.” he replied, avoiding her gaze.

“Julius…..I like that. It sounds a little like one of the names from my universe.” Feather told him. “What’s your world like?”

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@loopylin @freedomwriter76

Kad

Eddie and Ellie, as the two Quilanans were called, sort of avoided the question, but Wayne and Zayne, the humans, talked about their family a bit.

Very interesting. Kad hadn’t really thought much about other species. Most which were smaller than dragons were either eaten, or if proven sentient, were left to their own devices.

Then Eddie looked up. “Change of plan. Would you guys like to help us find our ship?”

A ship?

Probably far too small for Kad to fit in, and going somewhere he wouldn’t know, but still….it’d be interesting to see the starship designs of a completely different world.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h

November

P-Prison?

November blinked, jaw half-open. Viktor seemed just as shocked.

Riker chuckled, and he and Leon began to…tease each other…

He was so…nonchalant about it…

So different from the Riker before…yet the same…

Happier

And he and Leon were definitely on better terms…friends…family even…

Looks like November’s life wasn’t the only one that had been completely upheaved in the last few years….

Except…everyone else seemed to be faring well…

“Anyways…now that that’s over, are all of you looking for someone, or multiple someone’s?”

“Ah, don’t think you can change the subject that quickly!” Viktor cried, grinning. “You can’t just say a piece of information like that and then leave us dangling! You’ll have to tell us about it sometime. If…you don’t mind that is…”

Riker smiled, “Of course not. I guess I’ll have to give the story to you boys later.” His smile turned into a mischievous smirk.

Ah no…

“But only if you boys tell me a bit of your adventures.” He winked at Leon.

November grimaced.

“Now back to the question at hand. Who are we looking for exactly?”

Eyes turned to November first off and he flushed at the attention. Why did everyone always look to him first?

“W-Well, I don’t exactly know if any of the others are in the castle with me…”

Liar….”

You know at least one is.”

She doesn’t count.

Doesn’t she?”

“But…ah,” November continued, “If they are…if they all are…then that would be…” He mentally counted, “Six…”

Leon whistled. “Six people. Well….looks like we’ve got our work cut out for us then. And Viktor? Reúven? Are you looking for anyone?”

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12

@keilah-h u wanna RP as Crosshair?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                          @godlyfantasy12

Heyo @elishavet-pidyon saw u were on 😂

this is random and I’ve said it multiple times but I just rlly luv Viktor okie XD and Reúven 🤣

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                            #ProtectMarcel
                            #ProtectSeb

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

@godlyfantasy12 Sure! @freedomwriter76

Crosshair

What was it about Paxton that reminded him so much of Jareth?

Jareth was nowhere near as skittish. He’d have run into that battle and tried to rescue everyone himself, despite protests from Feather and the sheer fact that he was too young to fight very well.

He stepped close to Paxton, trying to make his movements as non-threatening as possible. Which was a real challenge, because all his life he’d tried to be the most threatening.

The boy looked up as he approached. In his eyes there was a bit of fear, but also comfort. Weird.

Crosshair decided to get straight to the point. “Paxton, do you have any friends? What are they like?”

GodlyFantasy12
                              @godlyfantasy12

@keilah-h @koshka @freedomwriter76 @elishavet-pidyon

Paxton

The man with the scars…

Crosshair. The one who’d rescued him earlier, approached.

Paxton shifted slightly, squeezing Wolfgang’s hand, and gripping Hope, his bear closer.

The man moved slow, seemingly nervous. He looked how Paxton felt.

Apprehensive.

He must not be very good at talking either…

“Paxton, do you have any friends? What are they like?”

Paxton glanced at Wolfgang who gave him a smile and a nod, urging him to go on.

Paxton fingered his bear’s fur, looking at his shoes. “W-Well…I-I have…have a-a sister…”

Paxton’s lips quirked. “I mean…she…she’s…n-not really m-my sister…b-but…she…she is now…”

The boys he’d been traveling with tuned in to this fact, and Paxton realized he hadn’t told them this either. He blushed slightly.

“Tha-that’s what she…she says…anyways…” His voice fell.

Wolfgang gently nudged the little boy. “You said her name is Arabella, right?”

Paxton looked up, then nodded. “Y-Yes…” He felt a lump form in his throat and his eyes grew glassy. “I…I hope she’s here….”

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                #ProtectMarcel
                                #ProtectSeb

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

@godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76

Crosshair

“W-w-well….” Paxton began, stuttering. “I have….a sister….”

One of the other boys nudged him. “You said her name is Arabella, right?”

“Yes….” said Paxton, still a little timid. “I-I-I hope she’s here….”

Arabella. Why did Crosshair feel like he recognized that name?

“Who else was she traveling with?” he asked. “Was there by any chance a boy about her age, a girl that looked a bit like Feather, and an extremely temperamental, talking fox?”

Paxton nodded. “H-how did you know?”

Viewing 15 posts - 2,746 through 2,760 (of 6,792 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >