Brawl stars/Starr park :O

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Brawl stars/Starr park :O

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Faith
    @fab
      • Total Posts: 150

Hey, I’m either a noob or an old grandma who doesn’t understand tech. Probably the first. Anyways, here’s the first chapter of a book I’m working on, I hope this is how you’re supposed to do it, either way I guess I’ll learn. 👉👈.

Copy and paste party WOOOOOOO.

Chapter 1

It was late at night, and the gates of Starr park were closing for the night as they normally do. The visitors had left to go back to their homes, and the residents of the park were once again left inside the massive star-shaped walls; never knowing what the world outside was really like, or having any memory of it.

All except one.

Or that’s what he thought.

Colette stood, several feet away from the massive gates, staring up at them longingly. She knew she was being watched, you’re always being watched in a place like this. She could always feel eyes on her everywhere. Silently she sat down, still staring at the gates, her book clutched in one hand. She wasn’t sure why she was there, but she just felt like going tonight. She heard the rustle of footsteps behind her and she turned her head around.

It was Gus.

The pale-skinned boy stared at her curiously; his massive balloon loomed over his head, and the small balloon dog, Spooky, was floating next to him. She’d always liked the kid, but never really talked to him much other than to get his autograph.

“Hi!” She smiled.

“Hello,” He looked around for a minute, as if distracted by something, then back at her.

“Wanna sit?” She prompted.

“I guess,” He slowly walked to her and plopped down, the dog happily leapt into his lap.

She normally was very talkative, but tonight, as Gus noted, she was silent. So he spoke up instead, “You ever wonder if it’s different out there?”

“No,” She thought for a minute, “I still remember bits of my life before I came here, it wasn’t much different, except I had freedom, and no death threats,” A smile came across her face as she laid back and faced the sky, “I remember the feel of freedom. Most here think it’s forgotten, but I still remember it.”

“Oh,” Gus looked down at his bandaged legs, “Someday I’d like to feel it, even if it’s for a minute,”

“I’ll make sure you do,” She said sitting back up, “I want them all to feel it again, just for a little bit at least,”

“You’re really not as crazy as they say,” Gus said quietly.

“Am I?” She looked at him and narrowed her eyes, smirking.

“Sometimes, yes,” He paused, “Well, they always say don’t judge a book by its cover.”

“In this case, most of my pages are the same as the cover, but appear different.” She replied.

Gus frowned, “I don’t understand?”

“One day you’ll get it.” She looked back towards the sky, still creepily smiling, but Gus was used to it.

“Colette?”

“Yup?”

“What about the other pages… you said most”

“I did.”

“Well?”

“Maybe they’re the normal part of me, maybe not, if I ever had any sanity I feel like I lost it all years ago,”

He was silent; he really didn’t get it,

They sat in silence for a while, but Gus didn’t mind. He often came to look at the gates and what little bit of land he could see behind it. It was the closest he could get to the outside world, he figured Colette was here for the same reason. It was the reason he didn’t even bother asking her what she was doing: he already knew. But after a couple more minutes, he finally sat up, and left Colette alone. She waved goodbye to him, but he could tell she wanted to be alone with her thoughts.

Colette was strange, one moment she was fangirling all over you, begging for your autograph, the next she was solemn and eerie, and then the next she was pure evil. Gus almost liked her, he felt close to her. Even though he rarely talked to her, he just felt similar to her in some weird way.

He continued walking for a while, completely lost in thought. Gus often did this; the late night walks through the forest leading to nowhere, simply because he felt like it. If he wasn’t forced into captivity here, he almost loved Starr park, or this part of it anyways. He knew the wood like the back of his hand, and relished every moment of his walks in it.

He eventually reached his house, sighing as he looked up at the lone massive building. Gus hated his house more than any other place in the park. It was big, empty, and messy.

It was missing his parents.

Was that why he hated it?

He didn’t even know. Just the look of the house scared him. Buster sensed this and always tried to tell him that he was perfectly welcome at their place, but Gus always turned the offer down. Why? Again, he didn’t know. One of those dumb things you do for no reason. And yet, he wasn’t going back.

He felt stupid.

Sighing he turned around and headed in a different direction, this being the train station. It was abandoned, yes, but it felt like home, more than his own house ever would. Using the moon as his only light, he silently made his way over to the massive building. He pushed the heavy, broken doors open with the help of his small dog, then walked inside. He stopped for a minute to look around, smiled, then walked over to his favorite bench and sat down.

Maybe I’ll just stay here all night, who cares if I fall asleep?

He leaned back on the bench and looked up at the ceiling, and his massive balloon. His eyes felt heavy, so he closed them and relaxed; forgetting all worries for the moment.

Colette leaned over and scribbled something else in her scrapbook before closing it; then she stood up with a yawn and stretched her back. Silently she began to make her way back to her house; it was located by the gift shop, where her, Edgar and Giff all stayed. It was a rather long walk, seeing as it was near the center of the park, but she didn’t mind. She walked silently, stopping here and there to make another note in her book, the only noise being the crunch of dried leaves beneath her foot, and the occasional wind. After about half an hour she’d arrived at her house, she crept in silently and made her way up to her room; where she promptly plopped into bed and proceeded to write in her scrapbook. That was, until her eyes closed against her will and she fell asleep, her book resting on her stomach.

Yes, it was normal, just like every other day, so why did it feel like they were on the verge of something different? Chester laid in bed and stared at the ceiling, He’d done everything he normally did, but it wasn’t the same. It all felt different. Was he just getting older? Or was he getting tired of his own pranks? He turned to his side and groaned, if only he had someone to talk to who understood him. Mandy hated him, Colette only liked him for the gossip, and Bonnie was just a kid, there really was no one. He growled and sat up; fumbling around in the dark for a minute till he found the lamp and flicked it on. He flinched and squinted his eyes, trying to adjust to the light. Silently he made his way through the hallway and down the stairs, he didn’t want to wake Mandy who was an extremely light sleeper. Sure, she had made it so her room was on the exact opposite side of the house as his: but she somehow always heard him when he was setting up a prank or whatnot. He reached the messy kitchen, empty cooking bowls and pieces of candy were everywhere. He opened the fridge and was rummaging through it for a coke or something when he heard Mandy’s voice.

“Chester! what on earth are you doing?!”

He sighed, closed the fridge, and turned to look at her, faking a smile

“Hey! Oh, I’m just getting something to drink, that’s all,” He said, shrugging.

“Chester I swear, if this is another prank-”

“It’s not!” He said it so quickly he realized it sounded like he was.

She glared.

He sighed, and put the ‘happy-go-lucky’ front away, removing his smile, “I promise it’s not,”

Her frown left, she seemed uncertain, and tired. He wasn’t really sure why she was so confused.

“I’ll just go back to bed then,” He said cautiously, “Forget the coke, probably would have kept me up anyways,”

“Wait!”

“Dang it!” He turned around and glared at her, “What?”

“You’re acting weird, you have been a lot lately, is something wrong?”

“Why would you care anyways?” He walked past her, “You hate me,”

“Oh that’s rich coming from you!” She stormed after him, “First of all, I don’t hate you, you just drive me insane.

“Same thing,”

“Second!” She ignored him “You don’t understand anything!”

“You sound like a hallmark girl,” He laughed.

She whacked him in the back of his head.

“Ow! Sheesh Mandy! What was that?”

“That was well deserved,”

“Why are you so persistent? I just got up because I wanted a drink or whatever because I couldn’t sleep and you go nuts?”

She paused, “Sorry, I’m tired okay?, and really confused, and you know my way of coping with this stuff is anger.”

“I know, and it drives me nuts! Go get therapy!”

“Wow,” She rolled her eyes, “What, a, hypocrite.”

They had now reached the door to his room, where they both stopped in silence, staring at each other for a minute.

“Goodnight,” He quickly turned around and attempted to go inside before she spoke up again.

He failed.

“Chester,”

He sighed and stopped, his hand on the doorknob, “Yes?”

“I know it looks like I hate you, but life wouldn’t be the same without you, please remember that.”

He closed his eyes on tears. What is wrong with me?

“Yeah,” He said, his voice cracking, “I know.”

He slammed the door to his room, not looking at her once. Something felt weird, and different and he didn’t like it. It was making him dumb and emotional, which was gross. He walked back to his bed and flopped on it, face down. He wanted to scream, but he had no idea why. Flicking the light off he turned to face the ceiling.

Great, back where I was thirty minutes ago.

He sighed and tried to sleep, but failed, he knew very well this was going to be a long night.

And it was.

But do you remember?
      August, honey, you were mine

Faith
      @fab

Hehe, it’s also based off of a video game, and if anyone would be stupidly curious enough to enjoy it I’ll pose the character info/headcanons later. I didn’t make any of the characters, I just obsess over it. 💀💀💀💀💀

But do you remember?

hybridlore
        @hybridlore
          • Total Posts: 1359

@fab

Hey!! Nice to meet you, and welcome! I’m hybridlore, a Christian homeschooled girl who loves reading, and writing (most of the time haha).

I like the story so far! What game is it based off of?? Chester and Mandy are my favorites already 😅

Some questions!

Favorite books?

WIP? (I don’t know if this is your main one, or if you have others.)

Personality type?

Again, welcome to KP!! 🎉🎉

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by hybridlore.

There is always light behind the clouds.
          - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Faith
          @fab

Hi! Thanks a ton! The book is based off of a video game called brawl stars.

my favorite books ahhhh I have so many!

well I love the green ember series, Narnia, Harry Potter, wingfeather saga, mysterious Benedict society, Inkheart series, penderwicks, and etc.

I will post more books I’m working on later :3

I’m very talkative and loud, XD I love drawing and gaming.

and yes Chester and Mandy are the best, I picked 3 characters from the game that the book revolves around: Colette, Gus, Chester. hehe

But do you remember?

Faith
            @fab

I can post pictures of the brawlers (that’s what the characters are called) later if you’d like to be able to picture them better!.., actually Gus is my pfp 😂

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Faith.

But do you remember?

Whaley
              @whalekeeper
                • Total Posts: 2623

@fab

Hi!

Mysterious Benedict Society!!!

XD I don’t see many fans of that series on here – who’s your favorite character? I like Constance, but all the kids are fun 😜

Have you ever read Candymakers? It’s a lot like Mysterious Benedict Society, it’s got the same aesthetic: cheerful and childlike and creative…

Gus looks so cute! So you’re into fanfiction?

Oh, and I’m Whaley. That’s what they call me on here, anyways.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

hybridlore
                @hybridlore
                  • Total Posts: 1359

@fab

Of course! I love the Wingfeather saga and Narnia, and I liked the Mysterious Benedict society too! I’ve heard a lot of good things about green ember, I’ll have to check it out!

Okay sounds good!! I also like drawing, and I play video games sometimes, but I haven’t been as into them lately 🙂

Sure!! That would be cool 😁

@whalekeeper

My favorite was probably Constance or Kate 😉

I loved Candymakers too!!!

There is always light behind the clouds.
                  - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Faith
                  @fab

I’ve never read candymakers, but I’ll have to check it out!!

But do you remember?

Faith
                    @fab

Also to reply to what you said before @whalekeeper Yes! Gus is Bebe. I normally don’t write fanfics, but I really am obsessed with this game and just HAD to write out my headcanons 😭✨🔥

But do you remember?

HighScribe
                      @highscribeofaetherium
                        • Total Posts: 2230

@fab

Greetings and welcome to KP!! I like your story so far (lol I tend to draw inspiration from video games as well 😂)

I’m a Christian homeschooled teenage writer and book nerd.

And now I have some very important questions.

Is a hotdog a sandwich??

Is putting pineapple on pizza a crime against nature??

Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten (accidentally or on purpose)??

Can’t think of anything else right now!! 😊 see you around!!

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Faith
                        @fab

Hello hello 🤓 @highscribeofaetherium (hope I spelled that right)

ahem hot dogs are not a sandwich. Because I said so.

DUH IT’S A CRIME

weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten….. honestly I have no idea

and nice to meet you! 👉👈

But do you remember?

Faith
                          @fab

I’m also working on the second chapter and I’ll post it when it’s done! Thank you to everyone who read it, it means a lot to me 🫰💙✨

But do you remember?

Faith
                            @fab

I’m also working on the second chapter and I’ll post it when it’s done! Thank you to everyone who read it, it means a lot to me 🫰💙✨

But do you remember?

HighScribe
                              @highscribeofaetherium
                                • Total Posts: 2230

@fab

Yep!! Spelled it right, cause I got notified!!

You are CORRECT. Hotdogs are NOT a sandwich.

Yeah, I agree that it’s a crime and should never be attempted. However, I also do it anyways because yes 🤣🤣

I can’t think of much stuff either, besides play dough and grass XD

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Faith
                                @fab

Shame on you 😭😭 you’re not supposed to eat crimes

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Faith.

But do you remember?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >