Book Topic Updates

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Book Topic Updates

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@ava-blue. I’d love to rant about my characters too! 😀 (especially Riker, but that’s besides the point. 😂)

Queen_of_Alvastia
      @queen_of_alvastia
        • Total Posts: 612

@freedomwriter76 Thank you! Glad I can make that work! 😊 Yeah that makes sense 🙂

@ava-blue
        You’re welcome! Yes please do!! I want NEED to hear about everyone else’s characters!! Thank you 😉 I just love the medieval time period…so that’s basically where any of my stories/ideas take place XD

Okay okay so….

My current WIP: It’s a sequel to my first book which is set in an fictional, medieval-based kingdom called Alvastia….and the MC is a character from the first book…

Background: The MC is a soldier named Nathan. He used to be an enemy soldier and was a part of the army that was attacking Alvastia. Their army was defeated of course. The good guys showed mercy to the enemy and an especial act of mercy to a fallen soldier was what God used to work in Nathan’s heart. (It was one of my favorite scenes to write) Anyway…. most of the Alvastians still don’t trust him so he built walls around his heart…. okay back to the original explanation.

A famine has struck Alvastia. The rulers (Esther, the princess from the first book and her husband) are, in the eyes of the village, too young and inexperienced to handle the crisis. Their royal advisor, Harmen, advises them to start trading with the North which has supplies to spare. Esther and the King refuse, since the North raised their mortal enemy in the first book. They are determined to trust God and rebuild their city. But even as they do, an underground operation threatens to destroy all they stand for. Meanwhile, my MC is about to confront the echoes of his past face-to-face.

Whew! Did it! Congratulations if you’re still reading this!! Sorry about how long that is and/or if it is confusing….brevity is not always my strong point XD

(I would love to hear more about your story too btw!! 😊)

🥰#TorrynVelgardProtectionSquad🥰

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. You are SOOO Welcome! 😀 Glad that made sense! 🙂 Also, your WIP’s sound so epic. 😉

Queen_of_Alvastia
          @queen_of_alvastia

@freedomwriter76 ❤❤🥰🥰

Thank you! It’s taken several spins that I would never ever have expected but I love it anyway XD

Queen_of_Alvastia
            @queen_of_alvastia

@freedomwriter76 Oh yeah and if you feel the need to rant about Riker I’m here to listen lol

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. You are SOO Welcome! 🥰 Oh, I understand that. Happens to every writer. 😂

Haha, I could talk about Riker ALL. DAY. LONG. 🤣🤣🤣 I love my precious baby boy. 😍😘 Was writing a scene this morning (that I still need to finish!) with him that was making me cry. Held my tears back, tho. 😭 My poor baby loses his Mama! 😭😭😭

Queen_of_Alvastia
                @queen_of_alvastia

@freedomwriter76

Girl, you didn’t!!!! POOR RIKER!!

*gives Riker a huge hug while glaring at you*

I’m sure you had good reasons…..the things our poor charries must endure at our hands….

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. I DID!!!! *sobs forever* 😭😭😭

I do have a purpose. I can’t kill for shock effect. 😅 I’d hurt myself too much. 😂 Her death pushes him to do what he must, to have more courage, and it even pushes him to talk to God a little. (although it’s asking why his mother had to die and asking why God didn’t just take him instead. But it’s a start. 😭)

Queen_of_Alvastia
                    @queen_of_alvastia

@freedomwriter76 *joins you in sobbing forever*

I figured you did! 😉 That’s so incredibly sad and I love it at the same time! Yes we all have to start somewhere…

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. *hugs you tight and still sobs*

IKR!? I love it too, but at the same time…MY BABY!!!!! 😭😭😭 Yes, first we need to light the spark, know what I mean? 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >