You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Emily D
    @emily-d
      • Total Posts: 168

@JaynieCatgirl08 You know you’re a writer when…you always get plot ideas just before you start going to sleep, and when you think up perfect characters in the shower. (Guilty on both accounts.) You know you’re a writer when you observe random things intently for no particular reason, while everybody wonders why you’re so riveted about and staring at a seemingly “normal” action or event. You know you’re a writer when you realise that nothing is truly “normal” (why do so many people just NOT get this???). You probably realise this because there has never been a “normal” person that is passionate about writing…

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

JaynieCatgirl08
      @jayniecatgirl08
        • Total Posts: 38

you know your a writer when you have to turn your light on in the middle of the night because you had an idea and have to write it down. (much to the annoyance of your bird)
        @emily d well said XD

NC Stokes
        @daughteroftheking
          • Total Posts: 1156

@Emily-D yes! All the time!
          You know you’re a writer when you imagine your computer saying, “No! Not another Word document, please!” as you open your seven-billionth Word document.

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Anne of Lothlorien
          @anne-of-lothlorien
            • Total Posts: 440

You know you’re a writer when you learn you’re going to a concert, and your first thought is, “Great, two hours of wonderful background noise while I muse over idea for my novel”

(I am not that fond of concerts, really. I’m more into music with words. And these songs don’t have any.)

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Emily D
            @emily-d

@JaynieCatgirl08 @DaughterOfTheKing I’m glad that you agree with me…Yes! I’m sometimes a very spontaneous person, and I love writing novel ideas down, perhaps because it makes me feel so smart that I have thought of a story possibility with my little brain. That feeling does not always last. 😉 Okay, so:

You know you’re a writer when you’re reading a book and re-examine the whole page, thinking of how you could’ve written it better. How vain. 😛

You know you’re a writer when you start staring at random people, thinking of how you can make them into amazing characters.

You know you’re a writer when you start relating friends’ or acquaintances’ names to your characters’ names when they have similar/matching names (hopefully they don’t have the same name as your antagonist’s).

JaynieCatgirl08
              @jayniecatgirl08

you know your a writer when…
                you keep a few notebooks by your bedside and run like crazy to it every hour or so

Emily D
                @emily-d

@JaynieCatgirl08 This habit absolutely Drives. Me. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JaynieCatgirl08
                  @jayniecatgirl08

@emily-d
                    <nods like crazy>

Anne of Lothlorien
                    @anne-of-lothlorien

You know you’re a writer when you get excited because someone started a book recommendations thread for their own use but you’re going to use all the suggestions for yourself.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper
                        • Total Posts: 3515

@anne-of-lothlorien *gasp* How selfish! Why, the most humble dragon on earth would never do that!
                        😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anne of Lothlorien
                        @anne-of-lothlorien

@dragon-snapper Well, I did leave some book suggestions for her. Four. I’m just looking forward to other people’s recommendations.
                          Would a dragon not do that due to her code of honor, or the fact that her talons are too big to press the laptop keys?

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper

@anne-of-lothlorien 😐 … Code of honor, of course *glancing back at a pile of melting chairs and phones*

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anne of Lothlorien
                            @anne-of-lothlorien

@dragon-snapper The only hesitation I shall have about getting a phone when I’m older is you melting it.

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper

@anne-of-lothlorien Don’t worry. They have insurance for it… It cost about 1,000,000 dollars each month. 😀 (the company usually thinks that only dragons need it, and so they charge that much because dragons have hoards of gold.)

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anne of Lothlorien
                                @anne-of-lothlorien

But if they charge that much, your treasure will soon be depleted. Unless you melt phones enough so that the insurance you get paid is higher in amount. @dragon-snapper

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >