You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

You know you’re a writer when, as you’re playing solitaire, you’re forming a story idea in your mind about four kingdoms who were scattered apart by enemies, and are forced to cooperate and work together to rebuild them

You can pronounce it however you want.

Joy
      @dekreel

@ariella-newheart

You know you’re a writer when you hear about someone else’s experiences and think: “Hey! I can make a character like that!”

All the time. Can’t keep up with it 😛

Skredder
        @skredder
          • Total Posts: 527

@dekreel Oh my gosh! I did that but with a chess game. Well, sort of. I wrote a short story from the point of view of the chess pieces. I thought it was funny at the time. Needs a lot of polishing now.

You know you’re a writer when you see a stranger with a cast and proceed to come up with fifty stories of how they got the cast.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Joy
          @dekreel

@skredder  Haha! My sibling and I used to play with the chess pieces like that! Give them voices and all that jazz X)

Bella B.
            @ashlyvye
              • Total Posts: 96

You know you’re a writer when you’re cleaning dishes, your sister walks past you and into the hallway, then comes back to you and says ‘You’re such a writer’ in a serious, yet somehow funny voice.

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

NC Stokes
              @daughteroftheking
                • Total Posts: 1156

You know you are a writer when you recognize That Sinking Feeling That Can Only Mean One Thing: Your WIP is turning into Lord of the Rings again.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Mallory O’Bier
                @overcomer
                  • Total Posts: 550

You know you’re a writer when you’re watching a murder mystery with your family and you say something like, “Wouldn’t it be interesting if they switched places because no one would know the difference…” unwittingly revealing the key to the entire mystery before the murder even takes place.  :/

Aislinn Mollisong
                  @aislinn-mollisong
                    • Total Posts: 445

You know you’re a writer when your Pinterest account is 2% normal stuff like recipes and hairstyles, 15% funny things, LOTR, and Star Wars, and 83% You Know You’re a Writer When memes, cool names, inspiration pictures of your MCs, swordfighting tips, and lists of underused fantasy animals.

You know you’re a writer when you assure your siblings that Kanan Jarrus didn’t actually die because “I know how these people’s minds work. They’ll bring him back.” but you’re not completely sure.

You know you’re a writer when you read the Story Thieves series and think James Riley is both a genius and a criminal mastermind bent on breaking the fourth wall and starting a fictional character revolution.

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
                    https://forums.theaetherli

Alia
                    @alia
                      • Total Posts: 1253

@aislinn-mollisong…you better not have been talking about rebels!!!!! if so…i will find you, and i will force you to build a time machine that will take you back in time and never write that so that I didn’t have to keep a spoiler from my sisters tonight

WIP - Decisions
                      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Aislinn Mollisong
                      @aislinn-mollisong
                        • Total Posts: 445

@alia Oops……I may have been???

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
                        https://forums.theaetherli

Catwing
                        @catwing
                          • Total Posts: 2557

@aislinn-mollisong ditto on the third one. Then I read the prologue at the end of book three and the acknowledgement page. *shivers* It was slightly relieving. Slightly.
                          The beginning was creepy though. At least for a writer. 😛 (normal readers probably don’t get freaked out as much.)

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Joy
                          @dekreel

You know you’re a writer when you’re looking back on the old ’80s Doctor Who episodes that you used to ABSOLUTELY LOVE several months ago, and now you’re shaking your head going, “This is so cliche…”

(Not that I don’t love them anymore… 😉 )

SleepwalkingMK
                            @sleepwalkingmk
                              • Total Posts: 179

@dekreel Yessss! I do that too, but more with books o_o My family’s reading an older book right now, and I drive everyone nuts by pointing out cliches and plot holes 😛

You know you’re a writer-reader when you’ve read more of your writer friends’ books than published ones.

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Skredder
                              @skredder
                                • Total Posts: 527

You know you’re a writer when you kill a character and your family gets mad at you and you say, “It’s not my fault they were executed…despite me being the one who wrote it.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Ben Powell
                                @supermonkey42
                                  • Total Posts: 273

You know you’re a writer when you’re rambling on about the theme of a movie you just watched and you mention a certain character…and then realize your family doesn’t even know who you’re talking about.

A Kapeefer for life!
                                  Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >