Art Sharing For All :)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Art Sharing For All :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 2,474 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@smiley

Ok…it’s not like it’s ONLY your influence XD I have also just now realized how much I actually love him, that’s all 😍😍xD

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 4732

@freedomwriter76 @mineralizedwritings I love those!

@whalekeeper
        nice!!

@smiley
        Bucky’s cat is so cute! And I think you did a great job coloring him!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings
          • Total Posts: 2973

@keilah-h

Thank you!

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Anonymous

@keilah-h aww, tysm!! 💗💗

Smiley
            @smiley
              • Total Posts: 2210

@keilah-h

Thanks, girl!!

Do me a favor…. Tell Cress I meant it
              -Thorne

Euodia
              @euodia-vision
                • Total Posts: 1308

@whalekeeper

MARCEL! He’s SO cute!!!!

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Euodia
                @euodia-vision

@smiley

OOOOO! Those drawings of Bucky are SO good!!!!

(argh I keep getting you and freedom mixed up with y’all pfps XD)

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Euodia
                  @euodia-vision

@freedomwriter76 @smiley

Ok…it’s not like it’s ONLY your influence XD I have also just now realized how much I actually love him, that’s all 😍😍xD

hey, you might not be influencing Freedom, but Miley, you’re for sure influencing me on Pietro. XD *considers rewriting her top 5 list after reading your guys’*

Smiley
                    @smiley

@euodia-vision

Aww thanks, and Alpine had to be included, I’m still holding out that she’ll be included someday XD

Ok…it’s not like it’s ONLY your influence XD I have also just now realized how much I actually love him, that’s all 😍😍xD

@freedomwriter76

Well, you’re not my ONLY influence for liking Bucky so there! XD

jkjkjkjk

hey, you might not be influencing Freedom, but Miley, you’re for sure influencing me on Pietro. XD *considers rewriting her top 5 list after reading your guys’*

Wanda better be on that list, I’m still mad at freedom for not including her, *does a Wanda’s head tilt to freedom*

besides the twin should be together

-Thorne

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76 @lightoverdarkness6 @whalekeeper

I drew Kaine! This one took a really long time lol, the pose was really hard!

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@smiley

Dude that one of Wanda with her brother jacket is heartbreakiiiiiing

Ok but it’s really good 🙂

HighScribe
                          @highscribeofaetherium
                            • Total Posts: 2452

@mineralizedwritings

OoooOOOOOoooOOOhhHHHHHhhhhhh!! Love it!

Home is where your massive, overflowing collection of LEGO bricks is.

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings AHHH, IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!! 🤩🤩🤩

Smiley
                              @smiley

@mineralizedwritings

I knowww, but thanks

and I love Kaine!!! it’s so good

You wouldn’t happen to have any tips for digital art would you?

I’m still terrible at it

-Thorne

MineralizedWritings
                                @mineralizedwritings

@smiley

Thank you!

Well I’d say that it’s much easier to hide mistakes in digital art than in traditional, so it feels like taking a couple steps backwards. I worked on that one over a couple of days, because digital art in general is more draining and takes longer. I use krita (it’s free!) and one of the best things for me has been using the reference image feature. You find a image online (maybe one for the pose, and one for the color palette, you can color pick from a reference instead of making your own colors, really helpful for skin tones). You find a image online, right click, click copy image. Than in krita go to edit-paste as reference image, and bam! It’s on your page without being a part of the art.

I find that anything I’m bad at in traditional, I’m terrible at in digital. Like if I had a hard time with three quarters view, it would be super hard in digital, so only draw things you understand unless you want to try to learn something the hard way.

Also learn how to use layers. That way you can erase something (like part of the outline) without erasing something else (like the colors)

There is a super helpful feature that has a symbol on the layer, it should look like a small box of checkers on each layer. When you select it, you can only color on the places that are already colored. SO if you’re shading something, like a shirt, the shading color will only go on the shirt.

You can highlight by using the ‘addition’ brush. Each krita brush has a settings thing up top, where you can make it a darken brush, addition… ect. Addition is like a glow affect, brightening whatever color is underneath.

Each drawing I do has a basic sketch layer (much easier to sketch in a pencil brush). I then reduce the layer to 30% opacity so I can draw over it. Than the next layer is a detailed sketch layer, in a smaller pencil size. I than delete the first sketch, and lower the current sketches opacity to 30%. I use the paintbrush to outline most of the time, but for this drawing of Kaine, I used a pencil. After the outline is done, you can delete the sketch underneath, and add a layer under the lineart for color. If you want to go the complicated way, each color you use has a different layer, but that’s complicated, and you don’t have to do that.

A easy way to go about shadows is to add a layer on top of all the colors and color shadows with a blue gray. Make the layer(not the brush, that does something different)  at about 30% . You should have light blue gray shadows now, still being able to see the color through.

I think that’s all of it? XDXD

I do digital art pieces a lot less than traditional because they are a project, and I’m usually just… done. By the end of it.

And you really need a tablet. It would be hard with a track pad. If you can program a button on your tablet to be ‘undo’ and zoom in and out, you’ll save a lot of time.

@highscribeofaethirium @freedomwriter76

Thank you guys!! <3

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 2,474 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >