Truly Lost our Minds

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Truly Lost our Minds

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@filewriterbase13x I’d love to be in the story! 🙂  Okay, I added a section in my character profile on the CSC that should explain pretty clearly what type of stories I don’t want to be included in.  You can check that out and if you have any questions I’d be happy to answer them.  However, if it gets too complicated and you have characters you want to add which don’t align with my beliefs, no worries, and just leave me out, okay? 😉

@ariel-ashira
      As I said above, I added a section in my profile about magic and stuff, but I also added a part clarifying to check my profile in your character’s profile, sort of like Dekreel did originally…um, I’m not sure if I’m making sense…so could you check out the CSC and see if there’s anything else you want clarified, or if you want me to leave you out of that section?  (I have editing power on the CSC, partly because Dekreel’s on hiatus.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

NC Stokes
      @daughteroftheking
        • Total Posts: 1156

@filewriterbase13x Hooray!! I love KP lit!! *streamers rain down on the whole thread* I don’t feel strongly about being a character, but if you need a tiger in it, Reggie volunteers! He’s my guard tiger that protects me from the various hazards of being a writer. He’s a little odd, very involuntary and concise. (that’s how he describes himself, for reasons only a tiger could understand. 😛 I would describe him as loyal and brave and always after a snack.) He’s in the CSC as well.

@that_writer_girl_99
        Hybrid types unite!!! *double high fives with way too much enthusiasm*

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Ariel Ashira
        @ariel-ashira
          • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine Thats awesome.  And since I am unable to edit my profile could you add that I can sing and that Im only afraid of dragons until I get to know them? 🙂

"In a mask, was he?"

filewriter@base13x
          @filewriterbase13x
            • Total Posts: 110

A Kingdom Pen Adventure: Truly Lost our Minds

By

The File Writer of Base 13x (@filewriterbase13x)

Part 1: A Place for Inspiration

The thunder crashed through the sky, followed by a flash of light. Rain. I usually loved the rain, but not today. I had a grudge against rain today. Just as I had yesterday and the day before and the day before that.

“Ugh.” I complained, even though there was no one to listen. “Rain. Rain, Go away. Come again… Never!” I fell backwards on my bed.

Okay, maybe I was being a little dramatic, but this was one rain storm that wouldn’t go away.

I wouldn’t have felt quite as mad at the rain as I did if I only had something to do. My hands wanted to type some of my novel, but my brain did not. My brain had not wanted to work with my hands for over two weeks.

It was merely another battle with the nemesis of any writer. Writer’s Block.

I out at the rainy clouds as if I thought they would suddenly start raining drops of inspiration. Nothing.

After laying on my bed and letting my brain wonder aimlessly, I finally forced myself to do something. I slowly dragged my feet over to my desk and sat down. I put my chin in my hand and tapped my fingers in my desk. What to do. What to do.

I pulled my laptop over to the middle of the desk and opened the lid. I went onto my browser and brought the little white arrow over to the Kingdom Pen logo.

I kept my eyes tightly shut as I felt myself spinning and spinning. Around and around and around ’til. It all stopped.

I hesitantly opened my eyes. First I saw that beautiful raspberry sun. I sighed contently. No rain.

“Why didn’t I think of this earlier?” I asked myself. Of course it wouldn’t be raining in the Kingdom of Pen. I smiled as I saw my robot, B-bot, form beside me.

“It has been exactly five days, four hours, and fourteen minutes since you were last active in the Kingdom of Pen. The human response is: Welcome. Nice to see you again.”

“Well, nice to see you too, B-bot.” True, he had some quirks, but he was great for conversation. He also made sure the the facts of my latest novel were accurate. Well, as accurate as they are in my mind, of course. B-bot used to be just a sample robot that was about to be destroyed because of his so called “unneeded information dumps”. Although these info-dumps used to get on my nerves, I came to often appreciate the knowledge. Most of the time, at least.

Of course, B-bot wasn’t the only thing about me that had changed. My long brown hair had now grown down past my knees. I was wearing body armor also. I doubted that anyone really needed body armor in the Kingdom of Pen, but if you can have it, why not.

I decided that I would first head for my house in the kingdom, one of my favorite places in the island. Only, before I could get anywhere- Whack. I was knocked to the ground.

The Base13x instincts that came with being File Writer kicked in, and I jumped up to my feet, ready for whatever this sudden attack might bring.

Starring:

File writer (@filewriterbase13x) and B-bot

Footnote: Don’t worry I will use you guys in part two. Sorry if this was a little short, but it will get better.

Tagging: @rochellaine, @kaya-young, @sam-kowal, @supermonkey42, @daeus, @jenwriter17, @that_writer_girl_99, and @ariel-ashira

Currently writing the Hostanica Files with the assistance of B-bot, my PAIA (Personal AI Assistant.)

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99
              • Total Posts: 1819

Awesome! Can’t wait.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Elizabeth.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Sam Kowal
              @sam-kowal
                • Total Posts: 635

@filewriterbase13x Welcome to being a Kapeefer Lit author! Awesome first part, and I can’t wait to see what comes next 😀

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Ariel Ashira
                @ariel-ashira
                  • Total Posts: 739

@filewriterbase13x Love it!  What happens next…??? 🙂

"In a mask, was he?"

The fledgling Artist
                  @notawriter
                    • Total Posts: 328

@filewriterbase13x  Great work! 😀

and I was so confused

Alia
                    @alia
                      • Total Posts: 1253

@filewriterbase13x, MORE KPA!!!!! Fantastic!

I personally think that short beginnings are the best. (if written well which this was)

WIP - Decisions
                      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Ben Powell
                      @supermonkey42
                        • Total Posts: 273

@filewriterbase13x Nice first part! I like B-bot. I will get that on the Compendium. 🙂

A Kapeefer for life!
                        Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Skredder
                        @skredder
                          • Total Posts: 527

@filewriterbase13x This was excellent! I loved it! 😀

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Kaya Young
                          @kaya-young
                            • Total Posts: 272

@filewriterbase13x  That was so cool! B-bot is a super fun character! 🙂

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                            http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Jenna Terese
                            @jenwriter17
                              • Total Posts: 2522

@filewriterbase13x Yaaaay! I can’t wait for the next part! 😀

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                              www.jennaterese.com

filewriter@base13x
                              @filewriterbase13x
                                • Total Posts: 110

@that_writer_girl_99, I am glad you liked it. Is there anything that you want to add about your character that isn’t on the CSC? I am guessing not, but I’m just checking.

@sam-kowal
                                and @ariel-ashira. Thank you guys! I better warn you both right now, that I am in love with writing cliffhangers. Just sayin’.

@notawriter
                                and @alia. Thank you guys. Do you want me to tag you for Part Two when I put it up and/or are either of you interested in being characters? It’s not too late.

@supermonkey42
                                The compendium! Wow, I almost forgot about that. Thank you! I am glad you like B-bot. He’s really fun.

@skreeder Thank you! I will ask you the same question I asked NotAWriter and Alia above. Glad you liked it!

@kaya-young
                                . Thanks! Yes, I really like writing B-bot’s way of speech.

@jenwriter17
                                , I’m glad.😃😃😉

Currently writing the Hostanica Files with the assistance of B-bot, my PAIA (Personal AI Assistant.)

Skredder
                                @skredder
                                  • Total Posts: 527

@filewriterbase13x If you’re not already tagging a lot of people, then I would be grateful being tagged. If not, then I will still find it and read. 🙂 As far as being a character, if you would like me in the story then I would enjoy that. 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >