You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1330

You know you’re a writer when you read a book and think, “If only I had gotten to that idea first!”
      You know you’re a writer when you watch a movie and think, “Why didn’t they write a book instead of a movie for that?

TheAcornman
      @theacornman
        • Total Posts: 125

You know you’re a writer when you walk past someone and wonder what dark secrets they hide. And before you know it you’ve come up with a new character for your WIP.

That one English guy.

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper
          • Total Posts: 3515

This doesn’t have to do with being a writer, but the problems I have as a writer when I have a writer fail moment.
          ME: What color hair does this character have?
          SIBLING: I don’t know. Depending on the scene, it varies from black to blonde.

XD I’ve never had a character who can change hair color from scene to scene.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Aislinn Mollisong
          @aislinn-mollisong
            • Total Posts: 445

You know you’re a writer when….
            If your characters knew what kind of trouble you were planning for them, they would move to someone else’s WIP and be a flat, unimportant villager with no purpose whatsoever.

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
            https://forums.theaetherli

NC Stokes
            @daughteroftheking
              • Total Posts: 1156

You know you’re a writer when your mom says, “Look! I’ve found a notebook of stuff you wrote years ago!” and you wonder if you can possibly hide/incinerate it fast enough so that no one reads it.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Catwing
              @catwing
                • Total Posts: 2557

You know you’re a writer when no one wants to even be a random person in your book because you will pull them into the mayhem you have made. Even though you just described them or had them say a few unimportant lines like, ‘Can I please see your card?”.
                *wonders if said character will get his own book…* Probably not. Poor Harvey.
                You know you’re a writer when if your dimension traveling character knew more of her past she would dimension travel to your dimension to make her stop running around figuring for her past. And you would have to draw a chart… So you block your dimension. Take that! Ha! Now that villian that is like Moriarty can’t get in here.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

You know you’re a writer when you can’t watch a movie without going: “Hey that looks like ____{fill in the blank}”

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Corissa Maiden of Praise
                  @corissa-maiden-of-praise
                    • Total Posts: 256

@daughteroftheking Oh, c’mon, it can’t be that bad… XD I was just looking through a fantasy novel I wrote when I was 8, and one line was, “We don’t want to go there looking like we been fighting with a baby squirrel!” XD

@catwing
                    The Kingdom thanks thee for protecting us from thy devious villain. *bows* *bestows some sort of fitting honor upon you*

@dragon-snapper
                    YES. So glad I’m not the only who does that. (also, in real life too… which can be really weird, because then you want to stare at them and study them, but you have enough self-consciousness left to realize that’s rude, so you’re unsure what to do… 😛 )
                    You know you’re a writer if you type “wiki” into your search engine, and the first options it lists are the wikipedia pages for “Bothrops Atrox” “Cholera” and “Emperor Scorpion.”
                    My poor characters. XD

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Catwing
                    @catwing
                      • Total Posts: 2557

@corissa-maiden-of-praise You are most welcome.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Vanna
                      @vanna
                        • Total Posts: 48

You know you’re a writer when you were SO READY to finally finish your WIP…only to feel a bit lost now that you don’t have a big project to work on anymore.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Vanna.
                        Kylie
                        @kballen
                          • Total Posts: 65

You know you are a writer when you look up when watches where invented

Harry Potter forever!!!!

Aislinn Mollisong
                          @aislinn-mollisong
                            • Total Posts: 445

You know you’re a writer when…

Your character has a broken arm, so you walk around with your arm wrapped in a 20 foot bandage to see what a cast feels like.

One of your characters is blind, so you spend a day blindfolded.

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
                            https://forums.theaetherli

Joy Schmidt
                            @joy-schmidt
                              • Total Posts: 37

You know you’re a writer when you spend lots of money on “writing” music. Also when you scour YouTube for that perfect character song…

NC Stokes
                              @daughteroftheking
                                • Total Posts: 1156

@corissa-maiden-of-praise I always look like I’ve been fighting with a baby squirrel. It’s a fashion statement. Yeah, some of it isn’t as bad as I expect. You know, like the epic saga (complete with illustrations!!) of a man and his cat who were being chased by a land-dwelling shark, and were saved from being trapped in ice (not by the shark, ironically) by a sentient boat. Or the story of the blue cat who was actually green. (Don’t try to make sense of it. Just don’t.)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by NC Stokes.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Anne of Lothlorien
                                @anne-of-lothlorien
                                  • Total Posts: 440

@joy-schmidt YOU’RE HERE?! WELCOME AND THRICE WELCOME TO THE BESTIEST PLACE ON EARTH!

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >