BETRAYALS, PLOT TWISTS AND AHA MOMENTS, OH MY!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Plotting BETRAYALS, PLOT TWISTS AND AHA MOMENTS, OH MY!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

ELLO FRIENDS!! Ik I haven’t been on much but I had this idea/question and wanted to ask it!!!

So I was wondering if any of y’all had, and what are, some of your story/series’ Betrayal, plot twist, or AHA moments?

It could be characters finding a pivotal clue that unravels EVERYTHING! Or they discover someone is a TRAITOR *gasp* or they’re even BETRAYED!

Or maybe a secret is revealed? Anything “OOH” worthy, or maybe just “OH COOL!” Worthy XD.

Or that you wanna share!

Most of y’all know one of my series’ biggest (if not THE biggest) plot twist… *wiggles brows* but I do have other “smaller” (HA I SAY SMALL) twists, turns, and loop-de-loops as well in the series, if any of y’all wanna hear them. So yea! Feel free to join in this forum! And I put it in plotting cuz…uh…Plot twist?? XD XD

@keilah-h
      @freedomwriter76 @princesachronicle22 @lightoverdarkness6 @elishavet-pidyon @felicity @gwyndalf-the-wise @loopylin @theloonyone @joy-calle @thearcaneaxiom @anyone-else

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Light
      @lightoverdarkness6
        • Total Posts: 1626

@godlyfantasy12

Oh my goodness girl!! You made this forum at the PERFECT time XD

Soooo I just started planning out my biggest betrayal scene, (and possibly the biggest scene overall) in my book. And, ngl, I’m pretty happy with it so far. (Poor Dylan XD)

I can share the synopsis of the scene if you want, OR I might wait until I actually write the scene (emphasis on write XD), which will (hopefully) be a lot better.

Oooh, you’ve got some more plot twists???

I MUST HEAR!!! XDXD

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@lightoverdarkness6

Soooo I just started planning out my biggest betrayal scene, (and possibly the biggest scene overall) in my book. And, ngl, I’m pretty happy with it so far. (Poor Dylan XD)

0_o

@godlyfantasy12
          Great topic idea!!! 😁

uhhhh…for some reason, I can’t think of any plot twists for my WIPs…XD I’m sure I’ll think of something though.

AND YES, I WANT TO HEAR!!! I WANT TO KNOW ALL THE SECRETS!!!!!!! 😂😂😂

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3219

@godlyfantasy12

Yes!! I will be on here often, reading y’all’s plot twists and sharing some of my own. 😏

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 XD ok ok ur PFP…Bruce’s face is like…THE PERFECT meme face XD. It’s great.

@lightoverdarkness6
              OOOOOOOH 👀 do telllll….and then u can ALSO share the scene when u write it XD. Or if u just wanna wait to share the scene u can.

@esther-c
              XD! Just stalking the page.

y’all all know most of my big plot twists…

(SPOILERS AHEAD!!!)

• Corvina and November
              • Janus
              • Ridley
              • November’s ability

trying to think of some others…. And if there’s one of the above u don’t know about let me know. Or wanna know more about.

oh…

Betrayal.

Well Ridley and Janus tie into that….

But there is a “betrayal” (quotation marks for….reasons.)

I haven’t talked about except maybe one mention on here…?

*smiles evilly*

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 110

@godlyfantasy12

Ooh, epic forum idea!

One of my favorite plot twists in my Russell & Eliza series is the one in book seven, Where Life Is Sacred (Diane’s story). The basic plot of WLIS is that Diane finally has all she ever wanted in life – international fame in the circus – but as an abortion survivor, she knows she’s called to protect the unborn. She goes on a journey of finding her courage to speak out, as well as renewing her previous close relationship with Christ.

Anyway, my absolute favorite part of that book’s plot is the enemies-to-best-friends arc between Diane and Vicki, an abortion clinic director. Throughout the book one of Diane’s most intense inner struggles is her longing for a best friend, since she’s never had a real friend aside from her family and has in fact spent most of her career verbally abused and bullied by others because she was born with only one arm (a result of the failed abortion procedure). And then God sends her a best friend in Vicki. I just love their relationship because it starts off as Vicki hating Diane, publicly vilifying her, even going so far as to say she should be dead… but then their paths cross, and Diane’s spirit of love and forgiveness begin to change Vicki until she unexpectedly finds that she and Diane have become best friends.

I just love that twist, and I love their friendship in general. It’s all about love breaking down barriers and changing hearts for Christ. I especially love that Vicki unexpectedly turns out to be the one to stand by Diane when another character she thought was a true friend leaves her, and they actually found a pro-life organization and a state home together.

Oh, and I also love Vicki’s “aha moment” of repenting of the ways she’s participated in the murder of the unborn, and of realizing that Diane is her truest friend.

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12

@joy-calle 😭 THATS SO SWEET!!!! AHHHHHH LOVE THAT!!! Also love that you’re dealing that subject!!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

Light
                  @lightoverdarkness6
                    • Total Posts: 1626

@freedomwriter76

0_o

Heh…yeah…you just thought you didn’t like Vance before…

🤐🤐🤐

uhhhh…for some reason, I can’t think of any plot twists for my WIPs…XD I’m sure I’ll think of something though.

I hate it when that happens! Like, when I just was thinking about something and then my mind goes blank whenever I actually want to talk about whatever it was that I was thinking about…heh

I’m sure you will!! 😀

AND YES, I WANT TO HEAR!!! I WANT TO KNOW ALL THE SECRETS!!!!!!! 😂😂😂

😂😂😂 YES!!!

And, I love your new PFP XDXD Poor Bruce always looks so confused XD

@godlyfantasy12

Okay! I can tell you about it, then share the scene 🙂 XD

But first I want to hear some of your plot twists!

Okay, so I have heard about most of those…except Ridley. I haven’t heard much about Ridley, other than he was a friend of Jocelyn’s at one point…

And what’s the ”betrayal?!” I MUST know!! XD

@joy-calle

Oh. My. Gosh. GIRL!!! I LOVE that!!! It’s SOOO sweet and sad and just ❤❤❤😭😭😭

That’s so good that you’re writing about that subject. More people need to realize just how awful abortion is. Great job, sister!! 🙂

#HugRikerSquad

Esther
                    @esther-c

@joy-calle

What a sweet twist!! And it’s sad and just so awesome!! ❤️😢☺️

I love that you’re dealing with the topic of abortion, because more people need to understand just how cruel and sinful it is. Keep on writing for the kingdom! 😀

Esther
                      @esther-c

@godlyfantasy12

Wait, who are Ridley and Janus???

I’ve already heard about November and Corvina and November’s ability. I must hear about this Ridley and Janus… 😏

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 110

@godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6 @esther-c

Thank you guys so much! <3 Pro-life is something I’m very passionate about, so I knew I had to include it in this series somehow. When the idea for Diane’s character came to me I was thrilled.

Esther
                          @esther-c

@joy-calle

Yw!! 🙂

That’s awesome!! 😊

Gwyndalf the Wise
                            @gwyndalf-the-wise
                              • Total Posts: 404

HMMM

Plot twists, eh? XD *is enjoying this waaaaaay too much*

Okay, I have a list that includes moments from different stories (Insert Title and [SPY]DER-MAN which by the way you don’t need to have known about or watched/read the movies or comics to read, I’ll reference some things but I’m making up the characters, plot, etc.), but feel free to ask about any of them! XD It’ll help me flesh out the scenarios more.

• Derek
                              • …the guard…
                              • Esten/the whole situation with Gilbert
                              • Franz/Seb was right all along and Aaron regrets not listening to him
                              • Why Irly originally disdained Aaron
                              • Struggling to give y’all more Insert Title ones because I’ve looked at that story for so long I’m not sure what’s a twisty/GASP moment anymore

@godlyfantasy12

OOOO I like this forum idea. I like it a lot. XD *stalks this till the end of time*

I’d like to hear about Janus..never hear about him? before. I think I know who Ridley is…

@joy-calle

Aw, that’s amazing!

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
                              (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Felicity
                              @felicity
                                • Total Posts: 811

@godlyfantasy12

Super awesome topic! Plot twists, and especially betrayals, are some of my favorite things to read/write/dream/plan about!!!

I stalked a topic a while ago so I know about Corvina and November (which I think is super neat).

I’m planning to have one in the new story idea (which I’m just calling The Undefiled for now [based off of James 1:27]). So the reason why this betrayal is so raw and rather ironic is because the MC Kylie has a past of betrayals, which is why she has a really hard time trusting people and cultivating deep friendships. And as she’s finally starting to overcome her fear, she and this girl Liah get really close.

Kylie thought that finally, here was the friend she always wanted, who she could share her deepest secrets with and trust completely….

And then PLOT TWIST.

Yeah, Liah turns completely around (she has a negative character arc). It’s really sad, but it brings on Kylie’s aha moment and her eyes are opened to the bigger picture, which is that she was putting all her trust in mankind and not in God like she should’ve. She also learns that people may hurt/betray you but Jesus never will.

Does anyone have any tips on doing betrayals? I’ve never really done one before but I loved how S. D. Smith handled them in The Green Ember.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 8156

@lightoverdarkness6

Heh…yeah…you just thought you didn’t like Vance before…

🤐🤐🤐

😢😢😢😬😬😬😡😡😡

I hate it when that happens! Like, when I just was thinking about something and then my mind goes blank whenever I actually want to talk about whatever it was that I was thinking about…heh

I’m sure you will!! 😀

IKR!? XD I just can’t think of any plot twists, lol, I had a couple of ideas but have since scrapped them…lol.

And, I love your new PFP XDXD Poor Bruce always looks so confused XD

Why, thank you. *bows* XD Yeah, poor Bruce…😂😂😂

@godlyfantasy12

XD ok ok ur PFP…Bruce’s face is like…THE PERFECT meme face XD. It’s great.

Lol, glad you like it! XD

AHHH, BETRAYAL!?!? (i feel like I’ve heard of this before…🤔 Maybe not tho…😅😂)

@felicity
                                  Aww, that’s so sad! 😢😢😢 I see how it can give Kylie her aha moment tho…but still.

@joy-calle AHHHH!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT!!!!! It’s so sweet, yet sad, and beautiful and just… 😍😍😢😍😍

I’m soooo happy you’re dealing with that topic! I have thought about doing it myself but never mustered the courage…but seeing that you are, I believe I may have just gotten the courage to do so. ❤️ It’s an issue I’m passionate about but I was just kind of scared to handle it in a novel bc I didn’t know if I was ready/supposed to do so, so thank you for handling it, and thank you for helping give me the courage to try! 🥰🥰🥰

(Although…though they never chose to do so, the Nazis more than likely offered for Iris’ pregnancy with Eli to be terminated…🤐)

Btw, have you ever heard of the songs Untold and Unplanned, both by Matthew West? 😊

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >