The Last Jedi

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 115

I watched this trailer 3 times. Then I re-watched “The Force Awakens.” Yeah, I’m sort of crazy.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 115

Wait, is this a different trailer?

Joseph Darkgrate
        @xonos-darkgrate
          • Total Posts: 162

The trailer posted in this topic was the one for the upcoming Star Wars flick, The Last Jedi. The Force Awakens was the previous movie. Episode VII.

@Allison-grace

Life's a cruel joke, so you have to laugh at it sometimes.

Ethryndal
          @ethryndal
            • Total Posts: 1013

WHAT? Wait, no, 6 pages already? I missed the Star Wars discussion? How did this happen?

SOMEONE GET BACK HERE AND DISCUSS STAR WARS WITH ME.

Three things I have learned from the trailer:

1: Kylo Ren is going to blow his mother up.
            2: Luke Skywalker’s mental reasoning has finally fled.
            3: I don’t know what that thing sitting next to Chewie is, but I want one

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99
              • Total Posts: 1819

I’m here @ethryndal

Okay, can we just talk about Luke for a second? I’m very disappointed in him. It looks like he straight up kicks out Rey? Rude, Luke, rude.

I want one of those fuzzy things too. Desperately. Even if @daeus doesn’t approve.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Joseph Darkgrate
              @xonos-darkgrate

I don’t think Kylo Ren is going to blow up his mom. (Not in that scene anyways)
                They’re just playing on the fact that Carrie Fisher is dead and that Han Solo is too. They WANT you to think Kylo Ren is on a kill-your-parents streak. That’s how they make you want to watch the movie. Overdramatize things and let the audience come to their own conclusions. It really seems like it though…

Also, those fuzzy things are called Porgs. Or maybe it’s just one thing called the Porg. Either way, I’m not sure why they’re in The Last Jedi…

Ethryndal
                @ethryndal

@That_Writer_Girl_99 *whinily* Uncle Owen, this one’s got a bad MOtivator!

*ahem*

But we must cut him some slack. Considering one of his students went straight up crazy and started massacring people, it doesn’t surprise me that his mental capacities *cough* (manners) *choke* have finally fled.

*taps fingers sternly* Hmm, very bad, @Daeus, very bad. Whether or not it has any significance to the story, the porg is still adorable.

@Xonos-Darkgrate
                  Obviously, they have to remove Leia from the story in some way, due to circumstances, but I agree with you. Kylo killing BOTH his parents seems highly unlikely. Especially because of the circumstances. If he killed Leia too, I don’t think anyone would be able to stand him anymore. I know that my sympathy would suffer a massive blow.

I’m rather interested in seeing how they pull it off with her. I’m 90% sure she’s going to die in some way—possibly by sacrificing herself for Kylo? We shall see.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Louise Fowler
                  @perfectfifths
                    • Total Posts: 726

@ethryndal @xonos-darkgrate @that_writer_girl_99 Ah the thread is still alive! Does anyone else feel kinda awkward when no one’s responded for a while and that last post was yours? XD

Luke is scared, because, I’m guessing, Rey is showing as much strength in the Force as someone he’s only seen once before – can you say Ben Solo? It’s a bit strange that he’s no longer the boy hero, but the old man wanting to hide from it all. I’m interested to see his story.

I don’t think Kylo Ren is going to blow up Leia, but she’s either going to die in this movie, or at the beginning of the next, because, well, RIP Carrie Fisher.
                    Then again, both younger Leia and Admiral Tarken appeared in Rogue One using CGI, so maybe they’ll do that for Leia again in the next movie? (I haven’t seen Rogue One, so I don’t know how big a role they played or anything).

Currently reading Les Miserables

Joseph Darkgrate
                    @xonos-darkgrate

I think that it’s definitely the EASY way out to make Leia die in this one. The only thing is “how”. I mean, she wasn’t SUPPOSED to so that means they might have to edit out certain things in order for her death to make sense. That or she’s going to come back with CGI. Though they might not be so bold as to do that…

Hannah
                      @salome01w4g
                        • Total Posts: 991

@perfectfifths yeah, well the CGI for Leia wasn’t major in RO she had maybe a 10 second scene. I’m also a bit skeptical they even used CGI they could have just clipped a scene from a new hope.
                        One (I’m taking a risk) I never like Leia…. so not having here in anymore movies wouldn’t make me sad………. *ducks encase anyone really liked her…*

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Joseph Darkgrate
                        @xonos-darkgrate

I don’t really like Leia or her actor very much.
                          Holds up shield to block rotten tomatoes

Louise Fowler
                          @perfectfifths
                            • Total Posts: 726

@salome01w4g @xonos-darkgrate

I like Leia, but everyone’s entitled to their opinions. 😉 Luke was definitely my favourite in the original trilogy though. I find it a bit sad seeing them all 30 years later, and so old like that.

Currently reading Les Miserables

Hannah
                            @salome01w4g
                              • Total Posts: 991

@xonos-darkgrate
                              Yippee!!!!! 😀

@perfectfifths

Hmmm…… my favorite *ducks again because my brother hates him* was Solo.
                              Yeah it is sad….. I remember watching the trailer and being like who are these old people and then realizing it was them I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened!!!!

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Joseph Darkgrate
                              @xonos-darkgrate

I read that Mark Hamill and the other original cast members were on a workout regimen. So.. I guess Luke Skywalker will be just a bit slimmed down for the show this December.

But I did see this featurette with J. J. Abrams in it. He was talking about bringing the old cast back and killing them off in the movies before, as he said it, “They die in real life *chuckle *chuckle*.” or something like that. It really does make sense. You know, with Carrie Fisher passing and all…

Ethryndal
                                @ethryndal

Leia was never my favorite character either. I didn’t hate her… but I didn’t love her, either. I doubt they will make a CGI Leia, though. Being such a legend that she is, I’m pretty sure the fanbase would revolt. (Spoiling Carrie Fisher’s memory and all…)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 109 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >