-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
No problem!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Ellis
“A lot of us have our own weapons with us,” Ellis said. “I haven’t talked to most of them about weapons, but I doubt many of them could handle a broadsword. Ottoline might need one a bit lighter weight than normal. I think we already have a lot of daggers and knives between us, and nobody is going to be using those as their main weapon, so…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh, okay. Yeah, I’m not sure if sound could be used to power something, but if it could, I actually don’t think the lack of sound propagation in space would be a problem, because the sound would work inside the spaceships, so unless they need to use sound from outside, it could still potentially work.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh. How is sound working in space related to this? I’m a bit confused.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh, so, these spaceships you’re creating run on sound somehow, and you want help thinking of a different way to power them?
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
So your idea requires sound to work in space? I’m not sure I follow completely.
I can’t personally think of a good way for sound to work in space, unless you’re fundamentally changing physics. Given that sound propagates only in media, as in real life, the only thing I could think of is having space be actually filled with gas,…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I think solid debris wouldn’t help, because sound needs a medium to propagate through. On earth, sound is carried by air molecules bumping into each other repeatedly. It can move through solids and liquids as well, but without air for the sound to move through, it won’t reach the space debris in the first place. Light travels without…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
Okay, thanks for the advice!
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Guysssss
I don’t know how this happened….
In my WIP, there was this guy who broke into someone’s house and tried to kill him. They talked to the guy and found out his name. Well, they talk to him a couple of chapters later and they ask his name. At the moment, I couldn’t come up with anything so I put a placeholder for his name. And I literal…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I love this idea!! I’ll totally be joining in whenever I can! Definitely not this month, maybe next month, but I’ll definitely be able to do it more once the new year rolls around. 🙂
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
@everyone
Amir knows how to cook and he could probably take care of a few basic injuries, but he’s not a big fan of seeing blood and he’d probably get too nervous to take care of any big injuries. We’ll see. XD
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I would RP next, I’m just not exactly sure what to write. XD I’ll just wait until we make it to the mall. 😉
-
Esther replied to the topic Does anyone want to try Y-dubs/YWW with me??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Ahh!! This looks so cool! I’ve heard of YWW before, but I didn’t know exactly what they offered. This actually may be really good for me. Especially since I can get a high school creative writing credit from one of their plans…. 👀 Anyway, I will definitely be thinking about this and I’ll let you know if I end up doing it!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Ellis
Ellis watched in amusement as Nahim repeatedly insisted that he was fine, oblivious to the fact that Nora was undermining everything he said from behind his back.
“You think you could make him sleep?” Ellis asked Kate.
“I don’t exactly carry sleeping charms around,” Kate said. “They’re pretty useless, so no, unless you want me to knock…[Read more]
-
Allison replied to the topic Does anyone want to try Y-dubs/YWW with me??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I also have heard good things about it, but I think I’ll stick with KP 🙂 I may look into it someday…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Well, no, I would think the time limit could be different for different prompts. I’m just wondering if the challenge would have an end date, or just go until everyone was ready.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Well there would have to be a time limit of some sort right? Unless you were planing to wait till everyone was done?
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
This looks fun!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
No reading other peoples entries. To avoid this, please say in bold or in caps (both would be fine) at the top that this is your entry and drop down a couple lines.
I assume this is to prevent copying? What you could do is just tell people not to post their story until the last day. That leads to another question: how long would the participants have?
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Livia must be crushing hard to give that thorough of an apology for such a small slight. Just some casual observer commentary. *chuckles to self*
Actually no XD She just feels bad lol
Livia
This is all my fault. She frowned. How could she make him see that he really hadn’t messed up?
“You don’t have to talk to me if you don…[Read more]
- Load More
