Art Sharing For All :)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Art Sharing For All :)

Viewing 15 posts - 2,416 through 2,430 (of 2,472 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 4721

@highscribeofaetherium 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2972

@rae

Oh my goodness you drew my charrie??! 😭😭💛

It looks so great!! Thank you!

Sorry it took me so long to reply, life’s been a lot lately lol.

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings

@elishavet-pidyon

AWWW it’s my favorite 😭😭 he looks so sweet

Elishavet Elroi
          @elishavet-pidyon
            • Total Posts: 1056

@ellette-giselle

Thank you! I’m glad you like it. 🙂 It was fun to try to draw from my head, although I ended up needing reference pictures for his eyes because he kept looking scared. XD And Faramir should not be scared.

@keilah-h

Thank you! Yes, he is described in the book as Westernese: tall, raven-black haired, grey eyed, and noble of bearing. Personality wise he is both scholarly and deeply compassionate, yet a fell warrior that risks his life challenging the servants of darkness.

Anyway, I obviously couldn’t capture all that, but I tried to draw how I imagine the hobbits see him. 🙂

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Elishavet Elroi
            @elishavet-pidyon

@mineralizedwritings

Aw, thank you! 😁 It’s your favorite? I feel like I was just handed a medal.

The photo quality kinda softened his face, but I still agree. He’s such a fun character. He’s almost as much a walking paradox as Aragorn. XD

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings

@elishavet-pidyon

Aw, thank you! 😁 It’s your favorite? I feel like I was just handed a medal.

Faramir is my favorite lotr boy and nobody can change my mind 🥰

The photo quality kinda softened his face, but I still agree. He’s such a fun character. He’s almost as much a walking paradox as Aragorn. XD

yesss I love him 😭 I love Aragorn too though! XD

Elishavet Elroi
                @elishavet-pidyon

@mineralizedwritings

Yes! We just listened to the chapter with him and Eowyn, and I just kept crying and laughing.

*Insert a five page essay on sorrow and love and joy and how they are not mutually exclusive*

*Insert random squeaking noises of happiness*

Yeah… Aragorn/Strider is one of the reasons Faramir is not my only favorite. 😉

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings

@elishavet-pidyon

Yess… I was freaking out at that chapter. I felt like I was in a dream XDXD

I can’t believe what they cut from the movie of them! That chapter was the completion of Eowyn’s arc, and cutting it out made it seem like her arc ended at the triumph over the Nuzgal, which is really wrong. Her arc isn’t about war, but healing. And they cut the healing. I know they can’t include everything lol, but it was important to me. Is this your first time reading/listening to the books?

Elishavet Elroi
                    @elishavet-pidyon

@mineralizedwritings

Excactly! It’s so sweet, but not sugary sweet, you know? If it’s not in there, then half her character is left out (the real Eowyn, in fact) It’s a neat turn on illustrating healing and hope that really brings a lot of light into the story.

I think it’s my second time to read/listen to the Return of the King. I read the trilogy a few years ago, and then randomly read parts from the first and second books (specifically the scene where they meet Strider). With all the side plots I had forgotten the details of, the story still felt fresh.

How many times have you read/listened to it?

Also, I think those interconnected side plots like the Stewardship drama and Eowyn’s story are what really keeps the books from dragging on too long. If it was just destroying a ring, it would need to be just one book, maybe two. (Not 6 books in three volumes)

Ellette Giselle
                      @ellette-giselle
                        • Total Posts: 1072

@keilah-h

um… only ranger horses. I’ve never had a horse throw me.

@mineralizedwritings

I can’t believe what they cut from the movie of them! That chapter was the completion of Eowyn’s arc, and cutting it out made it seem like her arc ended at the triumph over the Nuzgal, which is really wrong. Her arc isn’t about war, but healing. And they cut the healing. I know they can’t include everything lol, but it was important to me

I think they cut that because they were trying to push the single female warrior is just as good or better then the men. 😖😠

they have this one scene in the extended edition that is odd where Faramir walks up and kisses or hugs her. It’s pretty strange and out of the blue.

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@elishavet-pidyon @ellette-giselle

(Tagging you both bc I didn’t realized until adding the tags these replies were from two people so I wrote it in one post 😂)

Also, I think those interconnected side plots like the Stewardship drama and Eowyn’s story are what really keeps the books from dragging on too long. If it was just destroying a ring, it would need to be just one book, maybe two. (Not 6 books in three volumes)

Yes this!! It added so much to the series. I was a little bored of Frodo’s story besides the ending of it.

I read it for the first time this last summer, and watched all the movies. I’ve seen the extended’s of all but the two towers.

Maybe. It seems like a odd thing to cut for time, if you fully understand it’s importance. They cut other things from the book, so I understand them trying to save time. I changes the story though :/

I think people who just watch the movies will come out of it with a different message, one that’s much more generic than her actual story, which is a really unique take.

Oh, that scene lol. I love that scene so much but it’s because the books are fresh in my mind and to me are one and the same with the movies in many ways. In my head, I’d already watched all their friendship developing, even though I didn’t see it on the screen. I think one of the reasons their story is cut is because it’s a story that speaks to more sensitive people. Aragorn looks cool on screen to everyone, and everyone understands why he and Arwen want to be together. Faramir has a heart of gold, but it’s probably not something the casual watcher takes note of (Especially bc they changed him and left out some of the scenes that made him him). Same with Eowyn, the end of her arc is something some people (those who understand the effort to come out of grief) will resonate more with than others. I wouldn’t be surprised if the people who made the movie just didn’t like their story as much as we do, or didn’t understand it’s impact.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk on why we need more accurate Eowyn and Faramir. XD

whaley
                          @whalekeeper
                            • Total Posts: 3141

Interesting discussion, points taken XD

I will go out on a limb and say that I have high respect for the movies despite their treatment of Eowyn and Faramir. There is some insane dedication in the directing, special effects, and actors which really speaks for how much the movie makers respected the source material. LotR got extremely lucky with its adaptations and not a lot of book-to-movies can say the same.

“Everything is a mountain”

Elishavet Elroi
                            @elishavet-pidyon

@mineralizedwritings

*applause*

Gentle warriors for the win! I am now inspired to write better representations of gentleness, purpose, and grief. We need unique turns on these topics.

I think one of the reasons their story is cut is because it’s a story that speaks to more sensitive people. Aragorn looks cool on screen to everyone, and everyone understands why he and Arwen want to be together. Faramir has a heart of gold, but it’s probably not something the casual watcher takes note of (Especially bc they changed him and left out some of the scenes that made him him).

True. True. Ironically, the two are actually very similar in the books. Different, yet also alike.

Same with Eowyn, the end of her arc is something some people (those who understand the effort to come out of grief) will resonate more with than others. I wouldn’t be surprised if the people who made the movie just didn’t like their story as much as we do, or didn’t understand it’s impact.

Good point. It’s a topic that makes the invincible characters suddenly human, so you’d think they’d jump on it, but then again you have to recognize it first.

(I haven’t seen the movies, and it will probably be a long time before I do, if ever.)

*Looks at my characters*

One day your arcs will be just as profound, your trials bittersweet, your stories actually written…. But this is not that day.

Elishavet Elroi
                              @elishavet-pidyon

@whalekeeper

Aaiii! Save us, it’s a film lover!

*Strangled gasp of horror*

Just kidding. I do understand that, and I have heard of some fantastic things they did with the adaptions, including splendid character interactions and even deviations from the books that actually made the plot more family friendly. Like cutting out the barrow weights, which is an incredibly creepy part of the books that I still do not like.

Part of me really wants to see the movies, since they are touted as being so accurate and fantastic, while another part of me clenches my mental images close and growls protectively. It’s how I am with every book I read, (especially Narnia, hehe). I lost my black haired, green eyed Legolas to a friend’s fanfic, what’s next?!

*audible pain*

freedom
                                @freed_and_redeemed
                                  • Total Posts: 658

@elishavet-pidyon I like it!

What is strength?
                                  Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,416 through 2,430 (of 2,472 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >