Salvete!

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Salvete!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@Elly

Well, weā€™re 2.0 just cause weā€™re better. 1.0 was the actual Shire.

Cool! I like unique books.

Oh, yes. Parliamentary is what I meant.

šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢

Elly
      @elly
        • Total Posts: 26

@daeus
        Oh I see! Haha!

Oooh, so you know what Parli is? Have you done any, or just know what it is from other means?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Elly.
        Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@Elly Sort of. Just once or twice and it was very informal. šŸ˜›

šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢šŸ¢

Elizabeth
          @that_writer_girl_99
            • Total Posts: 1819

@Elly Hello! Welcome to KP šŸ™‚

My name is Elizabeth, and I write in the science-fiction/fantasy genres. I love meeting people who are passionate about the world of fantasy!

Ooh, debating. Canā€™t say Iā€™m too great with thatā€“verbally, anyway. Give me a few minutes to collect my thoughts on paper and Iā€™m a different person, really.

Do you play any instruments?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Elly
            @elly

@daeus
              Thatā€™s awesome though! Iā€™ve not met very many people who even know what it is, let alone have done it!

@that_writer_girl_99

<3
              Haha! Yes, I understand that. Writing with paper/typing tends to be the prefered means of communication among writers.

Elly
              @elly

Oh, oops- I missed your last question, Elizabeth, sorry! I have a year-ish on flute, some reasonable understanding with tin whistle, and am teaching myself guitar and ukulele. But really nothing mastered. You?

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99
                  • Total Posts: 1819

Itā€™s alright! Introductory forums can be very chaotic, I get it. Iā€™ve only been on here a few weeks myself. @Elly

Iā€™ve played guitar for aboutā€¦eight years now, I think? I donā€™t play it as much as I used to, but I will always have a deep love for it.
                  Flute is a very pretty instrument! It has such a high and graceful tone.
                  Ukulele is fantastic. Just hearing it makes me happy.

*whispers* If you havenā€™t already, Iā€™d check out the other forums pages. KP has some great ones. And of course, the articles shouldnā€™t be overlooked. I could explore on here for hoursā€¦

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Elly
                  @elly

@that_writer_girl_99
                    WOW. O.O Eight years is a long time! I bet youā€™re really good.

Good to know! Iā€™ll check them out- thanks!

Gracie
                    @graciegirl
                      • Total Posts: 889

@Elly Oh, zikers. I couldnā€™t paint a person to save my life. šŸ˜œ Iā€™m the same, I prefer nature/things. Although lately Iā€™ve taken an interest in more impressionistic and abstract art.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Anne Swiftblade
                      @anne-swiftblade
                        • Total Posts: 84

Hello, @Elly! We have sort of met (and by sort of I mean the volleyball court), but we should be properly introduced. I am Anne Swiftblade, the often quiet pirate of the Kingdom. See you on the court!

Jane Maree
                        @jane-maree
                          • Total Posts: 909

@Elly OH MY WORD ELLY I KNOW YOU. ITā€™S ME. THE PIZZA NINJA. *flails and tackle-hugs*

Writing Heroes ā™¦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Josiah DeGraaf
                          @aratrea
                            • Total Posts: 717

@elly Always nice to see classical references on the site. šŸ˜‰ How many years of Latin have you taken? Fellow Plato-lovers are also awesome, though I waver between Plato and Aristotle in terms of who I agree with more. Anyways, welcome to the site!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Elly
                            @elly

@graciegirl
                              Oooh abstract is fun. Do you ever do any colored pencils?

@anne-swiftblade

Yep! šŸ˜› Hello again! Iā€™m toast.

@jane-maree

WHAT YES I KNOW YOU šŸ˜€ šŸ˜€ *tackle-hugs back* So good to see a familiar face/avvie XD

@aratrea

Umā€¦ not entirely sure? I took a three-ish years when I was younger, but we never finished the book per year. And then two years in high-school before I stopped, so I guess three years? But I only have beginning knowledge because itā€™s been so long and because every year I re-started at page one. šŸ˜› have you took latin/for how long?

Aristotleā€¦ yeah, sometimes his stuff does seem pretty compelling. Though Iā€™ve not read as much from him.

Josiah DeGraaf
                              @aratrea
                                • Total Posts: 717

@elly Haha, got ya. xD I took Latin from I think 3rd grade through 10th gradeā€¦ My first six years were very similar to yours, though! Wasnā€™t until 8th grade that I got a teacher besides my mom (who is awesome, but doesnā€™t really know Latin), and that was extremely helpful for my learning. All that being said, six years later, Iā€™ve lost most of what Iā€™ve learned back then. xD

Nicomachean Ethics is pretty good. My favorite though, is Aristotleā€™s Poetics, because itā€™s basically the first treatise ever on storytelling and how to do it well. O.o So good. Thereā€™s nothing cooler than seeing that people 2,000 years ago were taking sides on the ā€œcharacters vs. plot debateā€ just like they are today!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Ethryndal
                                @ethryndal
                                  • Total Posts: 1013

@Graciegirl Oh my goodness, you do abstract? You have my forever undying respect. My little logical head canā€™t comprehend the fine art of making something that has no structure look beautiful. XD

INTJ āžøYour friendly neighborhood mastermind. āžøhttps://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >