Hiya KeePers!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hiya KeePers!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@ashlyvye  Andrew Peterson wrote my absolute favorite book series, The Wingfeather Saga, and D.G. Snapper (a.k.a. @dragon-snapper ) is writing a sci-fi trilogy. I beta-read the first book a few weeks ago 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@ashlyvye Oh, there were others when I joined. I showed up just in time to crash their party, and now they’ve made me king. How cool is that?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Bella B.
        @ashlyvye
          • Total Posts: 96

@notawriter   Sorry, but an article about what?

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

I also like C.S. Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien, although I haven’t read them in a LONG time.

Oh, and D.G. Snapper X)

@dekreel
            You just put me next to C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien. O.O <3

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Sam Kowal
            @sam-kowal
              • Total Posts: 635

@ashlyvy 😀 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! I’m not sure how I missed you until now.
              You like Brandon Sanderson? 😀 😀 😀 EPIC
              The Stormlight Archive is my favorite fantasy series, and I like the Reckoners a lot too.
              And you like NF! NF is probably my favorite Christian musician because he has so much passion and drive in him. I don’t always listen to him though because his music isn’t relaxing… its too driven.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
              Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Bella B.
              @ashlyvye

@sam-kowal      Hi!

I know, I’m only halfway through The Way of Kings (probably?  Listening to the audiobook) and it sounds really awesome!

I agree that NF isn’t best to listen to all the time because of a few songs, so I usually switch to TobyMac, Mandisa, or Jamie Grace after listening to his songs for a while.

I love it how you and Dragon Snappers ‘endnotes’ (not sure what it’s actually called) both have to do with melting chairs.  That’s hilarious.  Not that I doubt you could do it, but after you melt all the chairs you have nothing to sit in to get onto your computer!  😉

The fledgling Artist
                @notawriter
                  • Total Posts: 328

@ashlyvye Oh sorry! *blushes* I meant there is an article about why Twilight was(is?) so popular.
                  I think it was called something like.. “Why Twilight is a bestseller and your novel isn’t” 🙂

and I was so confused

Joy
                  @dekreel
                    • Total Posts: 2304

@ashlyvye  Yes, @dragon-snapper has a knack for melting chairs. It’s a thing XD

And the endnotes are called “signatures” 😉

You can pronounce it however you want.

Bella B.
                    @ashlyvye

@notawriter   Oh yeah!  That one, I’ve read it!  I love how the first sentence says something like, “Twilight is the first book I ever felt I should throw across the room.”  I throw books across the room quite often, usually, they are absolutely amazing books, but the author killed one of the characters (*cry’s*) *hem*  Yeah, the books I read ruthlessly kill off the main charecters.  An amazing book I really like killed off all three main characters *try’s desperate to not name the book and spoil it*

Anyway, sorry bout’ that.  I like talking about said book in RL and apparently on KP.

Bella B.
                      @ashlyvye

@dekreel   Oh!  Okay, that makes much more sense.

A thing for… melting chairs.  *wistles* That’s not creepy at all *not-so-casually inches toward the door)

The fledgling Artist
                        @notawriter
                          • Total Posts: 328

@ashlyvye I don’t think I’ve ever thrown a book across the room before- or at all. Though I’m sure I’ve been tempted. 😉

and I was so confused

Bella B.
                          @ashlyvye

@notawriter   I’m sure we all have.  Then again, many people read ebooks and I doubt they would want to throw their phones or iPods!  ;D

By the way, I forgot to ask, what are you reading right now?

Bella B.
                            @ashlyvye

@daeus   King?!  *starts laughing uncontrollably* That is awesome your Typeness.  Or would you rather your Wrijesty?  😉

So, what kind of things do you like writing?

Sam Kowal
                              @sam-kowal
                                • Total Posts: 635

@ashlyvye Storms! cool. Way of Kings is an amazing book. It starts out confusing, actually, because its a lot to get into. And then… well, then it happens. The worldbuilding is simply epic! Shardblades, Shardplate, highstorms, chasmfiends…

XD XD Haha

There’s actually kind of a funny story behind @dragon-snapper and I’s signatures. Snapper has had that as a signature for awhile, I guess you could say its her signature move XD, and I have this dragon pet named Stan. Stan can’t breathe much fire, and he’s amazed at how much Snapper can, so he sorta decided to follow Snapper’s clawtracks…

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                                Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Bella B.
                                @ashlyvye

@sam-kowal    XD Seriously?  That’s hilarious.  I was wondering what Giarstanornarak.  (Gia, Stan, Nor, Nar, so many names!)

Oh, ok.  in the past few chapters it’s started making more sense but there are still names I don’t get.  Like Dalinar, I thought it was his dad who was having the ‘tantrums’ during High Storms but it’s actually him… Right?  I think I need to skim over my hardback copy to remember what I’ve already read.

My friend was constantly saying Storms! whenever something bad happened and I didn’t understand what she meant, but now I do so yay!

I still think I’m going to like Mistborn more though, then again the first few Mistborn chapters weren’t the most interesting because it was setting everything up.  *shrugs* I dunno.  It’s so hard to rate Brandon Sanderson’s books as ‘awesomely amazing’ and ‘so extravagant it should be a book everyone should read like starving people having found the final slice of bread stuck in the toaster’  That doesn’t mean they should tear the book apart like the poor toaster, but you get the point, I think. (I never said this before I ‘met’ Sazed.  Now it’s a habit)

Wow, I’ve never been able to ramble about these things in my life.  It’s sooooooo much fun!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >