Scripture Memorization!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Scripture Memorization!

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Jada Morrison
    @jadamae
      • Total Posts: 199

Good job, @Kina-Lamb! I need to get back into reviewing morel I haven’t done as much as I would like recently. I memorized James 6 years ago so currently I am working on getting it to where I can quote the whole book through.

Kina Lamb
      @kina-lamb
        • Total Posts: 162

@jadamae Wohoo! Goody! That’d be an accomplishment! I had a victory of my own two days ago when I finished memorizing Genesis 1, 2, and 3. I never thought that was possible before… 😀

Jada Morrison
        @jadamae
          • Total Posts: 199

@Kina-Lamb Good job!It was so great yesterday. I was at work but it was r e a l l y s l o w so I had time to review Ephesians, Ruth, Proverbs 4, James 1-4, and Acts 1!

Kina Lamb
          @kina-lamb

@jadamae Sweet! Yes, reviewing is TOUGH because it can get discouraging if it’s been awhile since you reviewed… I’m finding that out. 😀

Kina Lamb
            @kina-lamb

Isaiah 55:11

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

@epicaddie2
              @shannon @audrey-caylin @kate-flournoy

Hannah
              @salome01w4g
                • Total Posts: 991

@kina-lamb

Memorizing Romans 8: 38-39 for my role as the martyr in a home movie
                For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
                Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Gracie
                @graciegirl
                  • Total Posts: 889

I’ve been studying Hebrews lately and have been scrambling to memorize as much as I can. It’s chocked full of amazing stuff! (I mean, the whole Bible is I know, but there are so many verses I’ve found in Hebrews that have really spoken to me.) I’ve never written or typed any of them out yet so this will really help me solidify them since I’m still a little rusty on some.
                  Hebrews 2:18
                  “For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.”
                  Hebrews 3:13
                  “So exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today”, so that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.”
                  Hebrews 4:15
                  “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who, in every respect, has been tested as we are yet without sin.”
                  Hebrews 6:11
                  “And we desire each of you to show the same earnestness to have the full assurance of hope until the end.”
                  Hebrews 10:38
                  “But my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.”
                  Hebrews 11:1
                  “And faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”
                  Hebrews 11:6
                  “And without faith, it is impossible to please him for those that would draw near to God must believe he exists and that he rewards those that seek him.”
                  Hebrews 11:15
                  “If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return.”
                  Hebrews 12:11
                  “For the moment, all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.”
                  Hebrews 13:1-2
                  “Let brotherly love continue. And do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.”
                  Hebrews 13:8
                  “For Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.”
                  Hebrews 13:14
                  “For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.”

And, quick note, thank you @Kina-Lamb so much for starting this thread! It’s really helped encourage me to memorize more scripture. <3

*is probably geeking out about something*

Kina Lamb
                  @kina-lamb

@graciegirl Thanks for sharing! I’m glad this thread has encouraged you. 😀 😀 I love those verses! In Bible Bee this summer Hebrews 3 and 4 were some of the chapters/passages we studied (btw I qualified!!!) and so I recognized some of them. 😀

Gracie
                    @graciegirl
                      • Total Posts: 889

@Kina-Lamb 🙂 Coolio!
                      And congrats on qualifying! 😀 😀

*is probably geeking out about something*

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >