-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Nahim
Great, now Ellis is worrying about me. “You know full well we have time constraints. Time constraints means responsibility to get stuff done, and I need to find a good replacement for Ottoline. I mostly forged the…the…uh.” Nahim tapped his thigh, pinky to pointer a couple times fast. “Oh, I don’t remember! Those swords that you can use…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Recent Topics page is down in the forum Questions and Support 2 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, it’s been down for a while, and the formatting is being a little weird again.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Cool! So you were able to make it so that the calendar could mesh with earth time just enough so that you could fit your birthday into it as a significant day. It also makes sense that the months follow the Eivir.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Wond makes an approximate rotation of 357 Earthling days, but I’ve not decided if it’s off that number by a day or just a couple hours. Notice my use of the word Earthling, for I haven’t even totally decided if a Wondian day is different than ours (most likely is). I’ve only been working on the origin planet of Wond for about a year, so it i…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, I missed your conversation with @jonas until now, but if I’m understanding you correctly, your wanting to power spaceships with sound. Sound as a force has been used to manipulate objects in precise ways, but they would have to be ridiculously light, and the cases where we have done such a thing, it’s an object surrounded by…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
This sounds fun, I’m in. It might help me churn out some actual writing for once😂
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Hmm, maybe? XD I think for what I was thinking of, it would need to have some sort of impact on the area around it, so yeah, I don’t think it would. Thanks, though!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Oh, so, these spaceships you’re creating run on sound somehow, and you want help thinking of a different way to power them?
Basically XD. It was just a random idea that I had, and I wondered if there was any actual way sound could be used like that. But yeah, since there isn’t, I need to come up with a different way that they work or else j…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
It doesn’t require sound to work in space at all, it just needs some way for starships to be powered.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Nahim
Nahim rolled his eyes.
“I can walk fine. Thank you for answering my question…finally.” He turned away, and walked up to Ellis, ignoring Kate’s presence.
“Is there anyway you can tell me exactly the weapons we need? Who does best with broadswords? Who need lighter weight or can handle a full sized sword. Daggers,…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Oops, my bad! I mean suggestions for other ways they could work. Yeah, that would require a lot of changes to this world XD
-
hybridlore posted an update 2 years, 10 months ago
Happy Thanksgiving!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I just did some research and found out that, XD. That does make sense, though. I’m just not sure how the mechanics are going to work behind the starfighters in a new idea I’m following, and that popped into my head. Do you have any suggestions?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
(this is all by Realn reckoning)
So does the Wondian planet make a perfect 357 day rotation around it’s sun?
Wond makes an approximate rotation of 357 Earthling days, but I’ve not decided if it’s off that number by a day or just a couple hours. Notice my use of the word Earthling, for I haven’t even totally decided if a Wondian d…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I would think with enough debris and space junk, there would be enough matter for the sound waves to bounce off. Is that wrong?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
So, this might be a really dumb question . . .
There isn’t any sound in space because there isn’t anything for the sound waves to bounce off of–but in a world (think sort of similar to Skyward by Brandon Sanderson) where battles are fought from not far off the surface of planets to anywhere in deep space, is there any way sound…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Also, who are the Nameless Things. That title is already used by Tolkien to describe the indescribable creatures at the very bottom of Arda. Are you describing something similar?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Worldbuilding help and discussions! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
That’s really cool! So does the Wondian planet make a perfect 357 day rotation around it’s sun? We have leap year on Earth to account for the slight error in the 365 days. So is the planet simply perfectly placed for simplicity, or is there some analogue of leap year. Also, what about seasons? Are there four standard seasons like Earth, or…[Read more]
- Load More

Happy Thanksgiving!!
How have you been?
Hi! Thanks for asking, that means a lot 🙂
I have been pretty good, since we moved and left our family in CA we had Thanksgiving by ourselves and got to make everything from scratch. We decorated for Christmas today to XD Have you decorated yet?
My WIP is also going petty good I am at 59,500 words now and I should be done this month with the…[Read more]
@acancello
If you don’t send me a copy of your book………AHHH! I NEED MORE HUGO SCENES! I LOVE HIM!!!!!!! BUT I KNOW VIKKI DIES SO IT WILL BE SOOO SAD BUT I DON’T CARE I STILL WANT TO READ EVERY SINGLE HUGO SCENE!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!! I actually might not have Vikii die, Hugo seems to need her in his life. I honestly am thinking super hard about it though, my brother is all like “You better keep Vikii, Allison or I will give your book a one star review!” XD I know he really wont but the thought is hilarious. Ill try to post some scenes today…
oooh yessssssssssss! I actually think that Vikii dying might be a good character arc…unless of course it’s not necessary. Maybe she gets shot and ALMOST dies or something. that way they realize how important they are to each other. just a thought.
(btw, don’t be suprised if I gush over Hugo…I LOVE HIMMM!)
@acancello
forgot to tag you!
@acancello
Of course! It’s been a while since I talked to you!
Oh, cool! Was it weird without a lot of family there? We’ve always lived really far away from my grandparents and cousins, so I don’t think we’ve ever had family over for Thanksgiving. But my mom’s parents and her brother’s family are thinking about moving out here soon.…[Read more]
It’s currently at like 3k lol
@savannah_grace2009
Hi! How are you?
Hey! Thanks for asking! I’ve been good. I’ve been struggling to find motivation to write, and kind of doubting myself, so writing’s slow. But otherwise, I’m great! I WAS at 23K….but then I HAD to screw up everything, so I started over and am now at 15K. How are YOU?
@savannah_grace2009
Ugh, I’m sorry! Doubting yourself is the worst. 15k already? That’s really good! Why did you decide to start over?
@hybridlore
I had a mentor tell me that my plot was all over the place. He “didn’t see where I was going” and it was “too depressing”. After reading that, I was depressed XD but then I sort of realized he was kind of right (as much as I hated to admit he was right lol), and decided to start over. It wasn’t completely starting over; I kept the same…[Read more]
@savannah_grace2009
Oh, gotcha! XD Aw, yeah. Feedback is hard but your story will benefit from it! I’m glad it’s going well!
@savannah_grace2009
I think that is what I’m going to go with, her almost dying, and her realizing that she actually likes him. 🙂
@acancello
I can’t wait for that scene! It’s going to be sooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!
@hybridlore
It was a little weird without any family there since we have been doing it for my whole life, it was also really quiet and not as exciting. I mean, last year me and my cousins got in a car/golf cart crash. 😅 Long story, (no one was hurt!)
Thanks, I’m pretty surprised that I have been sticking with my WIP this long, lol!
I also…[Read more]
Oh goodness, a golf cart crash??? (that’s good no one was hurt!)
Yeah. My cousin whos 2-3 years younger than me was driving and I was in the passenger seat and all the others were in the back . She (not trying to be mean or anything) but she did not pay attention to anything around her. Her brother was chasing the cart trying to jump in and everyone was yelling at him to stop, she turned around, but kept her…[Read more]
@acancello
Oh no! That’s scary!
@acancello
Yikes! I’m glad no one was hurt, but that sounds scary!