-
HighScribe replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
You have permission to say ‘Sah-o-rees’ in your head, I still do it sometimes :p
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
What language invented such a ridiculous spelling?
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
It’s a real name, and that’s how you say it.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok, I’ll introduce my character.
Saoirse (seer-sha) (no last name atm)
I’ll make her seventeen here, though she’s normally closer to twentyish.
She has light gray hair and light eyes, almost clear white in color, and pale skin scattered with freckles. She’s only about 5’1”. She’ll either be wearing an elegant dress or a rough tunic, trouse…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Ohhh… that all makes sense. I was wondering if there was a biblical underpinning to this, with the name Jesse.
To me it wasn’t clear that he had been gone. Maybe I just missed that detail. If you make sure that’s clear, then I think it works.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
It’s also funny how restrictive they are on shoes. I mean what shoes are allowed? lol.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
That’s better. There are still a few questions I have. Why was the king completely unaware of what was going on, but then able to easily fix it? What does he usually do that he was unaware of these problems? Why did he happen to talk to Mason? Those are the main ones. The story is a lot clearer overall.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I can see that you did. …that’s a first…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Okay. Weird. A razor knife isn’t a particularly dangerous weapon. I just thought it was funny that the school is allowing literally any weapon that isn’t a firearm, but not things like paper. Irl, schools tend to be super restrictive about weapons.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok, I knew it had some connection to cough drops.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I’m pretty sure it’s an ingredient in cough drops??
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
What’s a menthol?
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
But she doesn’t need to go to the practice of course. I could add some new characters and maybe they could meet in the school halls, if you want. Or she could meet @highscribeofaetherim ‘s character, whoever that will be.
I also might add a second character, although I’m not sure who it would be. I haven’t RPd as Vlydia before, but I’m…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Vlydia probably would be carrying pens, papers, and books, which gives her more reason to not want to go.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Lol. That’s an odd assortment of contrabands. Paper isn’t allowed, but non-gun weapons are.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I wish to join this thing as well!!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I don’t think Vlydia would be carrying any contraband. She doesn’t carry any weapons, because she can generate crystals as weapons from her arms. She probably wouldn’t attend that class anyway, because she would already know how. If none of the characters are doing anything outside of that, I can wait, or just throw her in there anyway. Thanks!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Okay, I’ll also go ahead and say that Dimension and Conversion are also not my favorite powers, so it’s also possible I will change them. I can’t think of anything very interesting to do with the Resonance of Arcane Manipulation, so the result was Conversion. I’m not planning on having any of the Arcane powers being particularly important to the…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I know I said I was done with this magic system. But there was one power I didn’t really like: Age. I have now replaced it. Introducing the Resonance of Destiny.
Destiny: The Resonance of Temporal Manipulation
Destiny is the Resonance of Temporal Manipulation. It allows the user to explore alternate pasts and futures, focused on one object.…[Read more]
- Load More
