Anyone know anything about Kindle Villa?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Publishing & Platform Anyone know anything about Kindle Villa?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

Hey, guys!

I just found out Amazon Kindle is coming out with a reading program similar to Radish or Wattpad called “Kindle Villa”, where you can get paid for readers reading your novels.

That being said, does anyone have anything they’d like to share about it? (Questions are welcome too!)

@gracie-j
      @devastate-lasting @nova21 @joy-caroline @anyone-who-wants-to @nanisnook @ribbonash @I’m-forgetting-people-sorry @abigail-m

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Daisy Torres.

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Natalie C.
      @nanisnook
        • Total Posts: 154

@daisy-torres
        Woah, that is so cool!! Thanks for letting me know! I don’t have anything ready yet, but that is definitely a goal to work toward.

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@daisy-torres I did a tad bit of research on it, seems like Amazon used to try a thing where they did a serialized novel thing but it failed miserably.

Right now it seems that sites like Wattpad, Tapas, Webnovel, Webtoon, and a million other sites are growing, which is why Amazon is trying this new thing. Apparently the first few episodes are free and you have to pay for the rest of them. Personally, this would kind of deter me from reading there, as I’m used to a Webtoon style unlocking format, where all episodes are free except for very new ones.

For me, I’m not really looking to earn money by serialising works, I’d much rather find a readerbase, which is probably why I’m going to stick to sites with already big readerbases. But if Kindle Vella proves to be a success, I’ll probably try it, yeah!

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Daisy Torres
          @daisy-torres

@nanisnook Absolutely!!

@devastate-lasting
            Oh really? I didn’t know that.

Yeah that makes sense! I tried doing Wattpad a few years back, and I got fairly big, but I ended up closing my account because it ended up taking too much of my time and kind of stressing me out, but I’m hoping I’ll have better luck with scheduling my posts. Idk, we’ll see XD

I’m also hoping that, since it’s amazon, it’ll be a huge thing quickly, and if I can get my novel up with the first ones before it officially opens, maybe it’ll grow better? I may have to look into Radish/Webtoon some day!

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Gracie J.
            @gracie-j
              • Total Posts: 1789

@daisy-torres What Linyang said. XD

But I’m actually looking into doing it, yeah, since I’m already published through KDP and would love to try out serials (I’m doing one on my blog, but it’d be cool to make a little off of one, you know?) I’m not sure how successful it’ll be, so I’ll probably wait and see while I get some stories together. If it flops, I can stick with the blog serials! 😉

But it does sound like something really fun to try out!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin
              @not-so-secret-secret-assassin
                • Total Posts: 133

@daisy-torres

Sounds preeetty epic, not even I would pay to read my own writing.

Flawless and handsome (as ruled by my grandmother.)

Daisy Torres
                @daisy-torres

@gracie-j Yeah see that’s what I was thinking. I think it’ll be big though (probably, but that’s just imo lol) since we’re talking about amazon, and so many other sites like it have become huge! I uploaded the first five chapters+prologue of The Art of Deception, so I guess we’ll see come July XD

One thing I slightly bummed on though is the fact that they don’t have at least the option of a comment section so that writers have the chance to interact with their audience. I think that would really boost sales.

Daisy Torres
                  @daisy-torres

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin Aww XD We can often be our own worst critics at times, especially in the writing world. I’m sure your writing can’t be any worse than the time I started to absent-mindedly write “Okay, we need to follow the menu. First, we need to find the shrimp” which had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the scene, which was a prison jailbreak XD (In my defense though, I was falling asleep and I think my brain must have been hungry…)

ella
                    @nova21
                      • Total Posts: 604

@daisy-torres

Never heard of it…  but I’ll read your stuff for you so you can make some moneys!!! 😃❤

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                      -gladiator, 2000

Daisy Torres
                      @daisy-torres

@nova21 Ooo thanks a bunch!! (But I totally understand if you don’t. The readers have to pay money to “buy” chapters, so it wouldn’t actually be free for you outside of the first three chapters haha. Thannk you thoughh <3)

Gracie J.
                        @gracie-j

@daisy-torres I think so too! OH! I’ll have to read it!! Let me know how it goes!

Ah, yes. I agree. *sigh* One perk to having it on your blog.

Daisy Torres
                          @daisy-torres

@gracie-j Aw, thanks!! I’ll definitely check yours out if you ever put yours up as well! Just let me know when you do XD

Hahaha that is true XD Do you have a decent audience with doing that?

Gracie J.
                            @gracie-j

@daisy-torres You’re welcome! Awesome! I will!

Eh, so-so. I get between 15 and 30 views each post…I do hope to take the story down, edit it, and publish it as a novella once I finish, though.

Daisy Torres
                              @daisy-torres

@gracie-j Oo, that’s not horrible though! I might need to play with that some day!

Gracie J.
                                @gracie-j

@daisy-torres I’ve been enjoying it, for sure. Might be something to try out if Kindle Vella goes kaput!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >