Hi guys!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Sierra
    @sierra-r
      • Total Posts: 46

How does Bible Bee actually work? I’m a Bible Quizzer, and so far I’ve word-for-word memorised about half of the book of Luke this year which has been great 🙂

Kina Lamb
      @kina-lamb
        • Total Posts: 162

@sierra-r wow, that’s great!!! Half of Luke, that’s a treasure.

During the summer, for the Bible Bee, each category Primary (age 7-10,) Junior (age 11-14) and Senior (age 15-18) memorize about 100 verses and study their discovery journal. At the end of the summer they all take a test and the top 120 to qualify for each category move up to the National Bible Bee. I’m not positive what all they have to study but I do know that they have to memorize a TON of verses. At the competition, they take a written and oral test. The top 15 of each category goes on to the semi-finals, where they quote scripture on the stage. If they make any mistake – even adding an ‘s’ onto the end of “hand” for example, they’re eliminated. The last five to remain go on to the finals, and cannot be eliminated. They compete for their placing – 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. The prizes are huge amounts of money. 😀 You can find out more at http://www.biblebee.org

@daeus
        made it to Nationals (!!!!!!!!!) so he should know more about what they study and such. 😀

ClaireC
        @clairec
          • Total Posts: 628

@kina-lamb. I noticed you said a while back in this topic that you had school work to do. Normally I’m the only one saying that around here. So I’m glad to meet a fellow sufferer. 🙂 (Just kidding, I actually do enjoy my homeschool work, but it means I don’t have as much time for writing as I’d like. 🙁 ) What grade are you in? If you guys do grades. I know a lot of homeshcoolers don’t. 🙂

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

ClaireC
          @clairec
            • Total Posts: 628

Wow, @kina-lamb, the Bible Bee sounds great! Can Aussies do it? Or is it only for Americans? 🙂

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Kina Lamb
            @kina-lamb

Hi @clairec! Yeah, I guess we are the only ones that know anything! 😉 Because of my age I’m supposed to be in 7th or 8th grade, but we get graded for each subject, and so my grades are all over the place since each subject has its own grade. Does that make sense? 😀

Kina Lamb
              @kina-lamb

@clairec I don’t know about the Bible Bee. I think so, but I don’t know so. Hey @daeus, can people in Australia join the Bible Bee? (That should get you some help, @clairec :D)

Jada Morrison
                @jadamae
                  • Total Posts: 199

@Kina-Lamb Welcome! I won’t call you Daeus’s little sister because with two older brothers I get tired of only being known as their little sister. 🙂 A Scripture memorizing thread sounds great! I have memorized quite a bit for our Bible quizing league we do, but it is such a great thing to do. SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT EDEN SOUTHWORTH’S BOOKS!!!! So few people have heard of them. If you read too many of them they can have repetitive plot elements, but they are good. Capitola is such a great character, and Ishmael as well. Lord of the Beans was the best Veggietales ever. There are so many parodies throughout the whole thing it is hilarious. Tu halbas espanol? Halbo un poco. I play the violin! The mandolin is a lot alike except that the violin is fretless. Encantada!

Kina Lamb
                  @kina-lamb

@jadamae thanks! 😀 I’ll go and start a scripture memorizing thread then. Yay! You’ve read E.D.E.N’s books too? *Gives you a high five.* I love her books. I’ve also read “The Missing Bride,” and like that one, too. Yeah, Capitola is one of my favorite characters ever. She’s the most un-stockish character that I’ve ever read. 😀 My siblings and I would agree with you that the Lord of The Beans is the best veggie tales movie they’ve made. And that’s great you’re learning Spanish too. Hablaré contigo más tarde!

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper
                      • Total Posts: 3515

@kina-lamb I’m sorry I took so long in replying! 😛
                      Yeah, Scripture Typer is great! Through it, I once memorized 400 verses. Then I lost that account, and am slowly working my way up. The verses are all still in my head, though, and I have to ask for a bible concordance of my own because all of these verses were in my head and I wanted to reference them whenever I do my bible studies.
                      And I need to do better with keeping up with them, so yeah, let’s add to the motivation! See ya in Scripture Memorization!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Sarah Hoven
                      @sarah-h
                        • Total Posts: 669

@kina-lamb I’m sorry I’m so late! We’ve been without wifi for the past few weeks. Welcome to Kingdom Pen!!! It’s so exciting to meet Daeus’s little sister. 🙂 Yo hablo un poco Español, y venido á Mexico en Deciembre. Did I say that right? The Bible is my favorite book, too. 🙂 Thank you for starting the Scripture Memorization thread!

Kina Lamb
                        @kina-lamb

Hi @sarah-h! Thanks! Well I’m glad that I’m @daeus ‘s sister – he’s a great brother. Yes, I think that was correct – anyway, I understood what you said. 😀 Did you really go to Mexico in December? That’s really exciting! Your profile picture is beautiful. Did you take it?

Kina Lamb
                          @kina-lamb

Hi guys! I’m going to be in California until Wednesday night, so if I don’t answer your posts, it’s because I can’t, not because I don’t like you anymore. 😀 My great-grandma is turning 100 so we’re attending her birthday party!

Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 1352

Wow @Kina-Lamb! One of our great-grandmas lived to 104. 🙂

Okay, good to know you still like us. Bye! *waves*

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper
                                • Total Posts: 3515

@kina-lamb Alright! Have fun!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kina Lamb
                                @kina-lamb

@emma-flournoy that’s amazing. I’ll try to remember to salute you when I board the plane. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >