Sarah Spradlin

  • Anna: “Well, I guess that’s fairly cool.” *rests hand lightly on pistol and looks at ghost* “So we just need to row this boat across the swamp?”

  • Okay.

    So what do we have? We have the pushing off point, where Walter’s family dies and he suspects Alex of conspiring to that end.
    What did Alex do at this point? Did he just live his life normally and roll his eyes at the accusations, or does Walter put the police on his trail and force him into hiding?

  • Arianwen: *stares, turns white, reaches over shoulder and grips hilt of sword slung across her back* “I have seen many things in my few years. Many strange and unnatural things. But never such raw, unbridled power. I would not trust it. It may very well be some dreadful form of sorcery.”

  • *Anna looking up towards ghost*: “I suppose we’d better ask this Tolkien, though I must say his time as a ghost doesn’t seemed to have improved him any. I’d have expected him to be more dignified.” *steps toward head of line* “Umm, Tolkien ghost, where exactly are you leading us?”

    (my own thoughts…I fear the other threads in this forum are…[Read more]

  • Arianwen: *blinks, stares in puzzled confusion, then shakes head and starts after.* *to herself* “There must be some hidden significance. But no matter. The riddle was solved, apparently, so why ought I to worry?” *hurrying forward, raising voice* “My Lord Rameaux! Are you certain you know where you are going?”

  • Anna: “Ghost indeed. Since when have I believed in ghosts? And who send him, I’d like to know?” *sighs* “Well, at least he’s generous enough to give us six guesses. Let’s see…no pain, bruise your foot, a statue or figure of some kind obviously. And…ah. Ghost of Tolkien.” *snorts* “I’d have expected him to give us a bit more of a challenge but…[Read more]

  • (Cripes! That’s quite a riddle!)
    Arianwen: *blinks* “Pardon— the ghost of whom?” *J.R.R.Tolkien shakes head and vanishes into mist* *Arianwen stands confounded, puzzled frown between her brows, thoughtfully biting lower lip**turns to others* “I… I know not what to think. I do not think it would be wise to ignore even the most cryptic warning…[Read more]

  • “Oh, that? Well, it’s more of a collector’s item. My brother gave it to me.” *Pulls small Lego figure from pouch* “It’s a character from a movie…umm, like a story one can watch.” *Smiles slightly as she looks at the figure then puts it away. “Suffice it to say that it won’t be of any help to us.”

  • Arianwen: *takes hand, presses it warmly.* “We shall try not to die here, shan’t we?” *smiles, flashes Anna half puzzled glance from bright eyes* “If I may ask… what is a lego bilbo? Is it… some kind of cordial?”

  • *Anna glances at Arianwen and slows a step to walk along side her* “It’s a dream, for all I can tell. Except I know it’s not a dream. So…no, I don’t know where we are thought I heartily wish I did.” *She clenches her jaw and shakes her head* “I’ve a battle to get back to. Hopefully this will be one of those cases where no time passes when I’ve…[Read more]

  • Arianwen: *glancing at Quinn* “No, my lord, to speak truth I do not.” *steps on thorny creeper, grinds it into ground.* “But it seems to me that some of them—” *flashes sudden smile, glances ahead, lowers voice* “May need what little assistance I am able to give. And I also must find a way to leave this place. I am willing enough to go in their…[Read more]

  • Anna…muttering to self: “And how exactly is heading inward going to get us off this island? Isn’t there a boat or helicopter.”
    Scarlett: Seriously? You didn’t get here by boat or helicopter, did you?
    Maybe I should just go back to sleep.
    And get eaten?
    That was sarcasm and you understood it very well.
    ‘Course I did.
    *Shaking head at Scarlett,…[Read more]

  • Arianwen: *sheathes knife, picks up skirts and follows after*.

    (Is anyone else enjoying how amazingly different all our styles are?— my thoughts).

  • Arianwen: “I have only my knife, my sword and…” *hesitates, sweeps eyes over coastline and trees* “Well, I did have…” *shrugs* “It does not greatly matter. He will turn up when he wishes.” *fixes eyes on Rameaux* “My lord… I beg your pardon, but I see no sword upon you, and no sheath long enough to contain anything more than that long, thin…[Read more]

  • *Anna looks down to examine herself* “Well, I have my laser pistol, but there are only four shots left and it appears I’ve not brought any extra energy pack here, wherever ‘here’ is. And I have my dagger, a small medical kit…oh yes, and my odds and ends pouch. A needle, some thread, a condensed granola bar, paper and pen, and a little Lego Bilbo.”

  • *Arianwen stares at beast with white, set face, sheathes knife, goes over and inspects beast as calmly as she can.* “To say truth, my lady,” *looking up at Anna* “I do not know. But if there are more of these beasts about, I would not find a prolonged adventure upon this isle pleasant. Dragons I can face. It is in my blood. But not nameless…[Read more]

  • *Anna steps from a group of trees, raises her pistol, and fires at the creature* *the creature collapses with a gasp* *Anna pauses, slowly looking over the rest of the group then frowns and slips her pistol back into her holster* “One shot gone and I’ve not been here five minutes. Anyone care to tell me what’s going on?”

  • Hey… I like that.

    I like that.

    Yeah… yeah, I’ll definitely think about that.

    *goes off muttering to herself.* Remembrance… Remembrance… Rembrandt… no no no, don’t say that. Remembrance. Remembrance. I like that.

  • Arianwen freezes, turns white, grips knife until knuckles bloodless.

  • Hm… I like all those as titles, but as the name of a series… I don’t know. The ‘Remember’ Series?

    I’ll play around with it some more and see if I can come up with something. I like the chronicles idea, Hope, it’s just so many fantasy stories are the chronicles of something. I may do the something chronicles, though. I don’t know. Thanks for…[Read more]

  • Load More
>