@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Just a few other picky comments…though I do love this scene. 🙂
With one accord Denholm and his companion turned,
This seems a bit stiff and formal. Simply rearranging the words would make it flow better.
I would be the last to know,” Denholm, answered,
There’s an extra comma…
But he was not to be let off so easily.
You could p…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Welcome, and plan to have lots of fun during your stay here 😉 What type of stories do you like to write? Allegorical fantasy and futuristic suspense are my favorites (how do those two even go together?)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Well thanks! Would you mind posting one of your poems? Or are they all top secret? 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Great. Thanks. I’ll definitely be trying it. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Perhaps you should do a slightly stricter outline for your books.
Hm… yes, more like ‘perhaps you should do an outline for your books.’
Believe me, I’m trying that with the next one. 😛 It can’t hurt to try.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Ooh… that’s a tough question. My absolute favorite poet of all time is J.R.R. Tolkien. He’s slightly famous, though not necessarily for his poetry. 😛
I love just about every kind of poem there is, though I tend to gravitate to sagas and ballads more than anything else.
As for what kind of poetry I write— well, it’s kinda difficult to…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Sloggels! I’m adding that to my dictionary!
It’s a time thing. I realized halfway through the book that I spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too much time with not really important things in the first half, so once I finish writing the thing I’m going back and fixing a lot more stuff than I ever had to fix before.
And I was exaggerating……[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
And I’m trying to hurry up! I’ve got at least five people on my back, so I’m bound to finish it at least before the beginning of 2017… maybe… 😛 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
‘Pickiness is the mother of perfection…’ I like that. That should be my motto. 😛
Thanks Daeus— all very good points. I should probably do everything you suggested…
The thing with Gair, though, is he can be really nasty. Not the sort of person who just invites friendship. Besides that, he looks sinister even if he’s on your side, and…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Welcome, @mas410! Welcome welcome welcome!
I knew I’d been having a creepy feeling of being followed these last few months…
But this is the bestistest place on the internet. In my humble opinion. I don’t blame you at all for stalking it. 😉
I live in Southern Ohio, and love poetry too, though I don’t have the level of skill it takes to…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Ballad of Scott Sterling in the forum Poetry 10 years, 9 months ago
Hahaha… so fun, @writefury! I don’t think I’ve seen the Studio C you’re referencing, but I got the story just from the poem. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Thanks so much, @writefury! Denholm and Cobalt should be friends. 😉 😛
I’ll definitely work over that line and see if I can enhance it a little… it’s funny, because I didn’t really see that line as anything all that special or out of the ordinary, but now that you mention it I can see it has potential. 😀Yes, one thing I forgot to mention is…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Hey guys… you know you’re really, really helpful about this critiquing thing. I have a short little excerpt I would like feedback on… I’ll try to avoid dumping another one so wretchedly long as the last on you. 😛
Any thoughts at all are appreciated— the MC of this scene (Denholm again 🙂 ) and his companion (Lord Gair) are sneaking through…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
A logo is a good idea. Currently I’m thinking about changing the header of my e-mails to plain text…or maybe not. I looked up Fiverr and that could work. Though you have to pay extra for colors most of the time and if you want to have full rights, you pay more too. Maybe I’ll see if I can get my brother to help me. He’s good at art stuff when he…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus Thanks. This is the first time I’ve tried something like this, so any and all kinds of feedback and suggestions are appreciated. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Well, what is Christmas break for if not catching up on writing and putting things I’ve been learning into practice? 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
In case anyone is interested, I’m starting a newsletter which I’ll currently be e-mailing out every month. It will have humorous writing incidences, exclusive contests, news about WIPs and fun stuff like that. 🙂 You can sign up for it here. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Book Marketing Webinar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
The romance doesn’t have to be an overt story plot either; it can just be a quiet subplot that filters in though the story itself (if that made any sense).
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@Sarah-h— well, there are pros and cons both ways. If you have them get married at the end of the book, you end on a really sweet, fulfilling note.
If you have them get married in the middle, you can show the development of their relationship as they are married, and have them grow a lot closer than they were when they were just ‘courting’.
I…[Read more] - Load More
