@stephie
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 348
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
You’re right – personality is soo a part of interpreting mental process. Even if it only covers the surface.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
That’s crazy! I just checked, and my KP birthday is August 10th… 2 years 🙃
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
But Turin and Edwin died.
I’m just telling the story.
lol.
I knooow, I’m sorry for questioning the fabric of the story 😂😅 But I think we can all agree that these stories come from our minds, and sometimes we need to adjust our inventions. I’m not saying you have to change their deaths, I’m pointing out how I as the reader feel a…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I do feel uncertain about killing off Edwin and Turin. I understand Edwin, but both guys? It feels like half the cast has died and there isn’t much left in terms of motivation for the reader.
Reading the earlier chapters, I expected Aaron and Turin to develop a friendship which would become a staple of the book until at least…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I definitely have difficulty writing guys. They seem like a completely different species and I struggle to get in their heads. Probably because my brothers and their friends are so weird.😂
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
These are guys I can remember at the moment. (Sorry if any people didn’t want to be tagged)
@calyhuge @thearcaneaxiom @folith-feolin @otherworldlyhistorian
Ellette would love some feedback on the scene above, It is about a male character in grief, and it’s mostly troubleshooting at this point.
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Definitely an important topic. I think other people will benefit from this topic more than me because my approach to emotions is mixed (if we’re talking male vs female mindsets) whenever I feel insecure in a given situation. Linus mentioned on another topic that he views emotions as problems to solve, and that resounds with me. I am still more…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Like I don’t just feel the emotions by themselves, I deal with them analytically.
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I know about maybe ten guys on here, and one of them knows me irl. So don’t worry, it isn’t just Linus and Jonas 😂
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle @linus-smallprint
*Comes back to an interesting conversation*
Okay, I actually have input for this.
Linus:
I hear when girls are upset, you want to just simply talk about it and how you feel. When I rant about my problems, I am not looking for someone to sympathize with me (even if I think I am). I am looking for a solution.…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
CONGRATULATIONS ON BROKEN SHACKLES!!!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳 And sorry about the braces. Those are miserable.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Book Club 🙂 in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
My interlibrary loan arrived today! I’m in!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
I think pictures stopped working again.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago

-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for the thoughts! I’ll definitely try to work that in.
Yw!
AHHH!!! I forgot to tag people on this new section! I was wondering why no one said anything!!! I’ll just re-post this whole thing.
You’re alright, I still get notifs by email even when people don’t tag me. I read it 👍
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
yes!! Fire away!! I’m ready for it now! I think I’m prepared for people to criticize Aaron.
Okay!! So this isn’t a critique of Aaron himself, like ‘ohyouhavetochangehim.’ It’s for you to improve his arc.
Aaron begins to verbally doubt God during the siege. But his very first act was trusting God to lead him into a dangerous kin…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Oh no! I’ll be praying for you. Is there any specific way I can be doing that?
I’m doing okay lol, thanks for the offer! I caught the dreaded senioritis in my junior year and I just don’t want to return to school. I’ve had symptoms of depression since a year ago and… Blegh… I don’t know what to do about it.
On the bright s…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Help with a scene in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I would encourage you to play around with it and see what you like. This is a first or second draft, so I wouldn’t worry too much about the POVs being in the right place.
But yeah, I really like what Calyhuge suggested. Sometimes you just have to write and figure it out as well. Definitely write from both POVs in this part of the draft, t…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER posted an update 2 years, 1 month ago
Donald Trump is going to ban pre-shredded cheese…
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Some completely positive notes <3
1. Your writing output is still so prolific, that’s great!! Most writers slow down towards the middle of a story, including myself.
2. I enjoy the king character. He seems like a straightforward, honorable guy who might be a tad prideful but still attempting to be a leader. He shouldn’t die. Nor should Sabina.…[Read more]
- Load More

He wants to Make America Grate Again.
XD :p