Art Sharing For All :)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Art Sharing For All :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1,891 through 1,905 (of 2,075 total)
  • Author
    Whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Total Posts: 2623

*Looks back and OFFICIALLY decides he needs a redraw already* Okay people, I’mma fix my mistakes and go for something a little grounded, because boy did I mess up on some of the proportions. Hopefully I will be able to repent of some of my actions.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

RAE
      @rae
        • Total Posts: 3013

@whalekeeper

MARCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He’s sooooooo cute!

We need to rescue him in the Modern/Fantasy AU RP.

Whaley
        @whalekeeper
          • Total Posts: 2623

@rae

Yes!! XD

I also loved drawing this pose; a good chunk of the story takes place near a beach and I picture Mars going crazy in a pool fight XD

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2801

@calyhuge

I hope yall don’t mind me busting in here, but I feel like some sort of miscommunication happened and I couldn’t just stand by lol…

*looks back at page 123*

YIKES THAT’S A VERY–

Wait, that’s supposed to be Hugo? To be frank, it looks like a girl. Disturbingly so. Sorry, honesty. Also looks just a little creepy. Just gut reaction.

When I first saw this I thought you were being straight up rude and was considering coming to defend lol. I sat on it over night and realized… maybe you were trying to voice that you were uncomfortable with something Whaley drew? Is that right? Because it’s totally fine to bring that up, we all have different things were ok with. You might need to make it a little more clear though if that’s what you were going for, I thought you just didn’t like her art the first time I read that. (And I mean maybe that is what happened, idk.)

@whalekeeper

Pls pls pls never apologize for the fact you’re still trying to find your style!! I know it takes time and you shouldn’t feel bad about that! Also, chibi style guys is a challenge.

At the same time though I wouldn’t post something you intend to look creepy. 😂 The forum age starts at 13 and some people are super sensitive XD

へびは かっこいい です!

Scoutillus Finch
            @scoutfinch180
              • Total Posts: 413

@loopylin

I love that! she’s so cute! I like your use of color! Is this meant to be a regular outfit?

@whalekeeper

Marcel looks good! he has a clear design that is easy to recognize, which is super important with comic characters (if you’re doing that, or if it’s an illustration or just a design from a description in a non-visual medium it’s still pretty vital) I think that Marcel’s feminine/youthful appearance is largely how soft his face appears, if you wish to rectify this, you could add a little weight to his brows, and make his chin more square instead of making it pointed. think this \_/ versus this \/ … if that makes sense lol.

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 375

@whalekeeper don’t get me wrong, drawing is cool. If creepy is what you’re going for, you did it, but it was just very jarring, contrasting that picture with my mental picture of Hugo. Sorry! It’s very hard to not make what I’m saying misunderstood when it’s not in person 😢

@mineralizedwritings
                 Yeah, totally not trying to offend anyone here, especially not someone who at least tries. There are so many people that just don’t even try to create, and bad turnouts are part of the process of creating good turnouts. I should know about bad drawings: I made the absolute worst-of-all-time drawing of my main characters and everytime I looked at it I cringed and had to look away, to the point where I just tried to fix it. Didn’t really work. I should probably just burn it at this point ngl 😂 And that was my gut reaction, my immediate thoughts. I probably should have thought about it a little bit more before sending it.

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings
                  • Total Posts: 2801

@calyhuge

I get that online communication is kinda hard! Generally I think what we do here is only offer negative feedback if the person asked for it, and it’s constructive. For instance, if I posted a drawing saying, ‘How could I improve this?’ then you would be totally encouraged to reply with something like, ‘I think the eyes are to small, and maybe the legs are too long?’ that’s actually very helpful! But if the person doesn’t ask for feedback (This generally goes for writing and art) usually we only say positive stuff to not discourage people.

If creepy is what you’re going for, you did it, but it was just very jarring, contrasting that picture with my mental picture of Hugo. Sorry! It’s very hard to not make what I’m saying misunderstood when it’s not in person 😢

I get that. You could just be like , ‘wow that’s so different from how I imagined Hugo!’ it doesn’t need to be clear whether you like it or not. Unless the art made you uncomfortable and you thought maybe it wasn’t appropriate for the site, in that situation you are always ok to speak up.

Don’t worry about it too much, I know some people immediately adapt to online and others take some time!

へびは かっこいい です!

Scoutillus Finch
                  @scoutfinch180

Scoutillus Finch
                    @scoutfinch180

Scoutillus Finch
                      @scoutfinch180

I finally figured out how to post these! I just finished them the other day and they’re meant to be companion paintings.

Lydibug
                        @lydibug
                          • Total Posts: 100

@ava-blue I love the moose!

Happy unbirthday every one!
                          "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME..."

Lydibug
                          @lydibug
                            • Total Posts: 100

@loopylin ahh! I just so your drawing of Eddie, and it’s so cute!

Happy unbirthday every one!
                            "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME..."

LoopyLin
                            @loopylin
                              • Total Posts: 2051

@scoutfinch180

Whoa those are really cool and have really pretty colors. Is it Artemis and Apollo?

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

LoopyLin
                              @loopylin
                                • Total Posts: 2051

@lydibug

Thanks!

@scoutfinch180

Is this meant to be a regular outfit?

Yes, for now. She also has her spacesuit that she wears sometimes. I’ve been struggling with trying to make a outfit that looks sci-fi but is also cute and playful and fits her personality.

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

RAE
                                @rae
                                  • Total Posts: 3013

@whalekeeper

I can totally see that XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1,891 through 1,905 (of 2,075 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >