Blogs!

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Trailblazer
    @trailblazer
      • Total Posts: 600

@esther-c

I don’t have much experience with Wix, although from the few blogs I’ve seen on there, it looks like a good platform. I have WordPress, and yes, the free version does have ads. However, as the author of the blog, I don’t see any of the ads, and when I’m looking at my blog from another device (not logged into my account) I haven’t seen many. It’s just every now and then at the bottom of a post. Again, I can’t tell you much about Wix, but I think WordPress does have a limited amount of media you can use for free (as in, pictures). This shouldn’t be a problem if you’re only planning on posting articles/stories/blogs etc. I’ve had my blog on WordPress for a year now and  I still have a good amount of space because I don’t post a lot of pictures, usually just the title picture with each post.

I like WordPress, but if I had done more research on blogging platforms ahead of time, I might have gone with Wix. From the few blogs I’ve seen, it looks like it’s a little easier to set up. Those are just my thoughts!

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3213

@trailblazer

Ok, thanks!! 😄

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Janellebelovedpig
        @janellebelovedpig
          • Total Posts: 146

@esther-c

Yay! That’s exciting!! I hope it goes great!

I’ve never played around with the other blog-making sites, but there are many options–WordPress, Blogger, Blogspot, Wix, and more. I use Strikingly.com. It doesn’t have ads, just a big “Made on Strikingly” purple button down on the bottom of the screen. It’s very versatile, as far as designed to be used for businesses with an online checkout and custom domain name; but their free version works well for a blog. There’s templates on how to set up the style, but also a freestyle option to set up the page like a scrapbook and add/rearrange sections.

hybridlore
          @hybridlore
            • Total Posts: 1357

@esther-c

Awesome! I don’t know anything about WordPress, but I used Wix recently and it works great! Blogger is also a good one 😁

There is always light behind the clouds.
            - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Allison
            @acancello
              • Total Posts: 838

@esther-c

Blogger is OK. I like how its really simple to set up and use, but the only bad part is that you cant have an email subscription button and as far as I know you cant customize your backgrounds and have to pick from the few they have. Its very easy to use though, I haven’t tried any other blogging sites, but have been thinking about trying Wix since it seems like you can customize a lot more than on Blogger, but I dont know yet. Hope that helps! Good luck with your blog! 🙂

Esther
              @esther-c

@janellebelovedpig @hybridlore @acancello

Thank you all so much!! I’ll definitely keep it all in mind. (:

Euodia
                @euodia-vision
                  • Total Posts: 1306

Nooooo, my first post was deleted 😭 Hopefully I can remember everything… XD

@esther-h

YAY! I’m so excited for you!!!

Sooo, WordPress does have ads, and honestly, they are kinda inappropriate at times. It’s annoying that they pick out which ads you have on your blog.

Wix is what I use and I love it! There are no ads and you have a lot of control over the layout and design of your blog!

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Euodia
                  @euodia-vision
                    • Total Posts: 1306

@esther-c

*points above*

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Esther
                    @esther-c

@euodia-vision (literally almost tagged myself 🤦🏻‍♀️😂)

Ok! Thanks!!

Janellebelovedpig
                      @janellebelovedpig
                        • Total Posts: 146

Alrighty, coming back into my writing community this year, more so than last year. I quickly caught up on all y’all’s blogs, subscribing to most and bookmarking them to stay up on them. How has blogging been going?

At CWW, one of the teachers, Jaquelle Farris just kept posting on her blog that very few people ever saw, but she kept at it, got better at writing, and started exploring other publication areas. Kept writing for the King!

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >