BETRAYALS, PLOT TWISTS AND AHA MOMENTS, OH MY!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Plotting BETRAYALS, PLOT TWISTS AND AHA MOMENTS, OH MY!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 110

@freedomwriter76

Thank you so much!! Theirs is my favorite friendship in the series.

Aw, I’m so glad! <33 Diane’s story is first told in Where Faith Remains, actually. Although it’s more undetailed there since the characters are so young, it’s still a big part of the plot and themes. It breaks Eliza’s heart, and the scene where Russell explains it to her is just… 😭

I had previously heard of Unplanned – it’s such a good song! I hadn’t heard Untold yet, but when you mentioned it I gave it a listen, and it’s also beautiful!

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@joy-calle You are soooo welcome!!!! It certainly sounds like it will be an amazing friendship! 🥰

Aww, Eliza!!!! 😭😭❤️❤️❤️

Yesss, they’re both sooo good!!! ❤️❤️❤️🥲

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

@joy-calle @felicity @freedomwriter76 @whalekeeper @lightoverdarkness6 @gwyndalf-the-wise @esther-c

One thing with abortion stories is people also need to know there is still forgiveness  for them.

One of the things that’s never talked about is the deep horrible grief people who go through Abortions feel afterwards, both mothers and fathers, but especially the mothers.

One thing I heard at a Ladies Conf last month was so true and heartbreaking but it resonates with me, and people really need to make sure they have a safe place in us.

People, especially this generation don’t really understand how bad abortion is.

And sadly it’s been found that a lot of girls/women think it’s easier to seek forgiveness from God over having an abortion….

then to seek forgiveness from the church for having an unplanned pregnancy. Which is so heartbreaking.

I’m glad ur dealing with forgiveness of someone who has dealt with abortion firsthand (as in being in the clinic and such) in ur book Joy 😊

And Felicity, I would offer that in your book while your theme is awesome! Maybe make sure to provide that not All people are like Kylie’s friend. I do understand the theme you’re going for “Trusting God over man” but some people go to the extreme to the point of hating his creation and never opening their hearts again to the ones He sends into their lives. Anyway just my advice 😊

As for my charries!!

SPOILERS AHEAD! Read at ur own risk XD

Ridley is a character in book 2 who is Jocelyn’s best friend (besides Nyx) and they’re actually a bit more than that. It’s one of those “Meant to be together” things, so everyone knows they’re basically going to end up together one day.

The second book is basically a mystery mixed in with my other stuff, and in the end, you discover Ridley is the culprit, which is quite the stab in the back for Lyn (especially because by the time she figures this out she’s already had other things she thought were solid in her life come crashing down around her. Basically her entire life is a lie.)

He is redeemed again in the end because he’s basically a Good boy gone bad/crazy due to the circumstances around him situation.

As for Janus! He is in Paxton’s book.

Janus is the head of the Icari (Paxton’s people) Guard, and is in close relationship with Paxton’s family.

He was under the command of Aramis, Edrich and Sorren’s father, and took his place after his untimely death.

He’s basically a Scar from Lion King type character…

He serves under Lady Fallon (Paxton’s mother)

But in reality…he has his own agendas…and is plotting behind her back. Using her and her sons to his advantage. He’s just as, if not more wicked, then she is, and cutthroat.

He’s fed Aramis lies and “groomed” the boy since his biological father’s passing, and has also trained Edrich as his Right hand. He doesn’t have much hold on Sorren, but the boy is wary of him and prefers to keep his distance.

And Paxton?

Well…he acts a bit like Scar does to young Simba. Almost like a “Friend” but an extremely toxic one. Even occasionally “helping” the boy escape his family’s wrath, but this is ONLY to further his own agenda. And these moments are far and few between, leaving Paxton very confused on the man’s motives.

Janus wants to control all the lands, just as Lilith does, but he doesn’t want her, or any loyal to her, in the picture, and so he works behind her back, with the Dryads.

This all comes to light of course…along with the fact that….

well…

He murdered both of Lilith’s Husbands….

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12

Oh….the betrayal I spoke of…?

Are you…sure???

well….

Alright….

If ur sure….

Freedom you might know….

But yes…there is a betrayal in the series that outweighs all of the others.

Except…it’s not technically a betrayal…but…everyone sees it as one. And that’s what makes it worse…

Who is The cause of this betrayal you ask?

sigh

I’m sure you’ve already guessed.

November.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 692

Ooh! OK. My biggest plot twist is that one of the guys in my Paradise Lie series works with the bad guys but then we find out he’s one of my MC’s (Kyle’s) dad. Then he sacrifices himself for everyone. Meanwhile my girl MC comes too late and the boy MCs think she betrayed them but there’s a reasonable explanation (I haven’t figured out yet lol).

Felicity
              @felicity
                • Total Posts: 811

@godlyfantasy12

And Felicity, I would offer that in your book while your theme is awesome! Maybe make sure to provide that not All people are like Kylie’s friend. I do understand the theme you’re going for “Trusting God over man” but some people go to the extreme to the point of hating his creation and never opening their hearts again to the ones He sends into their lives. Anyway just my advice 😊

Yes, thank you for the advice. I have thought of that and didn’t want to send that message. I’m thinking about using some other characters to counter the betrayal, and with whom Kylie is able to have a good relationship. I really don’t want to turn people away from God’s creation and having friends and stuff, but I think choosing your friends wisely and being able to overcome hurt is an important theme.

Ohhhh nooooo!!!! What happens with…Novemeber and the betrayal????

Um…Janus sounds really bad. I hope Paxton is ok.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Felicity
                @felicity
                  • Total Posts: 811

@freedomwriter76

Aww, that’s so sad! 😢😢😢 I see how it can give Kylie her aha moment tho…but still.

Yeah. 😢

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 3875

@godlyfantasy12 Oooh……hmm….what plot twists did I write and not somebody else……

(that’s the one problem with fanfics, you have to separate your writing from what’s canon)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h
                      • Total Posts: 3875

And UGH, JANUS. He’s pretty much about worse than some of the villains I’m writing for in my fanfic…..and trust me, Rampart and Hemlock are TERRIBLE.

(I might add them to the villain castle but I’m still deciding.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 110

@godlyfantasy12

Amen. So true. I really think what’s most important for the church to remember is that we are all sinners saved by grace. So who are we to deny God’s mercy to someone else when it has been given so freely to us – we, who were also once instruments of darkness?

Thank you! I really love the redemption that comes about for both Diane and Vicki through such an unlikely friendship.

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          • Total Posts: 3221

@godlyfantasy12

Exactly! Forgiveness is so important.

Janus! 😬 Oh boy.

And Ridley. I feel so bad for him! 😭 (Especially after reading his RP.) I’m glad he gets redeemed. 🙂

But I also feel so bad for Lyn. Poor girl. 😭

NoVeMbEr?!?!?!

WhAt?!

I must know more!!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12 Amen, forgiveness is sooo important in so many issues!!!

RIDLEY!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭 JANUS!!!! 😡😡😡😡

NOVEMBER!?!?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh….is it….the thing with the journal???

(or whatever it was, I forget. XD I may be wrong about all of it tho…😬🤐😅)

GodlyFantasy12
                            @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 afraid not….

@esther-c
                              @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity

no…my darling November makes a not so great decision in book 6….

And “betrays” the rest of the team…

Nothing is the same after that I’m afraid. He did it for the right reason in his mind, but he made the wrong decision… (well…kinda. It all ended in The Light One’s will in the end.)

but the team looks at it as betrayal. My poor baby. It’s rough.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                              #ProtectMarcel
                              #ProtectSeb

Esther
                              @esther-c
                                • Total Posts: 3221

@godlyfantasy12

Poor November!!! 😭😭 They do forgive him in the end… right?? 😢

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >