-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
So question about the 12 note scale. Someone could make beautiful music out of a 13 note scale, and it could also be analyzed the same, but will it suddenly have no magical effects?
Good question. I didn’t think about that. I’m going to say that it probably would work as well, because I’m thinking that the magic will be based more…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
@jonas
😁😁😁 -
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
for real
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Lol yeah, he hates fun! XD
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Does anyone want to continue the scouting group scene, or should we just fast forward a bit?
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Yes, we are.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Are we though?
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I don’t care. If people want to talk about allergies for the next twenty-five pages, I don’t have a problem XD
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
@savannah_grave2009 @rae @trailblazer @highscribeofaetherium
Now perhaps we should get back to the actual purpose of this RP? 🤨
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Ok, fine, whatever. It just popped into my head and I thought I’d mention it.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I never said it had been that long since I saw a cat, but that’s the last time I’ve been near one. I can’t even remember how long ago that was though.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Some families just aren’t pet people.
The same uncle that showed Piper to us owns a fish tank, and at this point he’s just waiting for the one or two remaining fish to die so he can get rid of the tank, lol.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Wait, hold on. You’ve seen the random cats that walk through our yard.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
@jonas @rae @savannah_grace2009
… and I come back, and there are, what, four, five more pages of pure rabbit holes! Gah, I never should’ve left you people unsupervised.
JK lol
Jonas forgot to mention that Piper also chews on paper, cardboard, rubber, carpet, probably plastic too.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
If we’re talking about pet origin stories:
Piper
Our uncle saw that some people were giving away a 2-3 month old rabbit, and sent it to our parents (half jokingly I think.) We decided to get her.
We’ve had Piper for eight years. She’s all black, except her nose and the tip of one paw, which are white. She likes it wh…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Music as a hard magic system is probably gonna be difficult, as what makes music magical to us is the feeling that it can’t be perfectly quantified
I think that the way music works is actually less ephemeral than non-music theory people think. The reason why music affects us the way it does is still mysterious, but the mechanics by which it do…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I do already have some thoughts about generally how it would work, but that might be hard to explain to someone who doesn’t know music theory. That might end up being a problem with this whole idea, come to think of it.
I wasn’t too worried about being thought lazy for keeping a twelve note scale. I think people who don’t under…[Read more]
- Load More

