Art Sharing For All :)

Home Page › Forums › Other Art Forms › Art › Art Sharing For All :)

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 2,075 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2793

@freedomwriter76 @princessachronicle22 @loopylin

I got this superlong watercolor sketchbook

へびは かっこいい です!

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2011

@mineralizedwritings

Oh, cool! I love them! (The drawings and the sketchbook)

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Whaley
        @whalekeeper
          • Total Posts: 2580

@mineralizedwritings

Cute!! 😛

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings

@whalekeeper

Thanks! XP

@loopylin

Thank you! 😀

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156

@mineralizedwritings love it, Min!!!! It looks amazing!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h
                • Total Posts: 3868

@mineralizedwritings Nice!!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings

@keilah-h @freedomwriter76

Thanks yall! <<3

へびは かっこいい です!

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12
                    • Total Posts: 6645

HEEEY!!!

so I’ll hopefully have a pic to post soon! I’ve been working on another round of Expressions with my charries and hopefully will finish the piece soon but I’m coming in here cuz I wanna XD

I kinda wanna start making Reference sheets…both for my writing and for my artwork, because I’ve gotten a lot of ideas for things I want to add to my characters in the series itself, as well as their art pieces when I draw them (Scars, physical markings, etc)

And I’m excited to do that but I’m also a bit scared.

Ive been tracing so far (but doing all the hair, outfits etc, myself) and I’ll still be tracing the boys layout, but full body is different then half-body, and adding new things like scars and markings is scary.

But honestly the hardest (or at least most intimidating) part for me sometimes is the hair.

Mostly, Grimm’s hair yall XD. Why?

Because I can’t decided on his hairdo, so I think I’ve decided it changes kinda from when he’s a bit younger to when he’s older in the series.

But the younger hairdo is like sooo hard for me to draw rn lol

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Joy
                    @dekreel
                      • Total Posts: 2304

ART SHARING TOPIC!!!! *claps excitedly* Let’s see if the website will let me post things…

Rats, it won’t. One day lol

You can pronounce it however you want.

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@godlyfantasy12 I traced for the longest time too! I’d get Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy comics at the library, pick out a character that was in an interesting pose, and draw them but add dragon wings/tails and stuff to them (usually the Marvel ones were flightless, dinosaur-like dragons actually).

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

Oh, by the way, I think it’s your turn to RP as Paxton in the character castle? Sorry if that sounds demanding, I just really want to see his reaction to Crosshair’s sudden appearance….lol, it probably won’t be good, poor timid Pax!

Will he recognize him?

GodlyFantasy12
                          @godlyfantasy12
                            • Total Posts: 6645

@keilah-h yea XD I just haven’t gotten around to it lol!! I’ll try to get to that tomorrow!!

btw..not entirely sure who to tag for this…?

@mineralizedwritings
                            @gwyndalf-the-wise (who are all our other artists on here?)

Anyway…I could use some advice even tho I guess in the long run what I’m really doing is just wanting to “rant”/talk about what I’m about to be doing but I’m gonna put it in question form so I don’t feel like an egotist XD XD

ANYWAY!!

I think I’m gonna do a “study” (by that I mean a page on my digital app lol) on drawing Nyx.

I really want/need to get better at drawing him/Fennec foxes, or his breed in general (since he isn’t technically a fennec fox but that is what he looks the most like)

Because I struggle so much with drawing them and animals…

So does anyone have any advice on how to get better at this?

I know using reference photos will help. But it still never comes out how I would like…

I think some of it too is I’ve found a picture that I’ve solely associated with Nyx, and I want to draw him like that (and I can’t draw like that XD) but also know I can’t like up and “steal” their design)

but then I also imagine him a different way sometimes? It depends lol. But anywaaay, I just need help drawing FOXES XD

they look soooo dumb when I draw theeeem.

Like the last one I drew looked great!!

but….

It looked more Furry Like…

And it didn’t really look like “Nyx”

Make sense? So yea….idk XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                            #ProtectMarcel
                            #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings

@godlyfantasy12

Lol I see! That’s pretty cool! I recently did a character sheet a bit like that (I think it was five mc’s on a page) But kp won’t let me post it boo hoo.

I must warn you, I LOVE talking about art, and I sometimes go overboard when asked for advice. So yeah, take what you want from this ramble lol. I think it’s great you’re drawing Nyx!

Drawing from reference is the best way to get better, but idk do you have a real method? Drawing from reference is a skill in and of itself that can take awhile to get good at. I’ve heard people call it ‘drawing what you see, not what you know’ because it’s hard to get your brain to switch. Like we all know humans have oval heads, so it’s hard to see anything else until you look closer. Some people learn to draw from reference by drawing from upsidedown references, because you have no previous memory of what it looks like, and it forces you to learn.

Using other people’s style for reference is great, it’s how I developed and continue to develop mine. If you learn how to draw foxes from realistic references (If you need help with proportions, look up a pic of a fox skeleton. You can use a oval for the basic ribcage and sticks for the bones as a basic structure.) Then you can look at what the artist you like changed (Maybe the head is bigger and more round? The tail is bigger? The whole thing has softer lines?) And you can try to adapt this into your drawings, instead of copying directly. With enough practice, you can adapt somebody else’s artistic features even if the character is in a completely different pose. Also youtube is great for animal drawing videos.

Hope that helps! Ik kp is being weird with pics, but we’d love to see it when you’re done!

へびは かっこいい です!

Whaley
                              @whalekeeper

@godlyfantasy12

Well I’m not entirely qualified but I’ve definitely gotten better at drawing since I drew Nyx for u… so… I’ll try giving advice? XD Animals aren’t really my thing, but I’m gonna guess they’re the same as humans in that… it takes practice (aaauuurgh). I’d say that’s number 1 advice, because if you’ve only just picked this up recently, it’s not going to look perfect, even on your twelfth try.

As for your problem with that ‘perfect’ picture of Nyx… I had kind of the same problem with Calvin. There was this drawing a favorite artist made of Percy Jackson (which I’d recommend reading if you haven’t already), and at first, it embodied what I though Cal would look like.

I sure as shootin’ hope that picture looks right, because I can’t tell from my end.

So what I did was take that inspiration, and think of ways that Cal was unique from this drawing. For example, Cal has a different body shape. He has a lot more hair volume. His skin is similar, but with more warmth. And his color scheme is different, with dark blue and copper. Then I drew him, and I was satisfied with what I made.

With Nyx, try to develop him away from the drawing. Ik it’s been a while since you’ve created him, so it’s harder to change him in any way, but once you don’t associate him with that drawing as much, it’ll be easier to accept your own drawings. Because you’re not comparing yourself to others as much, ya know?

OH OH OH, something that might be fun – find pictures of humans that look like what Nyx would look like, if he was a human! Humans have so many unique traits and expressions, that you could take inspo from.

Whaley
                                @whalekeeper

Aw shoot the pic didn’t show up

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 2,075 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >