@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Reconciliation in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Eh… it’s still a Mess in Progress.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why do you write? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Because I have a reputation as a lunatic and a wordsmith to uphold— and what better way to kill both birds with one stone?
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Any Bloggers Out There? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
-
Greta posted an update 10 years, 11 months ago
writingandblog.wordpress.com
-
Greta posted an update 10 years, 11 months ago
Currently writing a novel with my sister.
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 11 months ago
-
Greta's profile was updated 10 years, 11 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why do you write? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Tape worms!? Yikes… poodles, okay, but tape worms is where I draw the line. 😉 🙂 😀 😛
I write because if I don’t, my head will explode with all the ideas clamoring to get out, the visions screaming for expression, the messages pounding against the walls of my mind with their fists and shrieking desperately to be let out and tell the world…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Reconciliation in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Hm. What if there wasn’t a death or tragedy, but the two people were thrown together on a desperate mission for… something, and they have to learn to work together or else?
I’ll give you an example. This is actually a very timely topic, because I’m approaching a reconciliation in my WIP, and I can use IT instead of having to think up one to use…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Music in the forum Music 10 years, 11 months ago
I… don’t know that I’ve heard it in musical form, but if you’re talking about the poem that starts ‘The road was a gypsy ribbon, looping the purple moor…’ or something like that, yes, I’ve read it, and it is mesmerizing. The rhythm is so strong— like a horse galloping or something.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic More Book Titles in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
Thanks for your help and suggestions, everyone. I’ve yet to settle on a final name, but I’ve got some good ideas from this. I might try to combine some of the ideas. Two ideas I got last night were:
The Final Clash
Age’s Final Clash -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writing Music in the forum Music 10 years, 11 months ago
While not music to listen while writing, does anyone like old ballads? Most of them have to do with romance and end with someone dying, but you can good ideas and lines from some of them. More particularity, has anyone heard The Highwayman? I was mesmerized the first time I heard it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Let's Write A Poem in the forum Poetry 10 years, 11 months ago
Oh boy…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Story Generator in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Oh… okay. I see. 😛
I get the ‘why are you laughing’ question from my siblings all the time, though it’s usually when I’m listening to the Monday podcast from ‘The Very Serious Writing Show’.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Let's Write A Poem in the forum Poetry 10 years, 11 months ago
Hey… I actually really like that. It’s… different, but I like it. Everyone did great. It’s not easy for a lot of different people to mash together their ideas and make a whole of them. But I like that poem.
Really. I do.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Those Tear-jerkers :'( in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
@Tatiana— Yes! I remember crying reading the Silmarillion as well. I think it was when Morgoth had chained Maedhros to the cliff to die, and Fingon, I think it was, came to rescue him, and couldn’t, and was afraid he was going to have to shoot him to end his pain. That’ll make anyone tear up.
@Daeus— yes, Men of Iron is a great book. I liked…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Your first reaction when you are alone in an idling truck on top of a slick, icy hill and the truck begins to slide—before the initial terror set in—is ‘Cool. So this is what it feels like, going into danger.’
You know you’re a writer.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you can’t text without using proper grammar.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Music in the forum Music 10 years, 11 months ago
I’m reviving this topic to throw in a good word for an album I found recently via Youtube. I think it’s a video game soundtrack… maybe… but it’s really great music.
It’s called ‘Dragon Age: Inquisition’, by Trevor Morris. I got it for twelve dollars on Amazon. Some of it is a lot like Audiomachine, but it had a LOT of really great creepy music…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Story Generator in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
What… on earth. Is. That. Bunch. Of. Hilarious. Nonsense.
- Load More
