-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, that’s what was kind of funny about it lol
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
And in both cases, the decision was reached by the owner not wanting to continue the conversation.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Yep 😂 a tang is the part of a blade that extends into the handle (you probably knew that one, right?), and a ricasso (great, now autocorrect wants to always make it capitalized 🙄) is the blunt part of a sword just above the cross guard to allow you to wrap your finger over the guard.
But Ricasso isn’t that bad, right? I kinda like it X…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
2/3 of them did, anyway.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I can relate to this more than I can say!!! and it’s so hard, I’ve tried talking to my small group about it but none of them are really writers and it’s just really hard
Yeah. It’s so hard because no one understands how hard it is being a writer unless they are one, and no one really understands what we’re going though!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
@savannah_grace2009
Conviction didn’t. -
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I’m assuming tang and ricasso are both parts of a sword, judging by it suggesting pommel?
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I love how the swords keep naming the elk for their owners XD
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Wow, that was long.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Zahlin
What are you going to name him? The Sword asked out of nowhere.
“Who?” Zahlin said.
Your elk. He needs a name.
“Why?”
Because that’s what humans do. I don’t know. The Sword said, Maybe Pommel. Or Tang? Does he look like a Tang to you? Or wait! I know! Ricasso.
“Ricasso?”
Isn’t it a great name? The Sword asked, sounding very ple…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh no, it has a much better idea. *grins ominously* XD
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
What about “the-elk-with-no-name”? lol
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I can’t wait to see what Zahlin names his elk. XD
Oh yes, the Sword is coming up with some very good ideas XD
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I never really thought of OCD like that before. Now reading what you guys go through, I actually might have it, because you just described how I feel about my writing. Idk.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
You got that? Ottoline is now in possession of a red crystal sword. Use it wisely!
I’ll try XD
Let’s hope Marcurious doesn’t try to take it for himself lol
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Ok so this is something I’ve been trying to figure out how to balance, too! On the one hand, I recognize that God has given me a gift to write, and I want to use and grow that gift, but then on the other hand, writing takes a lot of mental space, and I feel like it’s so easy for me to get lost in a story I’m writing, and t…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I can’t wait to see what Zahlin names his elk. XD
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I don’t know why, but Rainier strikes me as a funny name for some reason. Love it!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Ok.
You got that? Ottoline is now in possession of a red crystal sword. Use it wisely!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
@acancello Goodnight!!
Ottoline
“I’m thinking Ever,” Ottoline patted her Elk’s neck. “You should name yours Aero.”
“Aero?” Hugo laughed. “That’s…just not for him.”
“Do you have any better ideas?” Ottoline challenged.
“No,” Hugo stammered, and then added quickly, “But give me a few minutes, and I’ll have one.”
“Sure,” Ottoline said sarcastically.
- Load More
