Art Sharing For All :)

Home Page › Forums › Other Art Forms › Art › Art Sharing For All :)

Viewing 15 posts - 4,291 through 4,305 (of 4,307 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #213744
    Ruth
    @rae
      • Rank: Chosen One
      • Total Posts: 4769

      @whalekeeper

      That would make sense. I’m very familiar with my house and it also has a lot of furniture and items, not to mention tile floors that probably make it easier for me to get my bearings. I should try wearing an eyepatch in public then I think. The experiment would be worth the risk explaining to people why on earth I’d be wearing an eyepatch when I have a fully working eye lol. I now need to design and sew the exact one Baron has so i can match XD.

       

      Gabriel: *keeping his hand steady in the middle as before* Lucy, would you like me to try to win?

       

       

      Pfp drawn by Surpent on Unvale. I'm a little obsessed so it's over here now.

      #213745
      whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Rank: Chosen One
        • Total Posts: 6059

        @rae

        Oh cool, it’s a jellyfish merfolk!! I really like it! Looks very important, perhaps aristocratic, or just a little flamboyant.

        It would be cool to have a jellyfish merfolk puppet on strings.

        ...

        #213746
        Ruth
        @rae
          • Rank: Chosen One
          • Total Posts: 4769

          @whalekeeper

          Looks very important, perhaps aristocratic,

          Interesting. They’re often considered nobility actually. The one in the drawing herself is a queen who has reversed her age so many times she has extended her lifespan beyond what should be possible even for her kind. Yes, I have worldbuilding already XD.

          Pfp drawn by Surpent on Unvale. I'm a little obsessed so it's over here now.

          #213747
          whaley
          @whalekeeper
            • Rank: Chosen One
            • Total Posts: 6059

            @rae

            So the queen is an immortal jellyfish? Like the actual species?

             

            Lucy: “Yeah. But don’t be fast. You have to let me practice. I’m going to beat you when I’m grown up.”

            ...

            #213748
            Elishavet Elroi
            @elishavet-pidyon
              • Rank: Chosen One
              • Total Posts: 2114

              I love the art but was planning on responding later when I actually had time, but this… This spoke to my soul.

              Art isn’t easy, that’s for sure. For every good drawing I make, there’s an abomination.

              Still a ChaosGremlin™ on the inside.

              #213751
              Ruth
              @rae
                • Rank: Chosen One
                • Total Posts: 4769

                @whalekeeper

                So the queen is an immortal jellyfish? Like the actual species?

                Her design is more based off the pacific sea nettle, but I decided that the ability to reverse their ages for Cnidfolk is more like a gift than limited to a certain bloodline

                 

                Gabriel: *Pushing her hand back an inch* I bet you will.

                Pfp drawn by Surpent on Unvale. I'm a little obsessed so it's over here now.

                #213752
                Keilah H.
                @keilah-h
                  • Rank: Chosen One
                  • Total Posts: 7125

                  @rae honestly a jellyfish-creature is a super cool idea. She looks like she’s wearing a dress.

                   

                  Although, what do the guys look like of this species? Do they also look like they’ve got dresses? or are they more like some other related species?

                  Gerald handled that. You don’t question Gerald. (if you know you know)

                  #213753
                  whaley
                  @whalekeeper
                    • Rank: Chosen One
                    • Total Posts: 6059

                    @rae

                    So they die by ways other than old age?

                     

                    Lucy: *Pushes as hard as she can, arm shaking, slowly losing inch by inch* *The more she loses, the more her eyes blaze with excitement*

                    ...

                    #213759
                    Ruth
                    @rae
                      • Rank: Chosen One
                      • Total Posts: 4769

                      @keilah-h

                      Although, what do the guys look like of this species? Do they also look like they’ve got dresses? or are they more like some other related species?

                      I decided the men of Cnidfolk especially are even more rare than the women mainly to avoid this question a little better. I do have a drawing I did for a thing on Unvale that i don’t like so much now that depicts a guy that could be used as a concept.

                      See, the problem is, jellyfish propel themselves using their bell. The one in this kinda awful drawing is it’s too small to add any propulsion. Maybe their tentacles could swirl around, for lack of a better way to say that, but idk.

                       

                      I’m still trying to think of what I’d prefer and what would actually work.

                       


                      @whalekeeper

                      No, they can die of old age. To reverse their age, they need special conditions. If those conditions are not met, it’s impossible for them to use their ability. The queen in the picture has artificially created these conditions for years.

                       

                      Gabriel: *Trying not to smile at how amused he was by her attempts* C’mon, I know you can push my hand back at least to where it was. You’re stronger than you look Lucy.

                      Pfp drawn by Surpent on Unvale. I'm a little obsessed so it's over here now.

                      #213762
                      whaley
                      @whalekeeper
                        • Rank: Chosen One
                        • Total Posts: 6059

                        @rae

                        Lucy: *Tries harder and manages to push their hands back into a tie*

                        ...

                        #213763
                        Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h
                          • Rank: Chosen One
                          • Total Posts: 7125

                          @rae

                          I decided the men of Cnidfolk especially are even more rare than the women mainly to avoid this question a little better. I do have a drawing I did for a thing on Unvale that i don’t like so much now that depicts a guy that could be used as a concept.

                          ahhh makes sense.

                          Gerald handled that. You don’t question Gerald. (if you know you know)

                          #213841
                          Ruth
                          @rae
                            • Rank: Chosen One
                            • Total Posts: 4769

                            Terry and Alpha

                            Pfp drawn by Surpent on Unvale. I'm a little obsessed so it's over here now.

                            #213843
                            HighScribe
                            @highscribeofaetherium
                              • Rank: Chosen One
                              • Total Posts: 2794

                              @rae

                              That is so cool. You did an amazing job.

                              Exit pursued by bear

                              #213844
                              Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h
                                • Rank: Chosen One
                                • Total Posts: 7125

                                @rae oh my gosh that looks AWESOME

                                Gerald handled that. You don’t question Gerald. (if you know you know)

                                #213846
                                whaley
                                @whalekeeper
                                  • Rank: Chosen One
                                  • Total Posts: 6059

                                  @rae

                                  Your colors are great!! Your practicing has really payed off.

                                  ...

                                Viewing 15 posts - 4,291 through 4,305 (of 4,307 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >