A Keeper Adventure

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Keeper Adventure

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    PrincessFoo
    @princessfoo
      • Total Posts: 194

@dekreel I know I saw this every time you post something, but… *squeals!* It’s so awesome! I can’t wait for the whole thing!

Grace H.
      @gh24682468999
        • Total Posts: 199

@dekreel WHOA — it’s awesome. 😀 😀

Just wondering, how long do you think this will turn out to be?

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
        literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Joy
        @dekreel
          • Total Posts: 2304

@princessfoo  Thank you! And squeal all you want! 😉 *LIGHTBULB*  Oh, I need to make a note of this for the KPA…

@gh24682468999
            Thanks! Ermmmm…. I don’t know. At least a month. I’m slow *shrug*

You can pronounce it however you want.

Grace H.
          @gh24682468999
            • Total Posts: 199

@dekreel How about story length? Because when you mentioned chapters, I had a feeling it would be significantly longer than the Legend of King Daeus…

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
            literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 95

@dekreel, I must say you are amazing!! The story you have so far is just…wow! I haven’t been in the KP world long enough to understand a lot about writing. I love how you took Kingdom Pen and changed it to kingdom of pen. Such a creative beginning. Can’t wait to see the rest.

Joy
              @dekreel

@gh24682468999  Yeah… Every short story of mine turns into a novel. It’s annoying. I’m thinking it will be around ten chapters, each about three pages long. I’m not sure though.

@inkling-for-christ  Aww, thanks! @dragon-snapper used the term “Kingdom of Pen” in her LOKD stories, so I just went from there.

So yeah, sorry this is taking so long, guys!

Emma Flournoy
                @emma-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 1352

@Dekreel I like it! Your portrayal of me is quite forbearing; in reality I’d probably be more cynical about the whole thing. XD But I’m happy that I’m in there! I liked the part about the letter from (or to, whichever it was) Aslan, too. 😉

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice
                    • Total Posts: 3365

@dekreel I need to read this! I just need to find some time.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Lady Iliara
                    @lady-iliara
                      • Total Posts: 144

@dekreel I just read this! (Site was finally allowed on my iPad 😎)

This. Is. Cool.

*DOUBLE THUMBS UP*

👰🏻🦊💥
                      ENFJ-T. Arbitrary. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Joy
                      @dekreel

A lot of you have been asking how the KPA is going

Well…

bangs head on wall...

So yeah, that’s how it’s going… *gloomy sigh*

Guys, I am SO sorry this is taking forever! I realized from seeing how other people have written Kapeefer literature that I have over-planned mine. Besides, I have a HUGE plot hole (STILL! grrrrr) So I’m going to set down my current KPA, and see if I can write a different one without making a fuss. AND I NEED IDEAS! I was thinking maybe I could do at least one story where a group of Kapeefers travels to the world of another book (Hogwarts, Middle Earth, Narnia, etc.), but I also want to include more Kapeefers besides the main characters, and this would make it difficult

So, two things:

1. Any advice on how NOT to over-think/over-plan
                        2. Any ideas for the KPA! I’m open to anything!

Thank you all! You’re awesome!

@dragon-snapper
                          @ethryndal  @daughteroftheking  @catwing  @sam-kowal  @daeus  @aislinn-mollisong  @audrey-caylin  @jane-maree  @kate-flournoy  @ANYONE!

Ethryndal
                        @ethryndal
                          • Total Posts: 1013

@dekreel Hey, don’t feel bad about planning ahead. Just because some of the other KP literature has been extremely random and spontaneous doesn’t mean yours has to be. Let it flow, do what you want, and it will be unique. I, for one, think it would be kinda interesting to see us doing something (semi) rational. Semi-rational for us, at least. Which isn’t very rational at all. 🙂

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Joy
                          @dekreel

@ethryndal  You know, seeing your post just made me realize that I don’t have to write like everyone else, that I can go with my own style and structure. I can’t believe I didn’t realize that until now. *bops forehead* So thank you for saving me!

I am just SO TIRED of over-planning! I just wanna WRITE!

I’ll see what I can do! *nervous shrug*

But I’m still open to… ideas. *addressing to general audience*

Ethryndal
                            @ethryndal
                              • Total Posts: 1013

@dekreel *salutes* Glad to be of service, m’lady. I totally know the feeling.

(And I totally know the feeling of “WHY ISN’T THIS STUPID OUTLINE DONE YET?”. My utmost condolences.)

I shall ponder plot-lines and return in due time with my findings.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Sam Kowal
                              @sam-kowal
                                • Total Posts: 635

@ethryndal *sniff* *sniff* *sniff*                                                    *sniff*

@dekreel
                                XD It’s alright, take your time and write it how you want it. Don’t worry about over-planning things, just write how it comes naturally to you. There’s sort of two main kinds of writers; planners, and discoverers. Planners get everything perfectly planned out, discoverers sort of just dive in and see where the story ends up. Some people are a various shade of both of those.

I know the feeling of getting really frustrated with my projects. I think it’s a good idea to set it aside for awhile. I’m the worst when it comes to that, because when I don’t like something I tend to want to delete it, pretend it never existed, and start over.

And then do that again when version 2 goes wrong.

So, plot ideas…

King Daeus plans a Kapeefer expedition far beyond Castle Regnis and the surrounding towns, so that more of the wilds of the Pen can be explored. So the Kapeefers hold a tryout to see who is selected to be part of the expedition. Then Daeus handpicks people out of the winners with unique skills he thinks will be needed for the trip. The Keepers on the expedition sail across the Sea of Ink to explore, but they are captured by a crew of Plagiarizers, who are pirates. They get stuffed into the pirate ships and then plan an escape. The other Keepers wonder what’s taking the expedition so long and journey out to rescue it. Together, all the Keepers take control of the pirate ships and sail across the sea in them to keep on exploring

Or… Santa never makes it back to the North Pole after Christmas, due to him coming down with a severe illness, and the Keepers have to build him a flying sleigh and try to somehow get him back the north pole XD

Or… The Keepers go through one of Catwing’s portals, and actually go to the North Pole themselves. And all have to figure out how to get home, by convincing all kinds of sea animals and seals to propel their homemade raft across the Inky sea. And while they’re at it, they fight a giant snow monster

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                                Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

NC Stokes
                                @daughteroftheking
                                  • Total Posts: 1156

@dekreel I appreciate you putting so much time into this! *whispers* Also, I can totally relate to the whole over-planning thing.
                                  I don’t have any ideas for a new plot, but when I over-plan, the best thing I can do is just write. Anything you want! If you have an idea for a scene in your story, go for it. You can always edit it later or delete it from the story altogether. Just as long as you’re writing, having fun, and getting to know your story a little better. For example, if you’re envisioning the heroes battling the evil dragon of Typographical Errors, then try your hand at writing it.

Hope that helps! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 306 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >