Character Castle!

Viewing 15 posts - 2,611 through 2,625 (of 6,792 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

@keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @freedomwriter76 @koshka

Heyo! Anyone here?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@godlyfantasy12. Sorry! Okay, I’m back! I had to finish some things and do some chores…and then I was reading some Historical-Romance, which I will probably go back to right after writing this, lol. xD @keilah-h. @elishavet-pidyon. @koshka.

Leo

Leo and his brothers quickly introduced themselves and Wolfgang introduced Paxton, who hid behind his leg.

They began to move. Leo glanced at Crosshair.

His armor was so…odd.

“Crosshair, was it? Where are you from?”

Reuben

Reuben walked beside Wolfgang, as Paxton clung to Wolfgang’s hand, also partially hiding behind Wolfgang’s leg.

Joshua and Jakob were talking to each other, Leo was talking to Crosshair, and Wolfgang was whispering to Paxton, trying to soothe him.

Reuben ran his hands through his black hair, flattening it.

Why did the hallways have to be so dark?

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 4732

@elishavet-pidyon @koshka @godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76 I’m on!

Crosshair

“Where are you from?” one of the boys asked. (how old are they? I know they have to be younger than he is, but….)

Should I tell him? He’s not going to believe me, Crosshair thought.

Although there was one part of his brain that remembered the previous time in this castle. There’d been a girl that’d listened to him, whether she understood what he was talking about or not….

“I was born on a world of oceans, in a scientific facility. Part of an…….experiment, if you’d like to call it that.” He decided to start with that. They’d understand, right?

“Feather and I were both trained to be soldiers–our universe was at war at the time. We didn’t meet until sometime near the end, however.”

Why did telling his backstory have to be so hard? And he hadn’t even gotten to the worst part yet…..

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 oooh! Anything interesting in the book so far? @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @koshka

Paxton

The little boy glanced up at Reuben. The young man was running a hand through his dark hair, eyes shooting around the hallway.

Paxton watched with curiosity, thinking of how Ember often did the same to his own curls, usually with a hard tug added for good effort. Multiple, actually.

Paxton figured it to be a bit of a habit…like his constant clutching of Hope…or fingering his arms, as if he were painting an invisible canvas.

He looked at his sleeves, feeling his skin tingle, his fingers itching to move.

To paint…

He gently lifted a small part of his sleeve, revealing bits of paint that still stained his arm from his last drawing spree.

He didn’t have any reason to keep doing it anymore…

He wasn’t near as lonely now…and he didn’t have to hide it…not according to Ara…and the others…

They’d give him paper. And books. And whatever he wanted to paint with…

But…he still couldn’t seem to break the habit just yet…

Of…painting…on whatever surface he could find.

Sometimes it was the walls next to him…where he slept. Or his clothes…

One time, after a rather vicious nightmare, Ara had even let him put a bit of paint on her. Spreading it across her cheek with his fingers, until he fell asleep in her arms.

But most of the time, it was on himself.

He wasn’t sure why…it was just…something about it…

Painting away the scars…

The pain…

It probably wasn’t healthy…necessarily, but it was better then most habits…and so, Ara helped him with it, at least for now.

and…he’d grow out of it…eventually. He was already doing better.

It was just…sometimes.

Like now.

When things became…too much.

He ran his fingers over the painted spots pretending they were fresh. That he was creating something new.

Unique.

Special.

Because that made him feel special.

And when he was done, he glanced back up at Reuben.

“Are you…you….Al-alright?”

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 so, I really really love this whole thing with Paxton and the way he does this painting to cope. I just don’t want to make unhealthy habits seem like a good thing does that make sense??

so what do y’all think about it?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@godlyfantasy12 Paxton likes to paint?? Feather does too! Maybe one of them will notice that. Feather’s armor is speckled with quite a few paint flecks……

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous

@keilah-h. Leo is 27, Joshua 25, Jakob 24, Reuben 20, and Wolfgang is 18.

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12

@keilah-h ahh cool!! Yes Paxton is my little artist! But it came about from the abuse he endured as he needed something to cope and keep him occupied while locked away all the time.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 Ok! So they’re not too young. I was thinking they were mostly teenagers for some reason……But thanks! Now I can portray them more accurately in my head…..

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12. One thing I can say is that as long as it’s not harmful to him or others, coping skills are actually very important for kids (and even us who are older!) that deal with abuse/trauma/anger issues/any issues. And, in some ways, they can actually help them eventually conquer over those issues.

But to show that it’s not a good thing, you could show how it doesn’t completely help him, or something like that, IDK. xD

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

@godlyfantasy12 Ok, I see. Poor Paxton!

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12. And, of course, a little research never hurts! 😉

Anonymous

@keilah-h. You’re welcome!

Well, we’re calling them the “bois” so we’re being misleading, lol. xD

GodlyFantasy12
                              @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 yea! Well in the books I’m thinking of having Ara and them show him how he doesn’t have to do that anymore ya know?

he does end up growing out of those things (including his stutter! Those it does sometimes come back in certain scenarios but not nearly as bad)

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                #ProtectMarcel
                                #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                                @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 HOWEVER!! Corvina’s coping mechanism has become EXTREMELY HARMFUL and is now influenced by darkness/magic and Eder….

yea….not good

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                  #ProtectMarcel
                                  #ProtectSeb

Viewing 15 posts - 2,611 through 2,625 (of 6,792 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >