Brawl stars/Starr park :O

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Brawl stars/Starr park :O

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Faith
    @fab
      • Total Posts: 150

Here’s a little sneak peek of the second chapter 😉😉 hope I don’t decided to change it again with my dumb picky brain. But I actually like it so far. And I think I’m starting to get Bonnie’s personality down (not here bc she’s tired but yeah)

Gus sat up abruptly, it was still dark out. He must have fallen asleep.

He looked at the massive old clock in the corner of the building. 5:23. Still early, but he wasn’t tired. Sighing he stood and stretched, then proceeded to walk out of the abandoned building to a silent park. The silence disturbed him. He tightened the grip on his balloon and slowly headed towards the park. He knew most everyone was sleeping, so in theory there was nobody to visit; But he also knew Bonnie wasn’t. She always gets up at 5:00 sharp in the morning to practice stunts in her backyard. This wasn’t the first day Gus had also been up early due to nightmares. And when this happened he’d go visit her. He didn’t understand how she got the energy to get up so early, and never ran out of it. He slowly walked, head down, watching his feet step after step. After about thirty minutes he approached her house, and sure enough he heard noises from the backyard. Something else he wondered was how Janet and Stu put up with all the noise. He trudged through the side yard and pushed the gate open, where he found her, crouched next to her cannon, Clyde. Her helmet had been tossed to the side and the expression on her face seemed annoyed. The light sound of his footsteps alerted her and her head popped up.

“Oh hey,” She half-heartedly grinned and stood up brushing the dirt off of her knees.

“Hi,” He said sitting down on her back porch, “Something wrong with Clyde?”

She sighed and nodded, clear frustration and anger showed through it. She walked over and sat next to him, then looked at him out of the corner of her eye as if expecting him to ask why.

He didn’t.

She blew the hair out of her face and said it anyway, “I’ve got a show this weekend, I’ve been waiting to do this new stunt that I’ve been working on for ages! But Clyde just broke down and now I can’t even practice, let alone get him fixed in the next two days!”

“Mm,” Gus said, staring at the cannon.

“Janet’ll just say it’s because I didn’t take good care of it, and she’ll force me to fix it!  And Stu is always too busy to help, and I don’t even know how to fix it.” She flopped onto her back in frustration then looked up at Gus, “Are you even listening?”

“Yes.”

She sighed, “You’re so boring sometimes.”

“Maybe,” He looked down at her, “Or maybe I just think about things before I say them.”

“Then you must be thinking for ages because you almost never talk!”

“Why does it bother you?”

“Because I want someone to talk to me as much as I talk to them, and I just happen to be friends with a contemplative ghost and a girl who doesn’t even know how to speak well”

Gus still sat silently. He knew she didn’t really mind. It was five in the morning and she was in a mood, she’d been rather grumpy and tired lately which was unusual for Bonnie. Sure enough when he looked back over his shoulder at her he noticed she’d fallen asleep; which struck him as odd seeing as she always had energy to stay up a whole night and still not be tired. Obviously she wasn’t doing too great. He had noticed bags under her eyes previously, but ignored it. Sighing he turned his head back around and instead watched the sky, it was too peaceful to ignore.

After about another half hour he looked back to Bonnie noticing her eyes were open.

“How long have you been awake?”

“I don’t know,” She replied quietly.

“Tired?” He asked, now slightly concerned.

“No, just annoyed.”

“Yeah?”

“Now you want to talk” She said, rolling her eyes, she sat up and looked at him, he smiled but she didn’t return it. “Am I the only one who feels like somethings changed?”

“What do you mean?”

“For the first time in my life I wanna leave this place and never come back.” She sighed.

“Welcome to my life, every second of every day,” Gus answered, “I always wondered how you were so happy here.”

“I- I don’t think I ever was happy,” She said, now fidgeting with her oversized sleeves, “I think the reality of life just never sunk in till now.”

“That why you’re so depressed?” He asked.

“Maybe.”

“Maybe?”

“As in there might be something else.” She mumbled.

He waited for her to keep talking, but she didn’t, so he asked, “what is it?”

“I did something I wasn’t supposed to ….And the dictator knows,” She looked up at him. Everyone here knew who the dictator was, it was the so-called ruler of the park. The one who kept them in there, the one who never let them leave. You did not want to disobey him.

Gus’s eyes widened and he grabbed her by the shoulders, “Bonnie what on earth did you do?!”

She stiffened up, her eyes showing shock. Clearly she did not expect Gus to react so harshly. Noticing this he softened his stare and let go of her.

“Sorry,” He mumbled.

“It’s fine.”

“But seriously, what. did. you. do?”

She grinned with a sort of excitement in her eyes.

Gus gulped.

But do you remember?
      August, honey, you were mine

Faith
      @fab

Chapter successfully finished. I’m tagging nobody because it’s to hard to remember all the names PFFT. tell me what you think annnd I’ve already started the next one too! 🫵😃

Chapter 2

Gus sat up abruptly, it was still dark out. He must have fallen asleep.

He looked at the massive old clock in the corner of the building. 5:23. Still early, but he wasn’t tired. Sighing he stood and stretched, then proceeded to walk out of the abandoned building to a silent park. The silence disturbed him. He tightened the grip on his balloon and slowly headed towards the park. He knew most everyone was sleeping, so in theory there was nobody to visit; But he also knew Bonnie wasn’t. She always gets up at 5:00 sharp in the morning to practice stunts in her backyard. This wasn’t the first day Gus had also been up early due to nightmares. And when this happened he’d go visit her. He didn’t understand how she got the energy to get up so early, and never ran out of it. He slowly walked, head down, watching his feet step after step. After about thirty minutes he approached her house, and sure enough he heard noises from the backyard. Something else he wondered was how Janet and Stu put up with all the noise. He trudged through the side yard and pushed the gate open, where he found her, crouched next to her cannon, Clyde. Her helmet had been tossed to the side and the expression on her face seemed annoyed. The light sound of his footsteps alerted her and her head popped up.

“Oh hey,” She half-heartedly grinned and stood up brushing the dirt off of her knees.

“Hi,” He said sitting down on her back porch, “Something wrong with Clyde?”

She sighed and nodded, clear frustration and anger showed through it. She walked over and sat next to him, then looked at him out of the corner of her eye as if expecting him to ask why.

He didn’t.

She blew the hair out of her face and said it anyway, “I’ve got a show this weekend, I’ve been waiting to do this new stunt that I’ve been working on for ages! But Clyde just broke down and now I can’t even practice, let alone get him fixed in the next two days!”

“Mm,” Gus said, staring at the cannon.

“Janet’ll just say it’s because I didn’t take good care of it, and she’ll force me to fix it!  And Stu is always too busy to help, and I don’t even know how to fix it.” She flopped onto her back in frustration then looked up at Gus, “Are you even listening?”

“Yes.”

She sighed, “You’re so boring sometimes.”

“Maybe,” He looked down at her, “Or maybe I just think about things before I say them.”

“Then you must be thinking for ages because you almost never talk!”

“Why does it bother you?”

“Because I want someone to talk to me as much as I talk to them, and I just happen to be friends with a contemplative ghost and a girl who doesn’t even know how to speak well”

Gus still sat silently. He knew she didn’t really mind. It was five in the morning and she was in a mood, she’d been rather grumpy and tired lately which was unusual for Bonnie. Sure enough when he looked back over his shoulder at her he noticed she’d fallen asleep; which struck him as odd seeing as she always had energy to stay up a whole night and still not be tired. Obviously she wasn’t doing too great. He had noticed bags under her eyes previously, but ignored it. Sighing he turned his head back around and instead watched the sky, it was too peaceful to ignore.

After about another half hour he looked back to Bonnie noticing her eyes were open.

“How long have you been awake?”

“I don’t know,” She replied quietly.

“Tired?” He asked.

“No, just annoyed.”

“Yeah?”

“Now you want to talk” She said, rolling her eyes, she sat up and looked at him, he smiled but she didn’t return it. “Am I the only one who feels like somethings changed?”

“What do you mean?”

“For the first time in my life I wanna leave this place and never come back.” She sighed.

“Welcome to my life, every second of every day,” Gus answered, “I always wondered how you were so happy here.”

“I- I don’t think I ever was happy,” She said, now fidgeting with her oversized sleeves, “I think the reality of life just never sunk in till now.”

“That why you’re so depressed?” He asked.

“Maybe.”

“Maybe?” He raised an eyebrow.

“As in there might be something else.” She mumbled.

He waited for her to keep talking, but she didn’t, so he asked, “What is it?”

“I did something I wasn’t supposed to ….and the dictator knows,” She looked up at him. Everyone here knew who the dictator was, it was the so-called ruler of the park. The one who kept them in there, the one who never let them leave. You did not want to disobey him.

Gus’s eyes widened and he grabbed her by the shoulders, “Bonnie what on earth did you do?!”

She stiffened up, her eyes showing shock. Clearly she did not expect Gus to react so harshly. Noticing this he softened his stare and let go of her.

“Sorry,” He mumbled.

“It’s fine.”

“But seriously, what. did. you. do?”

She grinned with a sort of excitement in her eyes.

Gus gulped.

—x—

Chester leaned over the counter, watching Mandy write down another order. She ripped the paper off of the notepad and thrusted it into his hands.

“Here, and don’t mess it up.”

“You know it,” He winked and strutted out of the room.

Chester closed the doors behind him and continued walking slowly to the basement, lost in thought. So many things nagged at his brain, like why on earth he felt so disoriented, the idea of pranking Mandy had left his brain entirely. Which was definitely new, and creeped Mandy out, he could tell. His walk turned into a run as he ran through the store into the storage room, then down the stairs, pausing only for a minute to find the light switch. He found it, flipped it on and waited as the whole room spent time to light up, each light fixing making a satisfying clicking noise as it did. he looked down at the paper, read the ingredients and walked over to the massive machine, flipped the switch on, and the whole thing erupted into noise, moving and clanging as it went. He ran over and grabbed the items he needed and threw them into the machine’s massive chute. He then walked over and watched as candies came out from it in perfect shape. He picked one up, ate it, and grinned. After watching the machine make the candies for the next ten minutes. He grabbed a couple more, threw them in a bag and ran upstairs, through the store and back to Mandy’s office. He dropped the bag onto her desk, startling her.

“And there’s more being made as I speak,” He said proudly.

She eyed the candy, as if trying to figure out if he’d poisoned it or something, “You sure-”

“I’m sure.”

“Chester,”

He raised his eyebrows, “Yes?”

She shook her head as if to say it didn’t matter, and popped a candy into her mouth, she smiled, “Perfect! you said you were making more?”

“I don’t lie,”

“Ok,” She looked around her desk for a pencil and grabbed a piece of paper, once again writing more down, “I need about this much in stock by friday, it’s about time we had a new flavor.”

“Gotcha! What do we call it?” He said, leaning onto her desk and picking the paper up.

She paused for a minute, thinking, “You decide.”

He scrunched his nose, “Me?”

“Yeah,” She looked up, “Why?”

“The one person you don’t trust for anything?”

“Yeah,” She said dully.

He grinned, making his eyes squint.

“So what’s it gonna be?” She said frowning, “I don’t have all day you know.”

“I’ll surprise you.” He said winking.

She glared.

“Aww c’mon, a good surprise!”

“Fine. Now go, you’re bothering me.”

He bowed mockingly and left the room.

The second Chester closed the door his face fell. Rubbing his eyes he looked down at the paper and slowly made his way back to the basement.

It wasn’t till he got to the basement, readjusted the amount for the machine and sat down to watch that it hit him. He shot up from his chair and sprinted back up the stairs. He skidded to a stop at Mandy’s office and threw the door open.

“I need the rest of the day off!” He said panting.

She looked up, a completely quizzical look on her face, “Why?”

He laughed and put his hands to his head, “Mandy, I think I’ve figured it out!”

“What? Figured what out?”

“Oh nevermind, i’ll tell you if it works! bye!”

“Ches- WAIT I didn’t say you could-”

He was gone.

Mandy sighed, shook her head, and sat back down. She didn’t need him anyways. He only ended up making things harder.

Chester laughed as he ran, he couldn’t believe the idea never struck him sooner. He ran out of the building and onto the streets, Straight towards the gift shop. There was a certain person who could help him. Oh yes, Colette knew more than anybody knew of.

And he wanted answers.

But do you remember?

hybridlore
        @hybridlore
          • Total Posts: 1359

@fab

Oooohh, cool!! Really interesting cliffhangers xD

There is always light behind the clouds.
          - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Faith
          @fab

Thanks @hybridlore !! I’m super happy with how this chapter turned out lol. And YES I need my weird cliffhangers.

But do you remember?

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >