@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh.
Dare I ask if I am familiar with this… this other couple? 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’m gad you think so. Though I was actually thinking about another…couple. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
If you’re talking about Cyth and Analissa, @Hope, I’d definitely say you did a good job with that.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Actually…umm (*blushes and averts eyes*) I was thinking of one of my own books in which I’ve done this (how well I’ve done it is for others to judge, but I think it came off pretty well). It is hard to find a book that has romance but where it’s not a super big part of the story…my mind is blank right now, but I’ll tell you if I think of any.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
You do have a nice big family, @Hannah-Krynicki! I have four brothers and five sisters— just the opposite! It’s quite an adventure, isn’t it? 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Welcome @Hannah-Krynicki! I love fantasy too. Are you working on a fantasy story right now?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Wow; I’m not even going to try to correct it…poetry isn’t my area of expertise, as you know. 😉 But just..wow. I loved it!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Unfortunately I think I need all the common sense I can get my hands on, @Daeus. 😛
And I will keep writing poetry.
Wow, I’m… I just… I’m still floored you liked it so much.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Egh, forgot the tag thingy.
@Daeus.😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Wow! I really did think it was terrible— just awful. I guess I’m not an objective judge. 😛 Thanks so much, Daeus— for everything.
Oh yes, the contradiction about the king deserting and all that… 😛 Actually the poem went through a backstory change in the middle of writing it, and I hadn’t yet got around to fixing it. 😛
And you know,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Dear Imaginary Friend—
You asked for it.
Son of a Warrior
Love is sacrifice. Only with the gift of everything it is will it ever come into the fullness of everything it was meant to be.
The weary warrior in the night, riding true and fast and far,
with love of land and love of king to guide him, and a star,
looks to me and says to me… -
Kate Flournoy started the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
‘Kay, I’ve got a little problem here. As you know if you clicked on the topic. And if you didn’t, you aren’t even here… *gasp* I’m talking to someone who’s not even here!
Anyway.
I have this really long, rough poem that I started writing like… a year ago? It was the first real poem I ever tried… anyway, I’ve been wanting to finish it,…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Hi, Hannah! I love to write fantasy, too! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to the forum @Hannah-Krynicki! Always glad to have a newbie on here. 🙂 The problem with newbies is, they don’t stay that way. 😉 😛
What kind of fantasy do you like to write? More of a historical style (like Tolkien) or incredibly fantastic fantasy? Like— really weird, awesome stuff that I don’t have a term for without going into a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Hm… maybe ‘Seekers of Truth’… assuming there are people in the story who are actually seeking to find the answers.
Is there an overall theme for the series? Is it God’s existence, God’s grace, God’s love, God’s mercy, man’s relationship with God? I find it’s usually much easier to think of a title when I know the theme and am pulling the…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
@writefury I’ve never read ‘The Quest for the Seven Castles’…is it good? In my series, each story deals with a separate and how it’s connected back to the Prince (love because of the prince, have inner peace because of trusting Him, etc.) They aren’t connected directly with each other. The theme which does run though the novellas is the Gospel…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus It’s Smashwords, I think. Thanks, that should help. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Legends of Light could work… 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Fruits of the Fairies??? :s
- Load More
