@starshiness
Active 2 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 174
-
Janellebelovedpig replied to the topic Little One's Journey… title pending in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin @acancello @esther-c
Thanks so much! XD Your encouragement means a lot. -
Allison started the topic Does anyone here write poetry or haiku's ? in the forum Poetry 3 years, 6 months ago
@esther-c @mineralizedwritings @euodia-vision @janellebelovedpig @kyronthearcanin @lightoverdarkeness6
I was just wondering if anyone on KP still write poetry and/or haiku’s? I was wondering if you wanted to talk about them, share them and critique them for each other! Just let me know!
-
Allison started the topic The story game…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@esther-c @mineralizedwritings @lightoverdarkness6 @kyrothearcain @janellebelovedpig @landric @booksbyjayna @euodia-vision @everyone who wants to join!
I made up a fun game that we all can play! So its crazy easy… Step one, im going to post a sentence, paragraph, huge piece etc of unfinished work. Then one of you are going to add the next piece…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@keilah-h @thearcaneaxiom @felicity @esther-c @janellebelovedpig @whoever-else
Here’s the next bit of the Dragonsbane Society:
Kirah sat at a long wooden table, in between Cora and Leif. Amara sat across from her, as did Banner, Rollan, and Elryn. She hadn’t yet touched the food in front of her. The visions had stolen her appetite away, and t…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Ha ha! Yeah, Tsunami’s cool.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yes, Sunny is definitely great! I think the reason I liked Tsunami is because I was really shy, and Tsunami was just the opposite XD
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Yeah, Jade Mountain was cool too. I like Moon also, although my first favorite has to be Sunny.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
That sounds really great! I enjoyed the Jade Mountain Academy thing for the most part, but that’s just cause it had Moon and Qibli in it, who are my absolute favorites. My first favorite was Tsunami, though, especially after book 2.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Yeah, the series isn’t that great if you look at the later books. The first five were awesome though. My story for that is sort of Wings of Fire minus the trashy stuff, but combined with Star Wars. so basically you’ve got all the Star Wars characters but they’re dragons, and there’s several more prophecies, and some more cool things.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
That’s really good! (When I wrote that prophecy, I was under the impression that prophecies were supposed to rhyme for some reason… I don’t know where I got that)
Anyway, yeah, Wings of Fire and its prophecies are awesome! I’ve been kind of disappointed by the series recently, though the storyline is really good.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
The backstory was that the ice dragons were sorta enslaved and mistreated by the other kinds. Five dragonets–one of each color mentioned in the prophecy–would be the ones to save them from their fate.
the slate dragon dies though, and he was my second favorite. -
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin That one’s actually nice! My prophecies usually don’t rhyme, for example here’s my favorite one I’ve written:
Where the moons cast light on the tempest, there the wings of ice will rise, a talon completed.
Teal, a sixth sense to lead his brothers well.
Silver, seeing farther than any other.
Slate, smarts over senses.
Sky,…
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, I’ve written a couple different stories about Amara before, and it always starts with her eyes becoming slitted. Then afterwards she’d have scales on her arms, then sometimes in her mouth (because of eventual fire-breathing), and by the end of it she’d have wings and stuff.
I’d appreciate the help with the prophecy! I’ve only…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Oh, ok cool! So maybe it starts with her eyes becoming like cat eyes or something, then she gets fire breathing, later she starts getting scales and a tail/wings? That’ll be kinda cool, tbh.
And I’ve written a couple prophecies before if you need any help!
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yep, pretty similar to that! As for the dragon traits, (from what I’m thinking so far) it starts out small, until eventually she’s more dragon than she is human. It revolves a lot around the prophecy (which I have yet to write 😅🤣), and I’m still debating as to whether to have them turn back to normal after the events of the book… I…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Whoa, really?? How did that happen, like can some dragons turn into humans? Because I remember reading about a myth where a shark chieftain could shift himself into a human, and when he married a human, their kid had shark features. So is it something like that? Or some other way?
So on the subject of “dragon traits.” Can she…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
No, I can totally tell you! Just a warning, it is somewhat of a spoiler, but not hugely. Basically, it means one of her parents was a dragon, and eventually her own dragon traits start to show. (So, BIGGER SPOILER,
Amara’s father was a dragon.) I’ll get into how that happened later, because it’s somewhat complicated. -
Keilah H. replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Whoa!! So I know what a seer is, and I’m pretty sure I know what shifter implies…..but dragonborn?? What does it mean?
(You don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to.)
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Definitely! I’m a lot better at books where I’ve written the character for a long time, so with these new characters it was somewhat difficult- especially with at least three POVs.
-
Esther replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
At least you’re aware of it. That’s good. 🙂
It does get easier to write with unique voice though as you keep writing because you get to know your characters more. 😀
- Load More
