Based on this start, Would you read my book, Finding You?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Based on this start, Would you read my book, Finding You?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    KattheWriter
    @katthewriter
      • Total Posts: 103

I mean.. If I could add chapter by Chapter section to put my book on here, I would. But i’m not sure if that’ll count as spam even if I just keep it in one of these whatever they’re called. Posts. Or has anyone else done that? Like updated it as they go?

Never turn your back on a truce, because no one hesitates on an open opportunity to strike.

GodlyFantasy12
      @godlyfantasy12
        • Total Posts: 6645

Ppl do that all the time @katthewriter! They make one forum (like this one you’ve already made even, or u can make a new one) and add their chapters/scenes to it as they write.

I will say…I might not be able to read the WIP just due to current sensitivity and trying to be a bit cautious of what I read, and Ik that might sound crazy considering some of the things I read and write but it’s just certain things, but your idea sounds amazing so others would probably wanna read it!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
        #ProtectMarcel
        #ProtectSeb

KattheWriter
        @katthewriter

@godlyfantasy12

That’s totally fine, no worries! Thank you so much for the help and explaining 🙂

Never turn your back on a truce, because no one hesitates on an open opportunity to strike.

Orielle2023
          @orielle21
            • Total Posts: 173

@katthewriter

Hey! I am totally interested in your story!!! Your mood boards are amazing! XD

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156

@katthewriter. It sounds amazing!!! I’d love to read it if you ever posted it here on KP! 😀

And the moodboards look EPIC!!!

I agree with @godlyfantasy12, I despise the villain already. XDXDXD

Gwyndalf the Wise
              @gwyndalf-the-wise
                • Total Posts: 404

@katthewriter

I only have more of that in like the really stressful or despair moments, but most of it is normal style writing, I think? I Might have a weird writing style.

XD I do the same thing, it’s only the length of it in that format that makes it difficult for me to read.

And thank you so much! I enjoy making both collages and aesthetic reels (for my insta) for my books/characters 😀

You’re welcome!

I may or may not read the story since I don’t know that much about it (I’m a very sensitive reader on specific things). Good luck, though! I hope it goes well. =)

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
                (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Light
                @lightoverdarkness6
                  • Total Posts: 1627

@katthewriter

What?!?! Someone actually said that to you? *Grinds teeth* Wow. They are so wrong.

I would love to read your book!! But I probably won’t be able to right now though, I’m not on KP as much right now. It sounds awesome!! I love your characters already! Except the villain. I despise him DX.

#HugRikerSquad

KattheWriter
                  @katthewriter

@orielle21 Thank you! So if I go start posting my story on here would you like me to tag you? 🙂

@freedomwriter76 Thankkkksss ^-^ I’ll tag you when i do soon!

@gwyndalf-the-wise
                    That’s totally okay, whatever is chill. Chapter 4 is the one that makes the sensitive ones a little uncomfortable (very detailed of X392 being beat up) but on the whole most of it is pretty chill, bc I don’t love super gorey books. The only reason we get that in chapter 4 is because it’s in her point of view. While the other one is in the attacker/defenders pov so it’s more just what he’s doing not seeing, bc he’s a worrior and not fazed by it. (to be clear the other pov is NOT the girl’s attacker, the other one is a scene is of Roger being ambushed. So he’s more of a defender I guess)  Lol, that probably made no sense. But yes, i’ll put the warning lables on the top when I post, and probably add ones for each chapter bc Ik eveyone is different.

Thanks for the encouragment 🙂

KattheWriter
                    @katthewriter

@lightoverdarkness6

Lol, to be fair he emailed it instead of saying it on here XD. But he also gave me an essay of eveything wrong with it. BUT i’m not against critique, i’m definitely for it. But when your critique is against even proper writing… (like he thinks i should info dump at the beginning and not start in the middle of the scene??? like hello what? The whole point is u don’t know what’s happening so you WANT to know. No good books gives away the plot twist and all the details of the MC in chapter 1 -_- )

And silly stuff like I should just cut out one of my POVs that he thought wasn’t important… but like you find out it is very important later. He told me I should just completely cut Nate out of the story . Like. Um. I don’t think i asked for that. 

and on and on about things that are like incorrect to proper writing, and when I asked for exaxamples of that style of proper writing, and there was no classics in there.. no books I had ever even heard of. But hey it’s really fun to read it aloud to my new bestie so she could get all mad and we get all inspired XD There’s nothing quite as motivating as someone telling you you can’t and won’t ever.

But thankkkksss lol. Im happy he did so I can prove him wrong 😉

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by KattheWriter.

Esther
                      @esther-c
                        • Total Posts: 3221

@katthewriter

Love the collages/moodboards!!! They look really awesome!!

and the villain… Man he sounds so cool. Er *clears throat* intriguing. I like writing villains. 😁😁

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Orielle2023
                        @orielle21
                          • Total Posts: 173

@katthewriter

Thank you! So if I go start posting my story on here would you like me to tag you? 🙂

Yes Please!! I see you did already. Lol. I’m going to read it tonight and I’ll let you know what I think.

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >