@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Café in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I’m not sure I’ve quite got the concept, but you can count me in for sure!:P This sounds really fun.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Bad heroes, messed up protagonists, and character arcs in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Loyalty could be another driving passion. Either loyalty to some old comrade or leader so that the friendship is more important than the bad stuff the other person wants to do. Or loyalty to a wrong cause…or even a good cause, such as justice, but going about it the wrong way/or with no mercy.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bad heroes, messed up protagonists, and character arcs in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
So… um… did this thing just die? 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 10 months ago
I think it’s just the fact that they are called werewolves that will put someone off. ‘Werewolf’ has a very distinct association in everyone’s mind, and that association is very heavily evil.
I would encourage you to keep looking for a different name. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Sign of the Prancing Poodle in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
That conjures up such a laughable image… 🙂 😀 😛
The Mug and Mushroom Basket.
The Snarling Griffin.
The Sign of the Cat and Cobblestone.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 10 months ago
I just want to mention too, @Sarah-h, that werewolves are not mentioned anywhere in the Bible, even though the Bible does contain descriptions of witchcraft and things connected with it that we need to be aware of.
I think if werewolves were real, the Bible would have mentioned them, so I don’t think you need to be concerned on that score. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Sign of the Prancing Poodle in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Cool! I like that.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 10 months ago
Oh! Okay. Yes. I have made those— too many times to count. That makes sense. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Scene Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 10 months ago
“My socks are cold too.”
I love that line!
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Sign of the Prancing Poodle in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
The Sign of the Scarlet Dragon…this is actually for a book of mine. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 10 months ago
“I want shoes,” Cobalt pushed his socked foot out over the edge and raised an eyebrow at his captor.
Dr. Übel blinked, “What?”
“Please. Pretty please.”
“Wait… why do you want shoes?” he asked.
“My feet are cold,” answered Cobalt matter-of-factly.
“But you have socks.”
“My socks are cold too.”*sighs, shakes head despairingly*
This kid is un…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Sign of the Prancing Poodle in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Hee-hee!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Scene Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 10 months ago
First of all, just let me say… this guy Cobalt— I like him. A lot. He’s a distinct, funny personality, well characterized, consistent… and he has the most amazing name. Cobalt Winter. That’s perfect. I love it.
Now.
Overall the scene is very good. There wasn’t really much I could find to pick on generally, but there were a few places…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Yes! That’s an absolutely great scene. The whole movie is really very affecting. It made me cry.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Sign of the Prancing Poodle in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
The Wizened Potato.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
No, though I read the book (assuming it’s the same story).
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Sign of the Prancing Poodle in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Whispering Pines (this is actually a name my mom came up for a house we ended up not getting)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Hey, have any of you on here seen ‘Valkyrie’? I just watched it last night.It’s heavily based on the true story of a band of Germans who wanted to assassinate Hitler.
If you haven’t seen it, you should.
It has some minor bad language, and violence, being a war story, but not as much of either as I was expecting. It’s really good. I highly recommend it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Sign of the Prancing Poodle in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Sign of the Sneezing Jester! 😀 Love it! Imagine what a sign for that would look like…
The Pickled Parsnip.
The Ranger’s Rest.
The Bow and Horn.
The Sign of the Pork and Pumpkin.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Sign of the Prancing Poodle in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Love The Elegant Horsefly.
How about The Hairless Shrimp (as a competition to The Bearded Crab).
Or Sign of the Sneezing Jester
- Load More
